Rangers want Graeme Shinnie

trueblueal

Our playing wage bill isn't particularly high considering our turnover. It's the preposterous amount we spend on director remuneration and non-playing staff that's the issue.

Agreed, I hate the talk of us overspending on wages. It's nonsense. We should be able to afford these players. Maybe not at our current attendance levels as I'd expect they will have an affect on our turnover, but you'd hope these will improve in the spl should we get promoted.

The issue is the big black hole where we piss all of our money into.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him a good few times for Inverness, up and down the line all day and has a good left peg. Can put in a good cross too which is something that Wallace doesn't do enough.

Although if I had the choice between the two then I'd pick Wallace but if he is to be sold then Graeme Shinnie would be a good replacement. Wasn't he with us anyway then left with his brother Andrew?

Better option than Smith imo. Shinnie has been very good for ICT. I wouldn't be averse to losing Wallace if we could get a decent amount for him (unlikely) and replacing him with Shinnie but Shinnie would still be good competition if we did keep Wallace around.

Our playing wage bill isn't particularly high considering our turnover. It's the preposterous amount we spend on director remuneration and non-playing staff that's the issue.

But it still should be lower than it is, imo no player playing for us right now should be on any more than 5 grand a week, at the moment Wallace and McCulloch are on between 10-15 grand and the rest of the current first team are on between 5-10 grand a week except for our best player McLeod who is on between 1-2 grand a week. If you look at our competitors in this league or the premier no team will be paying anyone anything near 5 grand a week except for the dhims. Just think back to when McCoist was at the peak of his playing powers(early 90's) he was only on 2 grand a week as were players like Hateley and Gough etc.

Right now McCoists salary alone dwarfs the directors annual renumeration.

Really right now we have to get the playing and coaching staff salaries under better control as they vastly outweigh the total of all other staff costs.

But it still should be lower than it is, imo no player playing for us right now should be on any more than 5 grand a week, at the moment Wallace and McCulloch are on between 10-15 grand and the rest of the current first team are on between 5-10 grand a week except for our best player McLeod who is on between 1-2 grand a week. If you look at our competitors in this league or the premier no team will be paying anyone anything near 5 grand a week except for the dhims. Just think back to when McCoist was at the peak of his playing powers(early 90's) he was only on 2 grand a week as were players like Hateley and Gough etc.

Right now McCoists salary alone dwarfs the directors annual renumeration.

Really right now we have to get the playing and coaching staff salaries under better control as they vastly outweigh the total of all other staff costs.

Our squad wages to turnover percentage is the envy of many clubs, it's even half of most Premier league clubs around the world.

As long as we stick to that and not let it rise above 45% we will reap the benefits in the future. It's one of the few positives to come out of CG tenure.

I think shinnie would be a great signing, still a young guy with a great engine and a good left peg.

This is the type of player we should be signing as he could end up playing for us for the net ten years or he could make us a good bit of cash in a couple of seasons.

Wallace hasn't been at his best this season, but that may be due lack of motivation, which I think would come back in the Premiership. I'd rather keep Wallace and strengthen elsewhere, not our best position. However, if Wallace has to go, be it his choice or our own necessity, then fair enough, Shinnie would be a good replacement.

Turnover will have dropped due to fall in crowds. Our wage-bill should reflect that..

At this moment in time We can't afford to have players on or over 10 k a week.!

Turnover will have dropped due to fall in crowds. Our wage-bill should reflect that..

even when we are back in the spfl there is no reason we should be paying more than 5k per week, perhaps when we are back in europe we can have 2 maybe 3 top players on 8-10k but even then I would be unsure

(tu)

No downsizing is good downsizing but if we have to sell Wallace then replacing him with one of the best left backs currently playing in the SPL wouldn't be the worst move in the work, especially when he's at an age where he can still get better then I can live with it.

even when we are back in the spfl there is no reason we should be paying more than 5k per week, perhaps when we are back in europe we can have 2 maybe 3 top players on 8-10k but even then I would be unsure

[/quoteYou will never competein Europe on that basis. We need to get off field sorted to get back to close to sell outs at Ibrox which in top division and tv and Europe gets turnover up towards 40m Keep players wage bill to 50% and you can then pay 10k pw to a 25 player squad.I

Decent player and if on a bosman worth getting .i would suspect Smith would be released. I a think it shows up our youth department. As I am sure both the Shinnies were in our youth system at some point. I hope once we get our act together we look at the youth Department. If we are cost cutting then replacing Sinclair with somebody better and cheaper would be a great move