*** Rm Sponsors' Fund Official Discussion & Accounts Thread

govanblue

I've just spotted this pic on the club website...

7a821ce14137e4f3781887fa2f83147a_XL.jpg

Which reminds me of our upcoming auction.

We will have two of these limited edition, official prints available...

If you're interested, PM me. (tu)

Millenium_Ibrox_zpsf3df9940.jpg

But even better news is that from now on, I can use that pic as well as this one...

Ant_Season_Tickets_zpsa4ba6888.jpg

(tu)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, what's next?

Oh yes,

As the Ladies season is getting ready to kick off, our sponsorship of Natalie Ross is up for renewal.

natalieross.jpg

SPONSORED BY

rangersmedia.jpg

http://www.rangers.co.uk/teams/ladies-and-girls/senior-squad/item/3616-natalie-ross

RangersMedia has been proud to sponsor Natalie for the last two seasons, In season 1 she was shortlisted for the Women's' Player of The Year Awards and last season she won both the Rangers Ladies Player's Player of the Year and Coaches Player of the Year, as well as playing a major part in taking the team to its highest ever League finish (2nd).

So hopefully the Fund Members are happy to continue our sponsorship of Natalie - assuming that she guarantees to go one better this season! ;)

Accounts updated to show £442 received from Fan's Panels sale and from 2 Auction winners (Seb Faure Framed Shirt, Signed Ally Print). (tu)

(The full accounts are in the first post of this thread and you can see some cool pics of the auction prizes in the Good Deeds thread)

So right now we have £1590.79 remaining in the Sponsors' Fund, but that will drop to £1340.79 very shortly when we pay £250 for our Rangers Ladies Sponsorship.

Update:

January:

• 62 Fernando Ricksen Tribute Match tickets for Erskine, Combat Stress and Quarriers (cost £726 - all proceeds to Fernando Ricksen Appeal).
  • Erskine Veterans Ibrox Day Out (Stadium Tour, and Argyle Restaurant Meal for 6 Veterans, 3 Carers and 1 Driver, Megastore Shopping for 6 Veterans - Erskine Bishopton Care Home) (cost £290)
  • Fernando Ricksen Wall Panel Members Discount Offer - 25 Bricks ordered (Equals £1250 to Rangers Development Fund, and they will in turn donate £250 of that to MND Scotland :thumbup:
  • Cash Donations/new memberships were minimal in January, because we haven't been actively seeking any and instead have been lending our support to RangersMedia's own Fernando Ricksen Donation Appeal. (tu) But more good news - we collected £442 in outstanding Auction Fees, so no cash-flow problems just yet.
  • Memorabilia Donations - January has been a very good month for donations - we have now collected some very nice items, not only for our fundraising auction later in the season, but also for various other purposes which spring up, like member prizes, good-deed rewards, charitable donations, etc. You can see details of some of the great things we've received this month in the Good Deeds Thread, but we've received quite a few other things recently, which I haven't had a chance to list yet!
  • Member Benefits - 20 members have benefited from a genuinely excellent deal on their new Wall Panel. 2 members have won a great Treble Winners Print (when I eventually post them!) - and all they had to do to win was say something mildly interesting! :D

I forget what other member-benefits have arisen this month (there are always so many) If you're a member, and you've benefited from Fund Membership in January, why not tell everyone about it? :D

February:

The main thing on the agenda this month...

RCF Lucky Legends Prize Draw.

http://www.rangerscharity.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=525&Itemid=85

Since The Fund began (Dec 2012), we've been a loyal supporter of the RCF Lucky Legends Prize Draw, and I hope we will be again this year. This year, I'm proposing to keep it very simple.

I propose that the Fund simply buys £200 of tickets, holds on to them and hopes that it wins a prize. No reselling, no 'sponsoring' etc etc, (even though it was great fun last season!) PayPal restrictions and gambling laws make anything else too problematic.

If you're disappointed by that, don't worry, there IS a solution. govanblue, the individual, will be visiting the RDF office several times over the next month, So if any of his Fund-mates want him to pick up some tickets for them while he's there, he'll pay for them and then you can square him up later. No problem - that's what mates are for. (tu)

You never know, we might win this...

10931278_870149429707801_619636046897798

Oh and as an added bonus...

Every fan who sells £200 worth of tickets will become a True Blue Hero and will be invited to a special reception to receive a True Blue Hero medal from a first team player.

Which conveniently gives us a ready-made, excellent first prize in our "Fund Supporter of The Year" Awards (first conceived of 30 seconds ago, so not sure of the details yet! :lol: )

Also Coming Soon: New Members Mid-Season Recruitment Drive :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've moved this wee discussion from the 'Good Deeds' thread to this thread (the discussion thread)...

Can you please explain the auction process for me? Even tho i dont rate darren cole its a cracking top and one of my favourite, shota was a player i admired before he came to us and that is my other favourite top

No not really. I haven't worked it out yet.

Last season the priority was to maximise the cash raised. This season it's not. This season the priority is to maximise good deals for as many Fund Members as possible.

I think the best thing to do is to survey the Fund members beforehand to see what kind of interest there is for each item, and set the prices accordingly.

The one or two most popular items can be auctioned normally for the highest price possible.

But for the rest of the items, We won't just let the price keep rising until the richest member wins it. We'll find some other way of settling it while the price is still reasonable.

So for the Darren Cole one, you could easily be in with a shout at a very good price, but for the Shota one, you'll probably be in a bidding war.

Well that's clear! :pipe:

Have you any experience with reverse auctions - where the lowest UNIQUE bid wins the prize? That might satisfy the desire for fund members to participate AND allow the prizes to go for a reasonable amount? (and you could say that the 'lowest' unique bid is no less than (say) £10 - works well with more memebrs tho' perhaps I will just BUMP BUMP BUMP (and I'll go get dirty and post this thread link in the Board Room Section!)

i was thinking the reverse auction might be good as well, another way of raising a bit of money could be that you pay a quid to bid so if you bid a tenner you pay 11 etc so people can have more than 1 shot at winning?

I'll have a look at the reverse auction thing.

I don't think the "pay a quid to bid" idea will work for 2 reasons:

1 - The main one - PayPal don't let you use their system to sell raffle tickets. this is not quite the same, but similar. I suspect PayPal will not be keen on any scheme which involves you paying something and not getting something in return, except a chance at something.

2 - My personal feeling - The Fund Members have already paid at least £10 for the right to take part in the auction! I don't think we need to take any more money off them just yet. (tu)

I've moved this wee discussion from the 'Good Deeds' thread to this thread (the discussion thread)...

I'll have a look at the reverse auction thing.

I don't think the "pay a quid to bid" idea will work for 2 reasons:

1 - The main one - PayPal don't let you use their system to sell raffle tickets. this is not quite the same, but similar. I suspect PayPal will not be keen on any scheme which involves you paying something and not getting something in return, except a chance at something.

2 - My personal feeling - The Fund Members have already paid at least £10 for the right to take part in the auction! I don't think we need to take any more money off them just yet. (tu)

Actually (according to T'internet) - what I was describing was a UNIQUE BID auction - not a reverse auction - You just can't get the staff!

Actually (according to T'internet) - what I was describing was a UNIQUE BID auction - not a reverse auction - You just can't get the staff!

Ok, I googled it.

Nah - Horrible idea. :thumbup:

I don't fancy the principle of it, but even if I did, I think that to be effective, it needs far more participants than we would have.

Plus it's probably prohibited by PayPal.

What I need to do is survey how many Fund members would have any interest in participating in the auction, which items they would probably be interested in, and what they would probably want to pay for it.

Once I get an idea of that, I can sort the items and starting prices accordingly. The hope being that the most popular items will attract all the financial hard-hitters, leaving the cheaper items at more reasonable prices for ordinary poor folk. :D

Would that be the haggling start price :pipe:

I will pm you GB (tu)

no mate!

the auction hasn't started yet - I need to find out what the market is like first, and make sure all Fund Members know the full story.

it's complicated, but let's say for example:

1. The Durrant picture proves very POPULAR, and LOTS of folk are interested in it - then it will go to a straight auction, and the top bid gets it. That could be over £100!

2. The Durrant picture proves very UNPOPULAR, and only one person (you) is interested in it. Then it will go for the starting price (whatever that ends up being, let's say £20 for this example)

3. The Durrant picture proves mildly popular, with say 4 people interested in it - then we have to find some way of settling things between those 4 people, but NOT simply the highest bid gets it - we need some way of raising the price in little bits, rather than big bits, and finding some incentive for 3 people to drop out. That's the bit that needs working out still. :D

Message received and understood :thumbup:

Obviously I would be keen on your updates on how things are going, perhaps once bids have been placed and an agreeable amount raised they could be Issued with a number which could be then randomly selected, just a thought (tu)

Yes, I think that's a good way to do it. (tu)

Don't worry, you'll get the updates - I'll be sending the 'pre-auction survey' PM (and the 'catalogue') to all Fund Members within a week or two. (tu)

Message received and understood :thumbup:

Obviously I would be keen on your updates on how things are going, perhaps once bids have been placed and an agreeable amount raised they could be Issued with a number which could be then randomly selected, just a thought (tu)

Or what about: whoever signs up the most New Fund Members wins it.

?

:lol:

Ok, I googled it.

Nah - Horrible idea. :thumbup:

I don't fancy the principle of it, but even if I did, I think that to be effective, it needs far more participants than we would have.

Plus it's probably prohibited by PayPal.

What I need to do is survey how many Fund members would have any interest in participating in the auction, which items they would probably be interested in, and what they would probably want to pay for it.

Once I get an idea of that, I can sort the items and starting prices accordingly. The hope being that the most popular items will attract all the financial hard-hitters, leaving the cheaper items at more reasonable prices for ordinary poor folk. :D

Err in what way does it differ from a normal auction that PayPal could object to?

Oh well back to your complex scheme!

:pipe: