I want them in the cup!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that the same ones calling McCoist a shitebag on the EF thread are showing themselves up to be shitebags on this one.

You think playing East Fife is the same as the tims ?

What you been smoking ?

Since you're on, could you or the other rockets tell us why we should not be concerned at the prospect of playing them ?

In what areas are we stronger than they are ?

What do you think the result would be ?

Try and answer with analysis and not jingoistic nonsense.

I don't fear them and think we could beat them. In fact, I think the pressure would be on them and their squad seem to lack bottle.

That said, I've enjoyed not having to play them, purely because I don't want to see that horrible symbol of segregation, bigotry and other moral crimes that their strip is, on the same pitch as us.

I abhor the thought of the mere presence of them in our stadium, just as I abhor the thought of our Club being represented at their rancid SavileDome.

In short, I want nothing to do with them and would avoid the fixture either in person or watching on TV.

I'd only watch the highlights of our goals.

I don't fear them and think we could beat them. In fact, I think the pressure would be on them and their squad seem to lack bottle.

That said, I've enjoyed not having to play them, purely because I don't want to see that horrible symbol of segregation, bigotry and other moral crimes that their strip is, on the same pitch as us.

I abhor the thought of the mere presence of them in our stadium, just as I abhor the thought of our Club being represented at their rancid SavileDome.

In short, I want nothing to do with them and would avoid the fixture either in person or watching on TV.

I'd only watch the highlights of our goals.

I can tell you're gagging for us to draw them in a cup.

We were 10 minutes away from getting knocked out by Albion Rovers not so long ago for christ sake. But aye we'll beat the tarriers no problem.

and they got knocked out by a part time team last season too.

They got taken to extra time and almost lost to a part time team the season before that.

We are shite right now, but far too much credit is being given to an utterly pish celtic team ffs.

I think they would most likely beat us, but the reactions in this thread are defeatist in the extreme.

People are talking like we would have absolutely no chance, they forget it's a one off game of football, in which anything could happen.

Celtic pumped Utd 6-1 at home. We lost 3-1 at home. Celtic were playing not even 100% but we played our most passionate performance since Motherwell. They were shite last night but they would be pumped up to beat us and they would convincingly. We would give the performance as versus Utd but if we lost an early goal that would be it.

and they got knocked out by a part time team last season too.

They got taken to extra time and almost lost to a part time team the season before that.

We are shite right now, but far too much credit is being given to an utterly pish celtic team ffs.

I think they would most likely beat us, but the reactions in this thread are defeatist in the extreme.

People are talking like we would have absolutely no chance, they forget it's a one off game of football, in which anything could happen.

They are the Emperor's New Clothes of football.

why are people so fucking scared of that mob? our players are probably desperate for a scalp at them, I would take them in a minute.

granted our team is poor, but surely having a team of Rangers men, we would be putting in 150%. I know a game isn't won on effort alone but look at the shite they have!

fuck them, No Surrender.

Sorry, but that post is completely shit from start to finish.

Celtic pumped Utd 6-1 at home. We lost 3-1 at home. Celtic were playing not even 100% but we played our most passionate performance since Motherwell. They were shite last night but they would be pumped up to beat us and they would convincingly. We would give the performance as versus Utd but if we lost an early goal that would be it.

I actually think there's something a bit suspicious about that one.

Steven Thompson and Jackie MacNamara's wee team give them a crucial confidence boost, their only one of the season, just before their most important fixture of the season?

I'm not saying there was foul play, but given some of the stuff that goes on in Scottish football, you can be forgiven for wondering a little about that one.

man U beat real Madrid then lost to mk Dons. All hail the new champions of Europe...

What you been smoking ?

Since you're on, could you or the other rockets tell us why we should not be concerned at the prospect of playing them ?

I never said it was the same as playing them. Just that those who trotted out the 'we are Rangers, we should be afraid of noone' are suddenly shit scared of the worst Celtic team in living memory. I never said I wasn't concerned. We wouldn't be favourites however all the pressure would be on them. Their squad has shown they can't handle the pressure of big games whatsoever.

I think we're stronger than them in a few positions.

Bell is arguably on a par with Craig Gordon as a keeper. Gordon has looked incredibly shaky in the few bits I've seen of him this season. He doesn't instill much confidence as a keeper.

Left back - Wallace pisses all over Izaguirre. A far better player going forward and much more consistent.

Centre backs - Are Zaliukas and Mohsni/McGregor any worse than the two clowns who played for them last night?

Right back - Celtic shade it here. Lustig is a better option than what we have at our disposal.

Wide midfielders. Very little between us both again imo. Templeton, when on form, is arguably the best winger in the country and Aird is a much better player, if a bit inconsistent, than many give him credit for. Their latest wunderkind (McGregor i think) hasn't really impressed me that much. A decent knack for getting into the box he rarely beats a man and his final pass leaves a lot to be desired.

Central midfield. Kayal and Nir Biton vs Law/Black & Jig? Again very little in it for me. Kayal has a habit of going missing for them in important games and Biton does a similar job to Black in that he breaks up play well but can be guilty of giving it away too cheaply immediately afterwards.

Forwards - Boyd & Clark look to be a very promising partnership. Boyd has matured massively since leaving us and has learned to be much more selfless in bringing his partner into play. With Miller, Gallagher, Shiels and McKay all as able deputies it more than matches Stokes and The Thumb. Even if they played Commons further further off a single striker I don't think they have any partnership which is all that comfortable with each other yet. It might click in time but by the looks of things Delia doesn't fancy Commons in big games and they don't come much bigger than the first OF in 3 years.

oh aye, and I've been smoking some exquisite weed. Best I've had in a long time.

I never said it was the same as playing them. Just that those who trotted out the 'we are Rangers, we should be afraid of noone' are suddenly shit scared of the worst Celtic team in living memory. I never said I wasn't concerned. We wouldn't be favourites however all the pressure would be on them. Their squad has shown they can't handle the pressure of big games whatsoever.

I think we're stronger than them in a few positions.

Bell is arguably on a par with Craig Gordon as a keeper. Gordon has looked incredibly shaky in the few bits I've seen of him this season. He doesn't instill much confidence as a keeper.

Left back - Wallace pisses all over Izaguirre. A far better player going forward and much more consistent.

Centre backs - Are Zaliukas and Mohsni/McGregor any worse than the two clowns who played for them last night?

Right back - Celtic shade it here. Lustig is a better option than what we have at our disposal.

Wide midfielders. Very little between us both again imo. Templeton, when on form, is arguably the best winger in the country and Aird is a much better player, if a bit inconsistent, than many give him credit for. Their latest wunderkind (McGregor i think) hasn't really impressed me that much. A decent knack for getting into the box he rarely beats a man and his final pass leaves a lot to be desired.

Central midfield. Kayal and Nir Biton vs Law/Black & Jig? Again very little in it for me. Kayal has a habit of going missing for them in important games and Biton does a similar job to Black in that he breaks up play well but can be guilty of giving it away too cheaply immediately afterwards.

Forwards - Boyd & Clark look to be a very promising partnership. Boyd has matured massively since leaving us and has learned to be much more selfless in bringing his partner into play. With Miller, Gallagher, Shiels and McKay all as able deputies it more than matches Stokes and The Thumb. Even if they played Commons further further off a single striker I don't think they have any partnership which is all that comfortable with each other yet. It might click in time but by the looks of things Delia doesn't fancy Commons in big games and they don't come much bigger than the first OF in 3 years.

oh aye, and I've been smoking some exquisite weed. Best I've had in a long time.

Send me some :lol:

I cant get a hold of anything decent :(

They'd shag us rotten. No thanks.

Unfortunate choice of expression there I'm afraid, as we, and probably most teams worldwide, would come off second best to the state aid mob when it comes to that activity.

Even their church practices and condones it. But I digress.

Should we get them in the cup in the next round or whenever, it will all be settled on the day. We should be prepared for this game the same way the lower league teams set out their stall against us.

It's a cup game and although we will be underdogs at the bookies, realistically, anything can happen. We have all been there plenty of times and the knots in the gut will all disappear when the whistle blows at start of play.

As said above, why should we fear them, they have proved to be a mediocre side, and since we were unceremoniously hounded out of the SPL, have not proven to be anything more than that.

Social Security football and athletic club (Harriers), are the ones who should be worried about us, the team would be up for it, bring it on .

:7325:

What you been smoking ?

You've had analysis from others, from me, I haven't said we would win, just that I wouldn't be scared of them, the attitude on this thread is (like most) just utterly negative and defeatist, especially for a game that isn't even happening.

Watched that game last night and I must say they look like a team not buying into the new managers strategy. They lacked cohesion and looked like they couldn't be fucked.

They've more quality than us but Ambrose makes mohsni look like baresi. I think they'd beat us sadly but if we get our act together it wouldn't take that long to overtake them again.

Commons isn't wanted apparently by this deila cunt. Seems van dijk wants away, they had deals in the offing but it was dependant on CL participation.

Things ain't all that down waen toucher way