ruaridhmac

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the Poppy want's Independence,ffs.

Maybe the OP should be in the SNP forums. :7325:

What has this go to do with Independence?! I voted no if it makes so much a difference to you but it was an interesting question.

I believe it's probably just down to Puma. But I hadn't thought of that before. Some people are a joke on here.

Worse than that where was our (Scotland's) representative at the Cenotaph today. Total insult to our Queen and troops that paid the ultimate sacrifice for Great Britain. It was laid on our behalf by the Welsh minister and even the Southern Irish Ambassador laid a wreath on behalf of those that joined up with us. Makes me ashamed to call myself Scottish today.

Seriously?

That's an absolute disgrace that someone cannot attend the main remembrance service in the UK to pay respects as a representative of the people of Scotland.

Worse than that where was our (Scotland's) representative at the Cenotaph today. Total insult to our Queen and troops that paid the ultimate sacrifice for Great Britain. It was laid on our behalf by the Welsh minister and even the Southern Irish Ambassador laid a wreath on behalf of those that joined up with us. Makes me ashamed to call myself Scottish today.

It alternates between Plaid Cymru and the SNP after Westminster (under LAbour) tried to block them having any representation whatsoever at the Cenotaph.

Seriously?

That's an absolute disgrace that someone cannot attend the main remembrance service in the UK to pay respects as a representative of the people of Scotland.

Before you go out your way to be offended without knowing why you're offended you should probably have a look at the reasons why they are only present every other year.

Before you go out your way to be offended without knowing why you're offended you should probably have a look at the reasons why they are only present every other year.

Im not offended by it :lol:

Genuinely don't see why someone cannot attend to lay a wreath, especially this year being the centenary of the outbreak of the first world war.

Care to fill me in why someone from Scotland doesn't attend each year? I would imagine it is so that they can pay respects at various services around Scotland?

Still feel that when representatives of the other parts of the UK are attending then someone should be representing Scotland.

It alternates between Plaid Cymru and the SNP after Westminster (under LAbour) tried to block them having any representation whatsoever at the Cenotaph.

If that's correct then I was ignorant of it and is a disgrace in itself.

Im not offended by it :lol:

Genuinely don't see why someone cannot attend to lay a wreath, especially this year being the centenary of the outbreak of the first world war.

Care to fill me in why someone from Scotland doesn't attend each year? I would imagine it is so that they can pay respects at various services around Scotland?

Still feel that when representatives of the other parts of the UK are attending then someone should be representing Scotland.

They were blocked by the Labour government from doing so in 2001 and had to fight to be allowed to form a group and alternate with Plaid Cymru. So in the 13 years since there's been no 'Scottish representative'. This year was Plaid's turn.

They were blocked by the Labour government from doing so in 2001 and had to fight to be allowed to form a group and alternate with Plaid Cymru. So in the 13 years since there's been no 'Scottish representative'. This year was Plaid's turn.

Fair enough, wasn't aware (tu)

Yea, that sounds right. The big bad Westminster politicians told the biggest whingers in the UK they were not allowed to go to the ceremony and they quietly accepted this. Yet NI with no land link to England turn up every year and representatives from all over the planet can make it.

They are not there because they do not want to be there, because they are anti-British rebel scum.

The Poppy. A Simple Blood Red Flower that grew on the battlefields of Flanders. It is not English or Scottish or even British. It is an Iconic Flower that reminds us of all that have fallen on our behalf. Who cares- let's remember them that have fallen and forget the politics.

Yea, that sounds right. The big bad Westminster politicians told the biggest whingers in the UK they were not allowed to go to the ceremony and they quietly accepted this. Yet NI with no land link to England turn up every year and representatives from all over the planet can make it.

They are not there because they do not want to be there, because they are anti-British rebel scum.

You do know the dude is never wrong :pipe:

The Poppy. A Simple Blood Red Flower that grew on the battlefields of Flanders. It is not English or Scottish or even British. It is an Iconic Flower that reminds us of all that have fallen on our behalf. Who cares- let's remember them that have fallen and forget the politics.

Well said mate.

Its the same style poppy worn on last years shirt

and the year before as well (look at me sig)

My question is: how come Falkirk WEREN'T wearing any poppy at all??

A lot of Scottish teams didn't wear poppies on their tops. As I've seen so far, only us, Killie and Hearts did.

As usual the filth didn't, nor did St Johnstone (who forgot last year), partick, Hamilton, ross, st midden.

Motherwell and Dundee hivs didn't, although strangely, both their managers did. Some players at caley and Dundee did, some didn't.

An absolute disgrace to Scotland and an insult to our fallen heroes.

A lot of Scottish teams didn't wear poppies on their tops. As I've seen so far, only us, Killie and Hearts did.

As usual the filth didn't, nor did St Johnstone (who forgot last year), partick, Hamilton, ross, st midden. Some players at caley and Dundee did, some didn't.

An absolute disgrace to Scotland and an insult to our fallen heroes.

Raith either wore one or their shirt is a commemorative top to their ww1 heroes

I always thought a poppy was just a poppy its an education on here at times.

Members of my family have run the poppy appeal round here for years.

I hadn't a clue that there were regional varieties!

Edit:

But I'll make sure I enquire next time I see them!