Next Manager of Rangers

WilliamCahill91

419 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next manager of Rangers?

• Stuart McCall.
    • Derek McInnes.
    • Billy Davies.
    • Someone different from the above three. (Comment below)
    • No-one. I'm happy with Ally McCoist in charge.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What scares me is who we might end up with if McCoist does leave.

Derek McIness has too many ties to McCoist for my liking, don't rate McCall all that much and out of the three I'd go with Billy Davies,

I like the idea of letting go out to application but it doesn't seem like the typical Rangers thing to do so I'd doubt that would happen. Although as I've said before in another thread it's times the club starting doing things outside the box.

Its astonishing just how many gers fans have turned on Ally now,the guy has rhino skin!!,, I would wlecome big Mcleish back personally but Ally is not going anywhere without a pay off which is shameful considering the dosh he has had off us over the years.The last thing i would like to see is another so called amateur Gers-man appointment,our club is rotten from top to bottom

At the start of the season I said Gordon Strachan , though I accept now that is a non starter because of his promising start to the Euros.

However that is the kind of manager we need - an experienced , proven manager ( I do worry about McCall , McInnes and Davies in that respect in the step up to a team like Rangers ) .

His biggest attribute is getting the best out of ordinary players as his time with Scotland is proving. In our current financial position this is vital. His team frequently punches above its weight , while , at the same time , playing attacking football. He also has an eye for players that many don't know , doesn't fear throwing them in the team , and they rarely disappoint.

Like I say , Strachan won't come , but if we can find someone with these attributes , we won't go far wrong.

You forgot he would put the fear of pain into a players head if they did not perform, can't see him being all cuddly, comedic and Karaoke.

Not a personal dig mate but can you point me to a comparable situation where bringing in a new manager won the league? I can`t recall it.

Souness . When he came in we had struggled for years. Yes he bought Woods , Butcher and later Roberts . But the bulk of that team had been at Rangers for years. Guys like McCoist , Durrant , D Ferguson , McMinn , McPherson , Fleck , Cooper , Munro .

Souness turned these players into winners and within months we knew we were going to win the league that year for the first time in nearly 10 years .

Edit. And to a lesser extent it could be argued Big Eck turned a season around when he came in , by winning two cups that seemed highly unlikely given our league form .

Aye, been a bug bear of mine for ages, Ally has about as much fear factor as Mr Blobby or Louis Walsh for that matter.

Not sure about those names. Apparently Mr Blobby taught Pochetino english, while Louis Walsh preferes to counter from the back too much.