Union Bears

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id genuinely like a response from the club as to why this group who havent displayed any loyalty to the club over this ST debacle and who have vocally backed it and been one of the most instrumental in giving the boycott a voice, have been given their own section? Something no one else gets? The board are just showing how spineless they are. Folk call SOS fannies for causing such a divide but back UBs who are just as guilty because they sing a few songs, theyve caused as much division as any other group. And they still get their own section? Baffling. Hell mend the board.

I kinda half agree with you mate. They do get a good atmosphere going, but to put aside a full section "just in case they decide to buy tickets" is unbelievable. It was unavailable to buy a ticket in BF1 as soon as they went on sale.

I kinda half agree with you mate. They do get a good atmosphere going, but to put aside a full section "just in case they decide to buy tickets" is unbelievable. It was unavailable to buy a ticket in BF1 as soon as they went on sale.

don't need them to create an atmosphere just give the fans back a standing section in the 'wee enclosure'.

don't need them to create an atmosphere just give the fans back a standing section in the 'wee enclosure'.

(tu) Its utter nonsense when people say if UBs arent there there'll be no atmosphere, weve been famous for our noise since before half of them were born. The reason for the shite atmosphere is because of the shite football and the fact theres nothing but bad news coming from Ibrox off pitch, not because a bunch of 14 year olds didnt show up. Once the football improves and we're back to the top and hopefully have a new manager then the noise will return regardless of whether the creche is filled with UBs or not.

(tu) Its utter nonsense when people say if UBs arent there there'll be no atmosphere, weve been famous for our noise since before half of them were born. The reason for the shite atmosphere is because of the shite football and the fact theres nothing but bad news coming from Ibrox off pitch, not because a bunch of 14 year olds didnt show up. Once the football improves and we're back to the top and hopefully have a new manager then the noise will return regardless of whether the creche is filled with UBs or not.

Yet under Advocaat the atmosphere was often morgue like.

The absence of the UB is noticeable. Rangers fans are not capable of holding an atmosphere for any length of time. Hasn't happened consistently for a long, long time. The UB are needed (as long as they cut out their shite). They need to get their arses in gear and start attending all matches to breathe some life back into the singing section. Them and TBO make a positive difference in atmosphere terms.

Id genuinely like a response from the club as to why this group who havent displayed any loyalty to the club over this ST debacle and who have vocally backed it and been one of the most instrumental in giving the boycott a voice, have been given their own section? Something no one else gets? The board are just showing how spineless they are. Folk call SOS fannies for causing such a divide but back UBs who are just as guilty because they sing a few songs, theyve caused as much division as any other group. And they still get their own section? Baffling. Hell mend the board.

They've no been given their own section. They've bought a block of tickets in a section, nothin to do with the board. Fuckin hell man you still talk the most shite on here about UB, bar none. Complete and utter moonman.

Yet under Advocaat the atmosphere was often morgue like.

The absence of the UB is noticeable. Rangers fans are not capable of holding an atmosphere for any length of time. Hasn't happened consistently for a long, long time. The UB are needed (as long as they cut out their shite). They need to get their arses in gear and start attending all matches to breathe some life back into the singing section. Them and TBO make a positive difference in atmosphere terms.

I'm with you on this.

I've only been attending Ibrox for a few seasons but I was surprised by how much the atmosphere depends on them.

I was actually quite pissed off that they haven't been there because it seems like they're leaving us in the lurch and TBO don't seem as vocal.

The past two games have been shocking. The fact that the Edinburgh Junkies were singing "this is a library" followed by "shhhhhh" without any sort of comeback from us is shocking.

There was a match two seasons ago where the UB's were protesting about something so didn't sing for the first ten minutes and the place was so quiet it honestly seemed like there a ten minute silence in aid of some major disaster. I even heard Lee Wallace shouting something from the other side of the pitch!

Someone phone Rangers right now and ask for a block of tickets and tell me what they tell you?

The group is phoning up Rangers and saying, can we buy so many tickets together please. Rangers sell them so many tickets together. It's hardly a surprise.

But make a deal about it if you want.

Some folk are fucking sad. "oh theres no atmosphere because UBs arent here tonight" - stand up and sing if you want an atmosphere then you fucking handwringers. I sat in Broomloan rear and folk looked at me like a nutter half the time standing sining and shouting myself but fuck it at least I enjoyed myself and was vocally supporting the team.

The reason the atmosphere is shite is because too many folk think they need TBO and UBs to hold their hand through every song and that they cant start a song without them. Pish.

UB and TBO do a great job of bringing voice and colour to Ibrox but theyre not the be all and end all. And if someone is to self conscious to stand and sing without worrying about people looking then dont complain about the atmosphere.