Board Plot to Sack Ally Cost 1.5million

derekweir29

Would they all not have to agree on that though mate? Not sure if the management team would accept that deal.

It does seem to be the best scenario,other than them deciding to go without a payoff ( no laughing at the back)

I do not know G, I just assumed if it was a year's notice of termination and was told that he (they) would be paid for that year then that would be that.

Probably applying common sense to something does not work with employment law. :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a year's notice, so as long as he gets paid for a year he would have no option but to accept it. I must admit I have no idea of employment law. :ohmy:

It they give him a years notice but he gets to continue to be manager, that would be fine. If they give him a years notice and tell him to dig the garden, that's constructive dismissal and that would mean he would be entitled to his severance upfront.

Do we really want a manager who has been told to pack his bags leading us for a year?

If the Board want him to leave, then they should talk to him about how to negotiate him out of his contract, and payment terms (if any) that would apply - NOT releasing stories to the DR.

What part of that article has been "released?" It's pure speculation. No quotes, just speculation.

It feels like theres defintely something bigger happening here because Allys had shite results and performance throughout his time here but nothing like this has ever come out in the media before. I think they are trying to get him to walk for nothing.

Is one way of this happening maybe going to be the majority of fans inside Ibrox shoutint "Ally get tae fuck" or whatever, Ally then realises he has lost the support of the fans (as he's deluded enough to still think he has it now) and realise that one way to limit the damage would be to walk away without compensation?

Unless there are literally thousands outside Ibrox before or after tomorrow's game then that type of protest will not work. What may have a better impact is a protest during the game or about half time. He has to hear it and see it for himself.

The club does not have sufficient funds to pay off Ally and his accomplices.

I honestly don't think he can go on for long with this kind of pressure. Must be just a case of hammering out the deal to get him out the door, and the new guy in. Although it is terrible right now, there is every chance we will have a new management team in place very soon - that will give the place a much needed lift, and with the possibility of a few loan signings from Newcastle, or maybe even some Mike Ashley cash to invest in the squad, we will be back in business, back in the SPL and back at the top before too long.

I know I'll get pelters for being positive, but I don't really give a fuck, as this is what I think will happen.

They should be able to put him on gardening leave, much like the Levin and Mowbray examples. Running a risk of constructive dismissal, but if they handle it right, it should be okay.

Butcher is currently tendering his cabbage patch in deepest Suffolk after being put on gardening leave by Hibs.

Of course we could just sack the gang of three with only a month's termination money and tell them to sue for the rest.

Unless there are literally thousands outside Ibrox before or after tomorrow's game then that type of protest will not work. What may have a better impact is a protest during the game or about half time. He has to hear it and see it for himself.

A draw or loss tomorrow and their could be thousanfs staying back after the game.

How many posters does Rangers Media have? Im sure a protest of around 500 will be fairly substantial and other fans might join in as well.

Do you know that the board have not spoken to Ally about it?

I have nothing that suggests they have, but it should be their ONLY communication to him on this issue. This is what people have been complaining about in the boardroom section for so long this year, press briefings, sneaky tactics, smears and manipulation. I think it stinks in that battle and I think it stinks here.

What if the board probably (most likely) want him out, but need him to walk.

They are probably praying for a massive protest before/during/after the match where thousands of fans will let McCoist know (with a few choice phrases) that his time is up. They obviously can't broadcast their support for this, but secretly, I bet they are willing it to happen.

It's up to us, the fans, to save Rangers from this man and our time is Saturday - it MUST happen then otherwise we have missed the wave...