McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

Short term pain for long term gain.

Enough of the birthday card pish, there are a lot of fans who share his view, if another defeat gets this clown to fuck, so be it.

Nothing of the sort, he didn't say it would be acceptable but people choose to read what they want to fire their anger.

Calling our manager a cunt, posting links to online petitions, hoping our team gets beat etc seems to be the new way to support our club, But I prefer the old fashioned way, you remember that - loyal and true, not surrendering, following on.

I am not naive enough to think everything is all shiny and birthday like, our great club has come through some real tough times in the last three years, something I believe is at the root of this new way to support our club, anger is sometimes mistaken for passion, it is how it manifests itself is the saddest thing.

Ally is not the man for the long term but neither is he a cunt.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing of the sort, he didn't say it would be acceptable but people choose to read what they want to fire their anger.

Calling our manager a cunt, posting links to online petitions, hoping our team gets beat etc seems to be the new way to support our club, But I prefer the old fashioned way, you remember that - loyal and true, not surrendering, following on.

I am not naive enough to think everything is all shiny and birthday like, our great club has come through some real tough times in the last three years, something I believe is at the root of this new way to support our club, anger is sometimes mistaken for passion, it is how it manifests itself is the saddest thing.

Ally is not the man for the long term but neither is he a cunt.

We're supporting the club, some people are supporting the man, Rangers will be here long after he is gone, that makes the club number 1.

Well he treats us like cunts with his statements and he's making a cunt out of the club, so if the cap fits.

We're supporting the club, some people are supporting the man, Rangers will be here long after he is gone, that makes the club number 1.

Well he treats us like cunts with his statements and he's making a cunt out of the club, so if the cap fits.

Yes, but I choose to support the whole club, not bits of it.

Yes, but I choose to support the whole club, not bits of it.

As much as I disagreed with his appointment, he's always had my support.

Same goes for everyone on here.

Although we have downgraded squadwise, our resources still dwarf our competitors yet we find ourselves being schooled by shite teams.

To continue to support something that clearly isn't working is blind loyalty, delusional and downright stupid.

I continue to pay my money to support my team, the manager however. is not fit for purpose

"Let the others come after us, we welcome the chase"

"Did you go into that second half confident?" "I was confident before it started son!"

To...

"I don't care if we finish second best in the second tier of Scottish fitbaw, as long as we win the play off" :anguish:

(tu) The first two are from real Rangers Managers.

The 3rd, well................

But I prefer the old fashioned way, you remember that - loyal and true, not surrendering, following on.

ask big eck how that goes for a non ex rangers player who the gaffer, he had fans outside the door of ibrox protesting for his sacking during a run in which he had the audacity to take us to the champions league last 16 (a whole european run where we lost only 1 game and that was away to the italian giants inter milan, we had guys like hamed namouchi, bob malcolm, maurice ross etc)

i remember the absolute dogs abuse eck got in his final season when we under performed in the league, but fans think its alright for us to get promotion through the playoffs in a league where still outspend our nearest rivals by probably about 3-1, and a lot of the teams by about 8, 9 and even 10-1

or we could ask Paul Le Guen how it felt when he got this type of abuse, the man was tasked with changing the whole ethos of the club, while still being outspent by the tarriers, PLG was 2nd in the league and that wasnt good enough back then

But now its deemed acceptable simply because................. well fuck knows why tbh, i certainly dont

ask big eck how that goes for a non ex rangers player who the gaffer, he had fans outside the door of ibrox protesting for his sacking during a run in which he had the audacity to take us to the champions league last 16 (a whole european run where we lost only 1 game and that was away to the italian giants inter milan, we had guys like hamed namouchi, bob malcolm, maurice ross etc)

i remember the absolute dogs abuse eck got in his final season when we under performed in the league, but fans think its alright for us to get promotion through the playoffs in a league where still outspend our nearest rivals by probably about 3-1, and a lot of the teams by about 8, 9 and even 10-1

or we could ask Paul Le Guen how it felt when he got this type of abuse, the man was tasked with changing the whole ethos of the club, while still being outspent by the tarriers, PLG was 2nd in the league and that wasnt good enough back then

But now its deemed acceptable simply because................. well fuck knows why tbh, i certainly dont

Has anybody said it is all right to get promoted through the play offs? Seriously?

As much as I disagreed with his appointment, he's always had my support.

Same goes for everyone on here.

Although we have downgraded squadwise, our resources still dwarf our competitors yet we find ourselves being schooled by shite teams.

To continue to support something that clearly isn't working is blind loyalty, delusional and downright stupid.

I continue to pay my money to support my team, the manager however. is not fit for purpose

Blind loyalty is often considered a negative thing, I have been blindly loyal since the day my Dad hoisted me up on his shoulders at Ibrox in 1970. That is what supporting this team has done to me, but I can still debate our managers weaknesses without wishing we get beat, calling him a cunt or signing on online petition, which is my point.

Has anybody said it is all right to get promoted through the play offs? Seriously?

im more on about the abuse, ally deserves it just as much as Eck and PLG did, infact probably more given he's had 2 free years to bed something into place, and instead we are a fucking mess on the park

My priority is the club, the club first, last and everything, not one single emplyee or owner matters more than the club, not ally, not any owner, not any player, not even the minimal wage workers that do more to keep the place going than our management team do (although i respect them way more than anyone else connected to the club, they are the REAL glue that holds it together)

Nothing is bigger than the club

Blind loyalty is often considered a negative thing, I have been blindly loyal since the day my Dad hoisted me up on his shoulders at Ibrox in 1970. That is what supporting this team has done to me, but I can still debate our managers weaknesses without wishing we get beat, calling him a cunt or signing on online petition, which is my point.

Point taken.

Some of us have had enough though, watching your team embarrassed on a weekly basis, and now every interview is taking it's toll.

I'll still be attending games 'supporting' the team, doesn't change my opinion on the manager.

McCoist has done more damage to the club we all love since taking over than the Germans had

Done to Clydebank during the blitz. Time is up

Ally just go please.

:lol: I suppose so. As far as I know, the German bombing of Clydebank didn't make anyone go completely insane.

I dont want to labour the point but are you aware he didnt actually say that.

I don't wish to labour the point either but it's perfectly clear, at least to the majority on here, that he certainly implied that. Also, as has been previously stated on here, why didn't he just answer an obviously loaded question in a true Rangers Manager's way, i.e. we don't settle for second best ever!

What is it that the people who know Boris Johnson say? Don't let the bumbling act fool you, he knows exactly what he's doing. Same with McCoist. Get the excuse in early, treat the fans with total disrespect, go home minted while other people spend their hard-earned watching dross. He's got the people on here arguing with each other about whether he said or implied something while he pisses off to be pals with someone else. It wouldn't surprise me if he was reading this forum and pissing himself laughing at us while he wonders how he can squeeze another million out of the club.

He might be an embarrassment as a Rangers Manager but, by Christ, he's not as daft as the cheeky-chappy act he puts on!

If you've any shred of dignity left McCoist, hand in your resignation and stop treating the club like a cash cow and the supporters like fools.