***The official Victoria Highlanders vs Rangers thread***

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite this being a 4th tier American team I've been quite impressed with Rangers tonite . Our intensity , good passing and attacking football. A couple of bits of bad defending early on but seems sorted now.

Think Black's been the top player covering the whole park.

We've certainly progressed as the warm up games have gone on.

Not sure about mcgregor at all.. Got bullied at the first goal. Zaliukas not looking totally sharp but good passing and reading the game well. Faure is never a right back. Smiths done really well. Black and Hutton have been good, Hutton has been spreading play and been impressed with blacks energy and fitness. Crawfords been anonymous, gallaghers not done much other than his shot. Shiels has tried to link up midfield and attack and Clark has took his chance but had very little service....

That's how I'd assess our players on the first half.

Would take off faure, Gallagher and Crawford bring on Wallace, temps and miller.

The goal was avoidable, we seemed to be getting caught one-on-one at the back too often, and really seemed to lose it a bit for the next ten minutes. We showed some good play on the way to the second goal and just after. Let's hope the second half picks up from where we left it with plenty more attempts on goal.

I'm beginning to prefer Hutton in midfield over Law. Quite like Hutton and Black in there.

Law rarely lives up to the hype.