Ally McCoist's signings as Rangers Manager

ORCHARD LOYAL

Wallace - Was initially good, has regressed massively in the past 18 months.

Bocanegra - Was solid enough but form went out the window after 6 months

Ortiz - Pish

Aluko - His best signing but wasnt here for long to see how McCoists man management would have affected him

Matt Mackay - Didnt get a chance.

Bedoya - Did ok but again didnt look anything special.

Mervan Celik - Looked terrible in his first few games then left

Cribari - Pish

Faure - Overweight and a poor footballer

Agryriou - Terrible

Black - Consistently mince

Shiels - Started well, turned to shite.

Temps - Same as Shiels

Stella - Pish

Sandazza - Pish

Kyle - Fat and pish

Bell - Solid enough but not great.

Simonson - Worst keeper in our history

Foster - Pish

Moshni - Bomb Scare

Smith - Pish

Law - A coward but can score goals, form turned to shit under Ally.

Peralta - Pish

Clark - Promosing but Ally/Kenny never gave him much of a chance.

Daly - Ok

Boyd - Pish

Zaliukus - Dont know, we signed an alleged alky

Miller - Pish

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace - Decent but cant play a decent final ball. Average now and has piled on the weight outran by commons.

Bocanegra - got roasted by amateur was done when he came to us.

Ortiz - no good enough

Aluko -Great wee player.

Matt Mackay - not good enough

Bedoya - not good enough

Mervan Celik - not good enough

Little - should have had another year

McGregor- done well once moved to a more natural position. Took a nosedive and at fault for the filths goal.

Cribari - Was finished when he came to us.

Faure - dont rate him.

Agryriou - didnt rate him

Black - decent player has done well went downhill fast

Shiels - not done enough

Temps - doesnt seem to be able to play well at a big club.

Stella - no impact

Sandazza - very poor player

Kyle - not good enough

Bell - done well

Simonson - done not bad but kickings woeful

Foster - struggling now

Moshni - if he stuck to the basic he could be a player

Smith - done well but not played enough games utter baws now

Law - invisible man

Peralta - not done enough

Clark - would like to see him play more games as he needs that to progress

Daly - done well.

Zal - not done enough

Miller - done well looks lost in games

Robinson - done ok in the few games i saw him.

Hutton extra year and never played

Boyd- done ok but can improve. rubbish so far

Wallace - Reasonable but final ball awful and rarely has a good player in front of him to help

Bocanegra - Did well
Ortiz - Dreadful
Aluko - Quality
Matt Mackay - Never given a chance
Bedoya - Never given a chance
Mervan Celik - Why did we sign this player....
Little - Always did well, felt we treated him harshly
McGregor- good player if played centrally
Cribari - Waste of money
Faure - Average at best
Agryriou - Waste of money
Black - Seemed a good signing but has regressed massively
Shiels - Good player but lacked opportunities
Temps - One of our best players. For some reason never seems to start games. We desperately need creativity.
Stella - Why did we sign him...
Sandaza - Mercenary...
Kyle - Waste of money, we had plenty of strikers
Bell - Will probably turn out to be the best signing over time
Simonson - has struggled at times
Foster - Poor
Moshni - Inconsistent
Smith - Not a left winger, average at left back
Law - underacheiver
Peralta - Early promise, never given a chance as a holding midfielder
Clark - Must be wondering why he came, not given a chance
Daly - Brave signing, has done well overall with limited service
Zaliukas - the new Daniel Prodan
Miller - effort as always
Robinson - done ok in the few games i saw him.
Hutton - limited opportunities
Boyd - underachieved massively this time, albeit with no service

You look at that list and there is a good team there, shows how poor the coaching and set up has been for us to be playing the way we are. Even now we are too afraid to drop the underachievers.

Wallace - success

Bocanegra - success

Ortiz - fail

Aluko - success

Matt Mackay - fail

Bedoya - failed with us doing well now

Mervan Celik - fail

Lyttle - I dont know who this is?

Cribari - fail

Faure - fail

Agryriou - fail

Black - success imo

Shiels - fail

Temps - Potential to be success

Stella - fail

Sandazza - fail

Kyle - fail

Bell - success

Simonson - main time he was called upon he failed

Foster - fail

Moshni - hate him. Fail

Smith - fail.

Law - fail.

Peralta - fail

Clark - success

Daly - success

Boyd - will be successful

Zal - fail so far but early days tbf

Miller - will be successful

Robinson - pointless

Only one in that lot that was a success in his time was Aluko .

Appalling record for any manager.

Wallace - Gone backwards recently but new management will return him to his previous standards i would hope

Bocanegra - Very good centre half for Scotland did what was needed and somne.
Ortiz - pish
Aluko - Great signing and would have liked to see him stay on, the fact he is a regular for Hull shows he is at a high level
Matt Mackay - Not one of the Ally Pally clan so no gametime
Bedoya - Not one of the Ally Pally clan so no gametime
Mervan Celik - idiotic signing
Little - IMO should have been kept on rather than Boyd, Miller signings always gave his all and decent enough for now
McGregor- Be much better player with a decent CH partner
Cribari - Pish as pish can be
Faure - Could be decent under proper management team and played centrally
Agryriou - desperate to sign players =at time turned out to be a waste
Black - Seemed a good signing but has regressed massively
Shiels - Glimpses of the SPL dean Shiels but failed to turn it on consistently, Needs a run of games
Temps - May be below par at times but who isnt in our team should be a starter every week and is one of best players. Him and Wallace go well
Stella - Did he ever play?
Sandaza - Cunt
Kyle - terrible signing
Bell - good keeper fits the bill for now but not greatest either
Simonson - terrible worst Rangers goalie ever.
Foster - Wank that should never have been re-signed
Moshni - for all his time at Rangers "there has been a player in there somewhere" still waiting to see him
Smith - decent cover for Wallace but not a left winger
Law - good player but not big enough to wear the Rangers jersey
Peralta - Shite, well done Stevie the IT guy great signing
Clark - Annoys me every week he doesnt play should be him and JD up front for me every week.
Daly - See above
Zaliukas- Pint please?
Miller - Runs into ground but lost pace sadly
Robinson - Back up that wasnt needed.
Hutton - better than Black but thats saying nothing
Boyd - doesnt get the correct service required over weight and over the hill.

Wallace - Quality in the SPL then for about a year in the lower leagues then lost interest. Fitness has became shambolic aswell as seen when he made Commons look like Usain Bolt on Sunday. Needs a kick up the arse or he's finished as a Rangers player.

Bocanegra - Solid defender in the SPL even though he lacked height. Shame we got him at the end of his career.

Ortiz - Less said about him the better. Bit hard for a right wing back to impress on the left wing to be fair.

Aluko - McCoists only good signing. Fantastic player and would love to see him back at Ibrox.

Matt Mackay - Baffling signing. Not given a sniff, shame because came with a decent pedigree in Austrailia.

Bedoya - Another completely pointless signing. Paid 400k to get him early and he never even played before January where he would've joined for free. Early warning sign that McCoist didn't have the slightest clue what he was doing.

Mervan Celik - Who?

Little - Decent in the SPL when played up front. Regressed massively in the lower leagues although could be down to being stuck on the right wing.

McGregor - Decent CB for Championship level, nothing more.

Cribari - Sums up McCoists business in the transfer market. Still amazes me that he actually played in the CL.

Faure - Hardly given a chance in his natural position. Worked hard but was never going to displace McCulloch or Foster who are undroppable.

Agryriou - The Greek Ricky Foster.

Black - Never wanted him anywhere near us before he signed and still don't. A plastic hard man who contributes nothing in any game he plays. Should've been punted after betting against us.

Shiels - Went backwards as soon as he stepped into Auchenhowie. Says more about the 'coaching' setup than anything else. Would be a decent option under a real coach.

Temps - Yet another who's regressed massively under the clown that is McCoist. From best player on the pitch at Anfield in his last game for Hearts to being behind Stevie fucking Smith in the pecking order all in just over 2 years.

Stella - Shite haircut. That's all I remember about him.

Sandaza - Complete and utter mercenary who was rightly booted into touch. Just wish Black etc were handed the same treatment.

Kyle - Less said about him the better.

Bell - Decent keeper for our current level. Would be a good backup in the Alexander mould.

Simonson - The worst keeper I have ever seen at any level. Baffling that he was given another contract, slow reflexes, slow off his line, murder at high balls and his distribution is laughable. Counting down the days till Bells back.

Foster - Probably the worst outfield player in the squad, which is some achievement considering how bad the rest of the team is.

Moshni - Decent guy, absolutely brutal 'defender'. Sooner he's off the better, lacks any sort discipline and is a bombscare any time he plays.

Smith - Sums up the short sightedness of the current regime. Never really established himself anywhere since leaving us the first time and should never have been brought back.

Law - Coward. I don't mind if players aren't very good and try but he is both shite and hides at every opportunity he gets. Should've bitten Boltons hand off.

Peralta - Like Cribari, a completely pointless signing. Wouldn't surprise me if he was signed to justify McCoist & Durrants piss up in Honduras. Certainly must have been pished to sign him.

Clark - Decent movement and pace, with a good scoring record for QoTS, hardly given a fair crack which must be murder for the boy seeing how bad Boyd and Miller have been.

Daly - Used completely wrong, MUCH better when we play the ball into his feet instead of the hit and hope lump up the park. Underrated in my opinion.

Zaliukas - Pish(ed).

Miller - Relied on his pace first time around and despite working hard, isn't even half the player he was. Good experienced for the youngsters is probably all he's good for these days.

Robinson - Waste of a wage. Must really be terrible if he's backup to Steve Simonsen.

Hutton - Get the impression that he thinks he's better than what he actually is, typical Glasgow footballers mentality who thinks he's made it.

Boyd - Fat, lazy and useless which is a shame because if we had a manager with a set he would still do job as seen with Killie last season.

Fuck me writing all that has just reminded me what an absolute shambles of a job the clown has done and what a state we are really in. Hope he's enjoying his £15k a week.

I think too many people don't consider this when they analyse our signings over the past few seasons.

Something I've said often. We could never buy average journeymen from the SPL and expect them to be Rangers standard players....they're average journeyman, as good as they'll ever be. And many still believe we should be winning the major cups with these average journeymen.

Overall a very poor record by McCoist in the transfer market and I can't think of any that have improved since they joined us. No matter who is in control we are going to have to bring in 10-12 players for next season given the number who are out of contract and that will prove difficult for no matter who is in charge