Does anyone still defend McCoist after tonight?

The Beast

I would truly love to know what Walter is thinking tonight?........

Walter is in so deep with the "Rangers-men" "old-pals" philosophy that he'll see this as a minor setback for his friend.

We need to rid the football side of the club from the old boys old pals brown brogue school of thought. We need a complete new broom from top to bottom at Murray Park. A complete clear out.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely nobody could seriously defend him, his team selections or his tactics after tonight.

How he can justify McCulloch and Mohsni pairing in the centre of defence is the finish for me.

McGregor is the best centre half we have had since we were thrown into SD3 and he punts him to right back so both of his pals can get a game which is an absolute shambles IMO.

Walter is in so deep with the "Rangers-men" "old-pals" philosophy that he'll see this as a minor setback for his friend.

We need to rid the football side of the club from the old boys old pals brown brogue school of thought. We need a complete new broom from top to bottom at Murray Park. A complete clear out.

Been making this point for 3 years now.

These Arsehole Fangroups chased Bill Miller and NG away.

This is the reason why.

Internal politics is destroying our Club.

He needs sacked.

In no way am I defending Ally here, however, at 2-0 we were cruising, and the way in which we capitulated was primarily down to the players on the park IMO. The players are a disgrace. That was pretty much the same team that cantered to victory over Killie at the weekend, yet time after time, after a glimmer of light such as the Killie performance, we embarrass ourselves to lower league opposition. That was unforgivable. For seasoned pros to fail to carry out the very basic tasks is unacceptable. To squander a 2 goal lead to Alloa has to be one of our biggest lows in our illustrious history.

My opinion, generally, has always been that managers, in the main are not that important. When teams win they get undeserved praise, but at the same time when they lose they get over the top criticism. The players IMO will always be the main reason why we win or lose a game. Of course, bad signings, bad lineups, bad substitutions, playing players out of position etc certainly don't help but some of the players' performances over the last few years have been inexcusable, and when on the park they have continuously let us down. That said, Ally has proven on many occasions that he struggles to spot a good player in the market, he defies belief in some of his starting lineups, his continuous insistence on playing players out of position and his more often than not defensive/and or bizarre substitutions just defy logic. Most of us don't claim to be great managers but as they say you don't put square pegs into round holes. The very basics of football management, to me, seem so straightforward. However, his delusion, denial and deflection has gone too far IMO. Then you have his ridiculous wages amongst other things.....

Ally, is quite rightly a footballing legend with us and I will never let any of what has gone on cloud that for me. I will also never revert to calling him unnecessary or derogatory names. I can understand why some fans do and will, as the anger and frustration has being going through the roof for a long time now, however, it's something that doesn't sit easily with me. I'm at the stage though were it's difficult to defend Ally.

One of the things that anger and disappoint me the most are his after match comments, and interviews in the build up. There are just so many pathetic excuses like international duty, the wind, the referee, Charles Green etc, and I also think that some of his comments don't coincide with our traditions. By that I mean he says things such as "it'll be a tough game", "we played well", and after losses, embarrassing ones at that, he looks clueless on the touchline and tonight proceeds to say he didn't say much after the game? WHAT?!?! Balls should have been booted up and down the dressing room, and necks should have been broken! If anyone knows the standard of our great football club then it should be Ally. To accept below standard mediocrity at our club is not on, and I suppose, to an extent if that's how the manager speaks openly to the press, it may rub off on the players. We as a club should never accept second best. It seems as if Ally no longer abides by our standards.

In summary, despite a huge proportion of the blame being laid at the feet of those mercenary footballers who have the cheek, and unbelievable fortune, to wear our famous jersey, Ally has no option but to leave. Sadly I don't think he will, which again, goes against the traditions of our club IMO. Surely, he, if anyone would know he's not helping the situation and as such surely the right thing to do would be to resign without any form of severance pay, knowing the clubs perilous financial position. Again, this is unlikely to happen. Therefore, the only way to get the message through, as touched upon on another thread is to make our voices heard at Ibrox. It may not work, but we have to do something. It's already close to being too late...........

I think Inigo's last post was after we scored our second congratulating McCoist's HT team talk.

:lol:

Yeah, I didn't think anyone had bitten with that. Clearly I had to wait until today for the forum 'grass' to appear! :lol: How fuckin childish is that! Nice one, mate!

Anyway, I know you and the bandwagon jumping The Godfather seem to want to find a new BP9 to bash, but in the interests of accuracy, I've said for some time now that McCoist needs to go. But then, you guys read what you want to read. What I had intended to post, having already been critical earlier in the thread (I'm betting you don't remember that post as perfectly, though) I couldn't, despite trying about three times. So scuttle off and find your scapegoat elsewhere.

I don't know why I'm bothering to explain myself to you, right enough.

I'm sure the self professed 'uber fan' cheered the team on until the final whistle.

Don't you forget it. :rangers:

And neither will I forget the type of 'fan' that you are. Certain deleted posts of yours about fellow Bears. I'm sure you know what I mean. (tu)

It's impossible to defend McCoist - AND HIS SO-CALLED COACHING TEAM - now! We are the big joke of Scottish football right now, and McCoist is responsible. Poor management; poor leadership; poor coaching; poor players; poor attitude = defeat my a reserve Alloa team!

Regrettably, there's more horror to come!

I see a bloke last night at the end of the game (in his 20s and appeared to be with the woman who always has kermet the frog with her) foaming at the mouth and shouting dogs abuse at everyone who was telling Ally to fuck off. He seemed to think Ally was doing a great job and the fault was soley on the players as they had put us 2-0 up. Fucking deluded but no doubt he's not alone in them thoughts and that is part of the problem.

My apologies for not coming on last night but as I was in the pub getting pished I has other things to do. It's a cup - get over it - Ally deserves till the end of the season as promotion is the main goal - yes it's a bit dour now but a season is a marathon.

Awaits - troll - taig - and other such bulling accusations from those who only want their own opinions heard

There can be no ambiguity from the Rangers Board of Directors.

No 'if', 'and', 'but' or 'maybe'.

McCoist is the worst Rangers manager in my lifetime.....and possibly in our Club's long history.

They have to act and act now.

He must be sacked....the money-grabbing bastard is determined he "won't walk away!"

No shame, no dignity, his 'legend' status is on the floor.

He has to go.

:lol:

Yeah, I didn't think anyone had bitten with that. Clearly I had to wait until today for the forum 'grass' to appear! :lol: How fuckin childish is that! Nice one, mate!

Anyway, I know you and the bandwagon jumping The Godfather seem to want to find a new BP9 to bash, but in the interests of accuracy, I've said for some time now that McCoist needs to go. But then, you guys read what you want to read. What I had intended to post, having already been critical earlier in the thread (I'm betting you don't remember that post as perfectly, though) I couldn't, despite trying about three times. So scuttle off and find your scapegoat elsewhere.

I don't know why I'm bothering to explain myself to you, right enough.

Don't you forget it. :rangers:

And neither will I forget the type of 'fan' that you are. Certain deleted posts of yours about fellow Bears. I'm sure you know what I mean. (tu)

A new BP9 to bash ??? What's wrong with the old one ? - oh wait 'TheGodfather' has him on block!!!

Anyway - in still here! ... And still defending Ally and supporting the team!

My apologies for not coming on last night but as I was in the pub getting pished I has other things to do. It's a cup - get over it - Ally deserves till the end of the season as promotion is the main goal - yes it's a bit dour now but a season is a marathon.

Awaits - troll - taig - and other such bulling accusations from those who only want their own opinions heard

Gon yersel, mate. :thumbup:

Console yourself that many seem to think that your opinion is important enough that they just have to attack it.

You're like the last surviving Highlander. There can be only one.

Be careful though, squire. For RM, even one is too many.

That was a new low last night. Alloa were piss poor, which shows how bad we were. McCoist must be shown the door this morning.

I watched this with the 'teuchter' commentary muted and as a football spectacle it was abysmal.... especially that first half....but in truth I thought Alloa moved the ball around far better than we did. In fact, a neutral looking at that game last night would struggle to discern which team were the part-timers.........you know, the one's who had just "done a shift" (copyright their manager after the game).

McCoist has turned us into a Music Hall joke and the Tarriers will be licking their lips hoping he's still in charge come that cup game.

A new BP9 to bash ??? What's wrong with the old one ? - oh wait 'TheGodfather' has him on block!!!

Anyway - in still here! ... And still defending Ally and supporting the team!

Nothing, mate. Nothing.

You're gonna have a tough day today.

Godspeed.