£10 million to spend in January?

CrackFox

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lolololol. Ive never seen so much pish on a thread. There's too many guys on here who have been playing too much football manager!

You all slag McCoist yet the guy has won every division this far and got us to a scottish cup semi and league cup semi this year. He can only be judged after a few seasons in the top flight and provided he is on a financially level playing field with the jungle jims. McCoist has not had any money to spend since getting the job and has no right to be judged until he has spent real cash. Years ago, Rangers supporters would stick by a man like McCoist because he was a legend and stuck by the club through thick and thin. Sadly, new fans of the club behave like spoilt brats, demanding this and that and seem to think they know it all when in fact, they have no clue about the game, attempting to educate those of us who do know a thing or too. It's hilarious.

Your memory must differ from mine there mate.

Because I remember paying at the gate to sit amongst less fans than we are getting just now when the greatest ever Ranger was in charge.

Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

If this wasn't a lot of shite I'd be bemoaning the shortsightedness of spunking £10 million without using an established team of scouts.

Interesting point here.

If anything, if money is going to be spent on restoring Rangers to strength, it should indeed be spent on things such as:

* scouting network!

* strength and conditioning facilities (the current setup is good, but it could be better -- for instance, some machines could be removed and replaced with more racks and/or lifting platforms, more trap-bars [for trap-bar deadlifts] could be aquired, more chin-up/pull-up bars could be installed along the wall of the inside pitch for more efficient group training, there could be more dipping stations, more back-extension units, more glute-ham raise units, a number of pulling/pushing sleds, a number of blue rumble rollers [the black ones are too harsh], all the players should have Adidas weightlifting shoes for squatting, regular visits by a weightlifting coach to teach injury-free squat form [e.g., get tight, straight spine, knees out {vital in order to avoid injuring oneself!}, load on the heels], etc)

* repairs to facilities and grounds that need done

* more spending on nutrition

After all of that, it could perhaps be spent on player aquisitions and wages.

That's just my personal opinion of course.

Interesting point here.

If anything, if money is going to be spent on restoring Rangers to strength, it should indeed be spent on things such as:

* scouting network!

* strength and conditioning facilities (the current setup is good, but it could be better -- for instance, some machines could be removed and replaced with more racks and/or lifting platforms, more trap-bars [for trap-bar deadlifts] could be aquired, more chin-up/pull-up bars could be installed along the wall of the inside pitch for more efficient group training, there could be more dipping stations, more back-extension units, more glute-ham raise units, a number of pulling/pushing sleds, a number of blue rumble rollers [the black ones are too harsh], all the players should have Adidas weightlifting shoes for squatting, regular visits by a weightlifting coach to teach injury-free squat form [e.g., get tight, straight spine, knees out {vital in order to avoid injuring oneself!}, load on the heels], etc)

* repairs to facilities and grounds that need done

* more spending on nutrition

After all of that, it could perhaps be spent on player aquisitions and wages.

That's just my personal opinion of course.

You forgot something mate...

* An Ambulance for Boyd, Daly & Jig after all that stuff you listed above.

If this 10m exists "I think it's all bullshit" then imo we need a CB to replace Jig unless Zaliukas re-appears,a RB,a decent CM and two wingers.Remember it's Ally that will be spending this supposed money :lol:

I haven't watched any of the spiffle in 2 years so I have no idea on the players there though there's bound to a decent few that we could attract,we've really missed some gems down south as well the past few years.

as I said early on in the thread,more likely to be a loan to cover running costs etc till end of season,if any truth in it.Ally may get a wee bit but can`t see him getting more than £1m at very most! Either way if Ashley is putting a large amount in, for any reason, it`s got to be good news for us at last!

Hahaha, Adidas weightlifting shoes and more trap bars!! That's gonna help!

How about practise trapping a ball rather than using a trap bar!!

All I'm suggesting is that Rangers keep up with the serious English clubs, many of which are spending serious amounts of money on their facilities.

Rangers can't match them in terms of wages and transfer fees (that's impossible), but it can certainly match them in terms of preparation of players.

Anyone else embarrassed that there is not only one, but two threads still on here about this pish.

Lighten up ffsake man! It`s a fans forum not the Roman Forum.We are allowed to post pish here.It`s been fun reading the replies at least.Makes a change from moaning negativity, well almost! :rolleyes:

We can dream right? A bit of positivity, even false positivity cant be a bad thing lol.

I put rumour tag so all would know.To those miserable Bears who keep moaning about this thread I`d like to say this.The thread title and original topic is not always that important.The discussion it stimulates is,On this thread guys have discussed where any investment would be best spent,how important a scouting network is,wasteful signings and too high wages etc so I don`t see this thread as a joke or embarrassment.It has stimulated talk about how we should go forward if/when we get some investment.Can`t be a bad thing surely!