Walter Smith doubted team

WATBB

Before the game, all the build up on Sky was happening etc.

The presenter turns to Walter to talk about the Rangers line up, first thing Walter says is "I'm not sure about Lewis MacLeod playing right mid, the lads just not a winger, he should be more central"

Starts talking about the defence: Walter says, "I'm not sure I'd have McCulloch in there, it's a solid enough defence, but McCulloch's more suited elsewhere"

He didn't mention the strikers.

This is the man that Ally McCoist learned all he knows from... and that man, Sir Walter Smith, didn't have a fucking clue what McCoist was doing today either... makes me wonder, what is McCoist actually doing, what's he going for?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The presenter turns to Walter to talk about the Rangers line up, first thing Walter says is "I'm not sure about Lewis MacLeod playing right mid, the lads just not a winger, he should be more central"

Starts talking about the defence: Walter says, "I'm not sure I'd have McCulloch in there, it's a solid enough defence, but McCulloch's more suited elsewhere"

This is the man that Ally McCoist learned all he knows from... and that man, Sir Walter Smith, didn't have a fucking clue what McCoist was doing today either... makes me wonder, what is McCoist actually doing, what's he going for?

It may be that McCoist listens too much to his coaches and tries to incorporate all of their opinions at the same time resulting in a disjointed mess of a team. Perhaps Walter was able to stick to his vision and wave away opinions he didn't agree with?

Perhaps this is a case of a camel is a horse designed by committee?

I'd take Smith back right now. He'd sort the wasters out in no time.

Imagine Nicky Law telling the press he didn't give 100% last season in games because the season was over if Smith was manager?

Imagine Ian Black betting against his own team if Smith was manager?

And amen to that Walter. That is exactly what all around me were banging on about in the SJ front today. Walter can see it, we can see it WTF Ally?

Ally is going for his P45 I would guess.

It may be that McCoist listens too much to his coaches and tries to incorporate all of their opinions at the same time resulting in a disjointed mess of a team. Perhaps Walter was able to stick to his vision and wave away opinions he didn't agree with?

Perhaps this is a case of a camel is a horse designed by committee?

If Walter didnt agree with his coaches, and by the looks of things he didnt

Why the fuck did he put one forward to replace him and leave us in this fucking mess

I'd take smith back, but the guys bailed us out before, he deserves his retirement.

He deserves it aye no doubt.

However, no harm in asking. It's just short term, ask the guy to come in for the rest of the season and let him sort the wasters out and read the riot act to everyone. Maybe even a two year deal to get us into the SPL and at least half decent again.

Smith is the go to guy because he's done it before, but he's earned his retirement and I think he's content with it.

However there's plenty of other experienced managers out there who could come in, get more out of this group of players and guide us through the championship.

I think an experienced head with good organisational skills and strong man management is exactly what we need for this season and the first season back in the SPL and I don't think McCoist fits any of that criteria.

If Walter didnt agree with his coaches, and by the looks of things he didnt

Why the fuck did he put one forward to replace him and leave us in this fucking mess

maybe smith realises he fucked up by getting mccoist the job. And don't forget when Walter left mccoist in chage of cup games he often had to step in and pull us out the shit.

Sorry but I don`t want Smith anywhere near the managers seat. I still live in hope that youths can actually break through with us.

So get lost Ally and have a happy retirement Walter. Time for new forward thinking managers to Apply for one of the best jobs on the go.