I'm starting to see no way back

Skyson1872

I don't know which particular group will be to blame, but it will be our own fault this time, we will have no one else to blame.

Last time, we could take our pick of SDM, CW, Lloyds, HMRC, that injustice helped galvanise the support.

If there is a next time, the support is so fractured that it might not be willing to pull together.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what we need is one owner, who pulls in one direction.

Too many factions within the board and within the fan base.

I'm not King's biggest fan, but I'd take him over anyone else at the moment. Certainly don't support the UoF, but longterm admin 2 might not be the worst if it results in DK coming in.

Unfortunately it's gonna get worse before it gets better, If we go up this season then I see us getting leathered next season.

And that's gonna be one hellva big pill to swallow.

Nonsense

The team we have at the moment are hardly world beaters but with a decent manager they would cope easily with the majority of SPL teams

The way back to the very top of Scottish football and then into European football is not achieved in one big leap from the position we found ourselves a few seasons ago when those who led the Club at that time (including Ally McCoist) were scrapping in dark rooms for a licence to play and scrapping to avoid title stripping and scrapping to avoid the wilful presumption without evidence by SPL Clubs, the SFA and others of guilt. Their game was to destroy Rangers or if not destroy then to put Rangers as far away from them as possible - all for commercial advantage. We must not lose sight of this.

The way back is in steps of possibly equal importance - play our way back to the top league asap and take the football matters from there; and recover financially. The latter (recover financially) is imo undoubtedly hindered by the reckless actions of DK and his followers in promoting a boycott of ST sales. As evidenced last week in the size of the crowd atr Ibrox around 10 - 12 thousand are not just boycotting ST sales they are boycotting the Club. That is their choice. They see a Rangers in their minds and hearts that is very different from the actual Rangers on the pitch and in the Boardroom. Playing out these notions of what they want, and stomping their feet in the media and seemingly hounding the Board and the Manager until they get what they want or give up does appear to have a way to play out yet. At the cost to the rest of us who simply want to support Rangers in its efforts to get back to the top quickly. The result may be delay in promotion, reductions in the Support, and - perhaps worst of all - a mediocre Rangers that is just one of the 'also ran' clubs that every now and then offer a flurry of resistance to the other lot who are handed uncontested title after title.

All of the internal wrangling among Supporters and fiddling about with notions of power by denying income to the Club, and now even denying active support by not turning up at Ibrox will have its outcome judged in due course by history. And if it turns out that the original plan in those dark days a few seasons ago to neuter Rangers as a football force turns out to be the case then a lot of supporters may well live long to regret their radical actions of distracting from the team rebuilding and damaging the financial rebuilding. No doubt a key word in all of this is trust - or the lack of it. Sooner or later that lack of sufficient trust will do more to harm Rangers than the actions of the active harm SPL lot. They knew what they were doing when the forced the move to Div 3 and they must be really pleased that we seem to have forgotten about them in the rush to blame the Board or blame the Manager.

Unless events transpire to make us the new Third Lanark there will be a way back. But it may take a lot longer. A lot longer than it should have done. Maybe decades in worst case - and if that turns our to be true then there are many Bears who would not be around to see that day. And those who are around may well cast an eye of judgement back on these current times and conclude this was achievable sooner.

This season is so important a step on the journey that if we do manage to win promotion I suspect a lot of the sidebar issues that buffet the Club may reduce or go away as the prospect of actually challenging for the top title comes into view. Football may then supplant club politics and power plays as the main (and proper) focus of interest.

Why is it the fans fault for not giving their money to people the don't trust?

Theres nothing wrong with that, its the fact they try to influence other fans with lies instead of letting people make their own decision.

Ridiculous nonsense

It isn't nonsense. If the fans supported the club this season with ST sales and game-by-game tickets as per the last 2 seasons then we wouldn't be in this trouble. 15000 STs at an average price of say £250 is £3.75m If there was no boycott of merchandise then the income from our deal with Sports Direct would increase. Add in the catering etc and things would be a lot better.

We have a fan base where many look for others to fund our team when we should be doing our own bit. We have shouts for fan ownership but have many unwilling to buy into that concept.

If you love the Rangers and want us to survive and thrive then buy a ticket and go to the game.

It isn't nonsense. If the fans supported the club this season with ST sales and game-by-game tickets as per the last 2 seasons then we wouldn't be in this trouble. 15000 STs at an average price of say £250 is £3.75m If there was no boycott of merchandise then the income from our deal with Sports Direct would increase. Add in the catering etc and things would be a lot better.

We have a fan base where many look for others to fund our team when we should be doing our own bit. We have shouts for fan ownership but have many unwilling to buy into that concept.

If you love the Rangers and want us to survive and thrive then buy a ticket and go to the game.

Spot on JCD. Not too late for the bhoy-cotters to still buy season tickets or are the anticipating the return of the messiah from J'Burg.

The bhoy-cotors should be as ashamed of themselves as the fucking board. As it stands currently, Admin2 is highly likely, and the loss of ST's through bhoycoters would have plugged the 3ml gap we currently have which would have seen us bavk in the SPL with great sponsorships and more money coming in.

We are a fucking embarrassing shambles at the minute, a true fucking laughing stock!

There is no way we'll liquadate again. Very worst case scenario is we'll go into administration again, but we've very few creditors who would need to be paid should we go into admin.

Points deduction and Relegated by those in power will see us go back.

We won't recover from another Administration event.

I hold the mouthpieces of the Fangroups fully responsible for self harming the Club to the extent where they promoted boycotts via St and merchandise.

Just to get their Man in.

To me they have no interesting Rangers whatsoever and do not speak for Rangers Fans in a majority, yet they ran to the Mhedia who hate us.

They took negative story after negative story and gave a platform where it has now tore our Fanbase to bits.

We won't survive this that of which I'm certain and only a single owner such as king or Ashley would be able to fix this shambles.

The Fangroups have caused nothing but bother since we came out of Admin, sure we have been rum badly but a campaign of negative stories has put paid to any recover we have been making.

Even King said they wanted a fight and he has not been seen since then.

I blame the Leaders of these Groups and they don't speak for me.