Empty Ibrox

Blue63

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You expect at least half full during the week for a cup game but a weekend cup game against another spfl team shouldve seen at least 30k. If Mccoist got the boot last saturday i think at least 25k wouldve been there today easily.

A decent win but we will end up struggling on wednesday again. The players should be giving 100% every game. Not when they try to prove a point against "better" opposition

Everyone on this thread apart from basically The Dude is deluded...we never drew crowds much higher than this typically in Scottish Cup ties vs Killie, Dundee Utd and the likes, 14000 is about what's to be expected.

The reason we had higher vs Motherwell and ICT in the cup in our season in division 3 was because the SPL teams sent us down there and there was the element of hatred and revenge. After that season they were just typical draws and the uniqueness of the occasion wore off.

So as I said earlier, those bleating on about the attendence today just need to look at the pre Div 3 attendances against top league opposition and barring Celtic they were similar!

The club should increase the ST price slightly and include all home cup games.

Some years we win if we get a few home draws, some years the club will win if it's mostly away draws.

The price of a ST is already too high. Including all cup games free of charge might make this years price increase seem more palatable.

I enjoyed today regardless of the crowd size. At least l can say that I was there through the good and the bad times.

Anyone who's bought a ST during these years in the lower divisons can say that. Even those who now boycott.

Complaining about the attendance on a forum thread...

Well, lads... You know what you've gotta do. Get off RangersMedia and other social media sites and attend the game.

And that's not a knock on people who live too far away or couldn't make it due to financial reasons/personal commitments.

I'm from Glasgow and so are the majority of Rangers fans. That crowd today was a disgrace, given the number of Glasweigans who claim to be supporters of the Club.

I live right next to Silverburn. I can get to Ibrox in 5mns in the car. However, I will not go until Ally walks.

Firstly I was a kid so whatever adult was taking me paid. Then when I was an adult I picked and chose which games to go to on top of my ST as I simply couldn't justify the expense for some. For a spell I also went with someone who drove so that took a sizeable chunk out of the spend for a day at a game.

Thanks for that.

I appreciate we have to pick & choose sometimes (money, time, other commitments) & sorry if that came over as totally aimed at you, but I can picture many others who didn't go today citing similar reasons.

However, as Rangers supporters, cup runs have tended to come with the territory & be factored in with what we think we're going to spend over the season.

I find it hard to take in that the 19,000 no-shows from our recent usual gate were down to cost, when we were in with the chance of a very do-able top flight scalp - was certainly one I picked & chose to go to.

the problem is that the entertainment on the park is driving away the kids which in turn drives away the adults

imagine trying to coax your 10yo and 8yo boy to ibrox in baltic weather like this and with the shite thats served up on the park, the dad probably is chocking to go, but if his weans dont and he canny get them watched for whatever reason then thats 3 seats empty

could it be argued that there is around 2000 guys/mothers in a situation like this, when i had my ST all around me in the Govan rear was family type pairings and groups, i always remember a mother, father and his 3 young boys being there, imagine trying to get a set up like this nowadays, not a chance given what we are witnessing on the park

I missed today cause of work but I'm going v Beath and it better be a similar performance to today.

I had an old Septic fan come in and he said we played well today, I said that makes a fucking change.

This is the way we went under JG and I fucking hope it gets better cause of it doesn't things will get worse.

Or it could stay the same?

:lol:

the problem is that the entertainment on the park is driving away the kids which in turn drives away the adults

imagine trying to coax your 10yo and 8yo boy to ibrox in baltic weather like this and with the shite thats served up on the park, the dad probably is chocking to go, but if his weans dont and he canny get them watched for whatever reason then thats 3 seats empty

could it be argued that there is around 2000 guys/mothers in a situation like this, when i had my ST all around me in the Govan rear was family type pairings and groups, i always remember a mother, father and his 3 young boys being there, imagine trying to get a set up like this nowadays, not a chance given what we are witnessing on the park

There's a guy and his son near us that have season tickets and have been at one game all season. The dad says he asks the boy on the day, "do you want to go to the game" and it's been a no all but once.

There's a guy and his son near us that have season tickets and have been at one game all season. The dad says he asks the boy on the day, "do you want to go to the game" and it's been a no all but once.

So now kids are dictating to parents if they go or not? Aye right, mine would be dragged to the game & if he didn't go, it'd be his last. My boys 10 & he loves going, whether we're playing shit or not. (Although a good result like today, does help)

Think a lot of people in here are forgetting, being a Rangers fan should mean you support the team through thick & thin.

Anyone who's bought a ST during these years in the lower divisons can say that. Even those who now boycott.

I live right next to Silverburn. I can get to Ibrox in 5mns in the car. However, I will not go until Ally walks.

Fair enough, mate. That's your view and opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm not one for telling other folk how to spend their own money.

But in my opinion, it's a poor fucking show to boycott your own team's home games for reasons other than financial or personal commitments (such as work).

We support through the good times and the bad times. Actually support. Not just claim to.