Would this current Rangers team beat 2005/06 & 2006/07?

kanjo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hard to say to be honest.

When you look at our current team on paper , I'd probably go for it . However , over the last couple of seasons that team has looked better on paper than on the park !

One of the more sensible responses. Potential is deffinetaly there on paper.

So this Rangers team would fail to beat what is statistically the worst Rangers top flight team since the 80s?

I am deadly serious when I say we could have beaten that team. What made me think this was our game against Clyde at Ibrox that season, followed by various performances which I remember but try to forget. All my opinion, of course.

Just Naw.

Is OP smoking crack? This is one of the worst Rangers teams ive ever seen. PLG tried to get us to play with a bit of style and failed, but his team would have still slaughtered the current team. Every win weve had has been scraped up out of luck, we havent looked confident or taken control of a game since the Alloa game at Ibrox, trying to find positives about the current squad is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. And id take PLG back over Ally in a heartbeat, imagine what could have been if hed been given the same chance Ally has, at least PLG looked disappointed when we played shite Ally just makes silly excuses.

So this Rangers team would fail to beat what is statistically the worst Rangers top flight team since the 80s?

I am deadly serious when I say we could have beaten that team. What made me think this was our game against Clyde at Ibrox that season, followed by various performances which I remember but try to forget. All my opinion, of course.

what performances do you try to forget

drawing at home with Inter Milan

Beating Porto at Ibrox

Drawing with Porto away

Drawing both home and away with Villareal

what about doing the tarriers 3-1 at Ibrox, or that clyde game you talk about (we won 5-2 AET)

what performances do you try to forget

drawing at home with Inter Milan

Beating Porto at Ibrox

Drawing with Porto away

Drawing both home and away with Villareal

what about doing the tarriers 3-1 at Ibrox, or that clyde game you talk about (we won 5-2 AET)

Quoting European games is taking away from the fact that we finished third, struggled against virtually all teams in the league, getting taken to ET by Clyde and that's only scratching the surface on how bad Eck's final season team was.

I'm not saying it's a certainty but I believe the team we have now (on paper) could seriously have taken Ecks team.

I am hoping I'm not the only one who has not forgotten how bad that team was and it gives me hope that we don't need the widely guessed £20m to start competing for the top.

I'm not saying I am right and I am not saying it's fact, it's my opinion. Would be nice if some members would start remembering that and stop making references which are pretty embarassing coming from my fellow fans.

Is OP smoking crack? This is one of the worst Rangers teams ive ever seen. PLG tried to get us to play with a bit of style and failed, but his team would have still slaughtered the current team. Every win weve had has been scraped up out of luck, we havent looked confident or taken control of a game since the Alloa game at Ibrox, trying to find positives about the current squad is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. And id take PLG back over Ally in a heartbeat, imagine what could have been if hed been given the same chance Ally has, at least PLG looked disappointed when we played shite Ally just makes silly excuses.

Sometimes, you only go so far when reading a post.

The bit in bold is where I stopped.

the 05/06 team were shite domestically but could raise their game in big matches, the last 16 run proved that

this current team are (probably) shite domestically and I doubt they'd raise their game for big matches if the last 2 years are anything to go by

Quoting European games is taking away from the fact that we finished third, struggled against virtually all teams in the league, getting taken to ET by Clyde and that's only scratching the surface on how bad Eck's final season team was.

I'm not saying it's a certainty but I believe the team we have now (on paper) could seriously have taken Ecks team.

I am hoping I'm not the only one who has not forgotten how bad that team was and it gives me hope that we don't need the widely guessed £20m to start competing for the top.

I'm not saying I am right and I am not saying it's fact, it's my opinion. Would be nice if some members would start remembering that and stop making references which are pretty embarassing coming from my fellow fans.

you may not have forgotten how bad that team was, but you seem to have forgotten how bad THIS team is, Raith Rovers, Forfar, QotS, amongst other terrible results

you may not have forgotten how bad that team was, but you seem to have forgotten how bad THIS team is, Raith Rovers, Forfar, QotS, amongst other terrible results

I'm talking about this team, not last seasons.

2003/2004 was a worse team than 05/06 06/07 IMO and naw we still wouldnt even bet them either.

Christ just thinking back to that 03/04 season has depressed me , shite in the league, shite in the cups, they cunts beating us every game. Only highlights of that season was Copenhagen or Stuttgart at ibrox. Also we should have got something against Man U at ibrox actually.but bar that it was a truly awfull season and up until the last two years was the worst football I had seen at ibrox.

Sometimes, you only go so far when reading a post.

The bit in bold is where I stopped.

Maybe "Luck" wasthe wrong word, but i cant think of any games where we controlled the game and i cant remember walking out after any game thinking we really deserved that win, we were lucky to go undefeated 99% of our games were nothing to boast about

our 4 new signings dont make a team, especially as 2 of them have looked terrible in the last few games

So you're basing our team on friendly matches? Are you actually thinking before your posting?

Wattereus v Bell

Ricksen v Foster

Ball v Wallace. Ok, I'll give you that one!

Kyrgiakos v Zaliuskas

Andrews v Moshni

Ferguson v Black. Ho ho ho ho ho ho

Buffel v Law

Rae v MacLeod

Prso v Miller

Novo v Daly

Averladze v Aird

Kanjo, mate, just have a look at each player in each position and give yourself a good shake.