A transfer from FF to RM

RFC-DWC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not personal reasons bud - its more a matter of principle - several in fact.

Firstly as a Rangers blogger I have kept myself free from association with many of the various associations/organisations etc concerned with the club. I f I am to write honestly and without prejudice than I feel a position of total neutrality is a good start. For instance how could I in the future write about the failings/successes of the new initiative if I was a member or on such a board ? I feel that would compromise what I enjoy doing best - writing and defending our club & support from a totally impartial position within our support.

Secondly I would not be comfortable volunteering for such a post given that Vanguard Bears, (who have through the years provided me with considerable help, support and information) failed to get satisfactory responses from the board on a number of key issues. For me to then to volunteer to be nominated for a position created by that same board, would in my opinion be considerably disrespectful towards VB.

Re your first point D'art, with all due respect "blogging" has little impact on righting wrongs, merely highlighting. If you were in the inside, a man of your moral fibre and principles could deliver a Fans group to be proud of. You could make a real difference whereas I don't think your unrivalled writings have much effect at all. If it provided you with a degree of input into the club and its dealings, perhaps you could ensure the Club eats some Weetabix and backs our support to the hilt in getting justice from HMRC, BBC Shcotland, Whyte etc. Or hopefully go on the offensive against the Brit abroad in Donegal that counts lamp posts as a hobby between his Rebel "Journalism" ( :lol: )

Can I ask you to look at your question from a different angle.

Do you think the money we generate will see us through to the end of the season, without some other form of finance being raised, outwith normal revenue sources ?

Yes. A share issue would see us through. We still require heavy, and I mean, heavy investment. And that goes to my main point...

Who is going to invest when there are fans boycotting season ticket/merchandise. Who are protesting every other week on how the club is run.

Even if GW got 10m investment tomorrow the SOS minions would not be happy.

I have one motto...

Support the club in the bad,worse, and the good times.

I am united with my team. And fellow fans who choose to stand united with me are forever a true true blue

Die hard Bear

Re your first point D'art, with all due respect "blogging" has little impact on righting wrongs, merely highlighting. If you were in the inside, a man of your moral fibre and principles could deliver a Fans group to be proud of. You could make a real difference whereas I don't think your unrivalled writings have much effect at all. If it provided you with a degree of input into the club and its dealings, perhaps you could ensure the Club eats some Weetabix and backs our support to the hilt in getting justice from HMRC, BBC Shcotland, Whyte etc. Or hopefully go on the offensive against the Brit abroad in Donegal that counts lamp posts as a hobby between his Rebel "Journalism" ( :lol: )

To add to this D'Art, id rather you did accept nominated to the fans board than that other blogger Merlin ;)

All good reason dart and admirable to see that you have your principles and will stick by them. It's a shame for the support that we can't have someone like yourself on board but I don't think anyone can argue against your stance.

Nominate me instead, you know it makes sense! :D:pipe:

Never frequented Follow Follow because too many told me it was like being in Dachau but I cannot say anything against the place as I have never been on it as I said. :21:

i can play any position apart from Goalie. I was blessed with pace in my younger days and had a good touch and a pass Beckham would have been proud of :21:

another fair post i stuggle to find anythig i disagree with in.

on an unrelated note: do you have any intentions of trying to get a place on the new fans board? I think someone like you would be a brilliant addition

Sook

You've come to the wrong place if you don't want to see posts that slag off our manager, our CEO, Our players. :lol:

Seriously I know at least 2 tims who post on FF regularly so you're well away from it. On here people can sense who is Tim and who is not. It's like a special gift!

Welcome to RM

Jinty eh?

:shifty:

As the title suggests, i deleted my Follow Follow account to join RM.

I just felt that 90% of the people on their were resurrected from the dead by Mark Dingwall, to aid his ailing battle with the Rangers Board.

I was sick of almost entirely anti Rangers posts. Posts slagging off our manager, our CEO, Our players. There were no boundaries to the "wigs out" on every single post/comment from the followers.

I for one will stick by my team through the bad (Christ we have been through the worst) and i will continue to support my team, by buying tickets and merchandise.

Each to their own in all that, but i don't support SOS. Why should i?

Why should i buy a £20 SOS cheap t-shirt when i can get a good quality polo shirt from the mega-store for the same price?

Remember Dingwall's cheap t-shirt (rangers red and black) well i asked the question - Are you going to release details of all the sales, and monies received for the purchase of the t-shirts, and proof of buying shares in the PLC?

Reasonable question, correct? Wrong - I got slated "how dare you ask this" and "your a taig" were common place in this thread.

But, is this not the exact same questions they were asking the board? "where is the money" "Show us the accounts" hmmm

Lets go back to SOS - can someone tell me why the protests over assurances Ibrox will not be used in a sale and leaseback deal?

I mean, the board have already said on numerous occasions that this has been plucked from thin air by someone and used as a "weapon" against the board. The board have said YET AGAIN! that it is nonsense, and why would they sell the assets. Also the assets belong to the PLC and a vote would have to be made which would totally be rejected as this would most certainly devalue everyone shares by about 90%

The biggest threat to investment in our club is Mark Dingwalls FF army of complete and utter twats, and SOS.

I for one will stand united with my club through the dark and in the light. I have faith we are on the right path.

Thoughts are welcome.

Regards,

Die Hard Bear

Welcome - good luck !

This thread is worth a read - Govanblue is like our 'conscience' on here - it's sort of like the FF money extortion schemes but with accounts, accountability, openness, debate, humour and proof of good works!

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=270743

They are all fair points DR - and would certainly reflect the kind of issues I would be interested in raising and pursuing. But they are also pretty one dimensional - ie stand up to our enemies and defend the club. I would hope someone aspiring to that position would be looking to raise a wider range of issues than those which would be my main interests.