Next Manager of Rangers

WilliamCahill91

419 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next manager of Rangers?

• Stuart McCall.
    • Derek McInnes.
    • Billy Davies.
    • Someone different from the above three. (Comment below)
    • No-one. I'm happy with Ally McCoist in charge.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one. I'm happy with Ally McCoist in charge. (12 votes [6.59%])

:lol:

Really are some clueless buffoons on here

Not a personal dig mate but can you point me to a comparable situation where bringing in a new manager won the league? I can`t recall it.

Not a personal dig mate but can you point me to a comparable situation where bringing in a new manager won the league? I can`t recall it.

Slightly different kettle of fish here. We're in the second tier. Any manager before has had to compete against much better sides. Mainly Celtic. And also done better (besides maybe Paul or Guen). Ally hasn't got a worthy medal to show for his managerial reign at Ibrox. He is clueless when it comes to tactics, scouting and player discipline.

Time, she's up.

I really don't want Davies, think he's a solid manager though. For some reason, even to me, a Scot, he sounds cartoonishly Scottish. If an American was to do an impression they'd sound like Billy Davies. Might be because he's been down South but I can't help notice how Scottish the cunt is :lol:

Davies, McCall, Mixu, Curbishly.... I'd take any of them to be fair

If Ally goes, it is probably between McCall and Butcher and I'd go for McCall.

McInnes might not even want to go to Rangers as he is arguably in a more stable place with Aberdeen unless he was offered a few bob after Christmas to give the club a better chance of getting past Hearts.

I wouldn't know who was best for the position, but like many I would see the application open up and decide the best candidate that way. It would be interesting to see who would like to take on the position to be fair, I would think that a fair few wouldn't mind a crack at the whip :)(tu)

I wouldn't know who was best for the position, but like many I would see the application open up and decide the best candidate that way. It would be interesting to see who would like to take on the position to be fair, I would think that a fair few wouldn't mind a crack at the whip :)(tu)

I like, go for it girl, get that application in, who says women can't be good football managers ? :thumbup:

(And if you need any advice on the offside rule.................. ;) )

An interesting name I noticed on one of the betting sites was Graeme Jones, Martinez assistant at Everton.

Obviously would be a risk but I remember Swansea tried to get him before Monk and he no doubt shares Martinez view on how the game should be played. If circumstances were different, he'd be a decent shout IMO.

Unfortunately though, we need a solid, experienced manager who can come in and steady the ship just like Walter did in his 2nd spell. The buffoon McCoist has single handedly drove us right back into the rocks and the longer he's here the more we'll sink. Depressing.

Cheeky monkey...how rude :blush:

Only jesting, if you can cope with the posters in here you can easily cope with a bunch of overpaid prima donna footballers.

All they need is a good kick up the arse. (The players that is, and maybe just the one or two posters. :) )

Honestly surprised Alex Neil hasn't been mentioned.

He is signed to a rolling contract till June next year is he not? Not a bad choice though given how well Hamilton are doing. He likes using young players too. Would he be interested in coming to Rangers given that he is enjoying his time Managing and still playing football.

The big challenge we face when it comes to replacing the Manager is that we have to find someone with multiple skill sets. Some one who can ensure promotion this season- working primarily with the squad we have now, but also someone who can build for the future. They also need to be able to handle pressure.

Of the options listed:

Stuart McCall- loved him as a player, admire his honest and his work rate/ ethic, his performance as Manager of Motherwell was superb given the resources he had to work with. However his time at Motherwell appears to have taken his toll and he looks as if he could do with a break. Firing him into the hot seat at Ibrox would not be the worst decision, but perhaps would do him no favours right now.

Derek McInnes- not a bad shout- but arguably out performed in managerial terms over the last few seasons prior to this by Stuart McCall who has had a lot less to work with.

Billy Davies- Struggled with the media attention at Forest and appeared to go into meltdown- so that's a straight no for me.

Other- In Scotland the obvious stand out is Alex Neil. However I think he is in his infancy as a Manager- he has yet to face the really hard times. Expectations at Hamilton are not even remotely comparable to Rangers- It would be too big a risk.

Ally McCoist- How long are the Club and indeed Mr McCoist going to ignore the writing on the wall. Despite impressive Managerial stats- the fact is that he has achieved those stats through being able to massively out resource his part time opponents during the last 2 seasons. But even so there have been clear indications that there are significant failings- the Ramsden Cup Campaigns for example- the Kareoke incident (it is interesting to note that the Hearts squad were back training on Sunday after their victory over us at the weekend), the discipline issues- Black and Mohsni have been the obvious ones- but at the weekend it looks as if the rot has begun to spread- or is a sense of frustration from the players that they are now beginning to kick out.

What is clear is that doing nothing is now no longer an option. I have understood the Boards reluctance to part with Ally McCoist due to the costs involved- however how much more evidence is required before it registers that we are highly unlikely to win promotion this season. If we keep on like this there will be no Club left as maintaining this squads costs for another season in the Championship is likely to destroy the Club completely- and that is before we see further reductions in attendance and decreases in ticket sales revenue.

I would therefor be inclined to go for McCall despite my earlier stated misgivings.

If you could find a situation like the one we are in eg a club having a squad jam packed with a higher divisions players, biggest budget my a country mile in the division plus all the other advantages we have over the teams we are playing then good luck.

This isn’t about winning the league anymore, McCoist has basically already seen to that. What we require is someone who can handle the pressure and get decent footballers playing like they and we know they can…then we will be on the right track.

We NEED to get McCoist out our club to safeguard it’s future…simple as that.

Love him…dislike him…whatever…but the man is ruining our club on the park and that’s where it matters in terms of going forward. If we don’t go up then it really is a dooms day scenario we will find ourselves in.

Any of the top 3 in the poll would do so much better than Mccoist, like to see mccall given a go personally. Until he quit he did a decent job at well on a shoestring budget. However if it was opened to applications I wouldn't complain but we need someone that knows the club and the Scottish game.