Really looking forward to our 1st game under McDowall

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue for me with Ally's team selection has been the inability to play with pace. A midfiled that is too lightwieght And players that are too lazy/cannot be bothered to move into space after they make a pass. When we move forward how often do we see 4-5 players arriving in the penalty area? Usually it is only one other player being marked out by 4-5 defenders. No one attacking the ball when it is played in.

The first thing McDowell should do is initiate full days training. 1/2 day for physical work outs the other half for tactics team talks, meetings.

Wish him the best and hope for the best but suspect it will be very similar to what we have seen before. The young players loaned out I don't think come back until Jan so we won't see them at best until then. We might get a couple of loans from Newcastle at best on top of this .

When he first came to us from them, although at under 21 level I thought it was a great bit of business. He did really well with them and made them play attractive football. No it's his time to make his impression on the team or just keep it the same crap on the park.

Here's hoping for a wee lift and most of all team performance.

Hoofball...

Jig in defence..

Foster at RB..

Black and Law in middle..

Stevie Smith at left mid..

Anyone who thinks KM will wield an axe to the team is deluded..

Got to give the guy a chance to make changes and see what he can do. If he plays the same style as Ally and uses the same undroppables every week he's fucked anyway, so he might change it up. I'm cautiously optimistic and it fills me with a bit more hope than if Ally was in charge.

Hope the players don't go on the huff and respond to Kenny as the new gaffer. The only fear is that we have missed the trick on bringing in a new manager to inject a fresh impetus into the team. I hope Kenny get the reaction we are all looking for. We need to go on a run of winning games to pull away from Hibs and at least have a crack at the playoff spot outright.

Looking forward to it, but I don't expect much of a change to be honest. Hope I'm wrong.

you wont be wrong mate. if he changes the team it wont look good for ally, and for me McDowall wont have the balls to go against ally.the team will be the same.the players are fucking toothless and did not help mcCoist one little bit, if they win you will get the same old crap, that win was for ally.....something they should have been doing from the start.just cant look at most of the so called players anymore. time f or them to fucking move on, along with somers and easdales. Let ashley and Llambias get shot of the leeches and we can start to move forward.

I think it'll be a continuation of what we have seen so far tbh.

Sadly that is what he will inherit. With McLeod out injured he cannot move him in to the centre at the expense of Black or Law. Templeton i believe wants away and despite Aird's man of the match performance against the lowly Livingston he is not the answer. He can't recall the youngsters either until January so it will be more of the same. Only difference may well be their attitude and some slight tactical tweaks.

My worry with McDowall is not him but the players. Will they give a damn even if he does read the riot act before during or after this game?

I expect a slow start. It's the worst time of year to be taking the reins with training schedules disruptued over festive period. It'll take him a few weeks to make the job his. I'll be looking for early signs against hibs in terms of team selection and formation. In the coming weeks i'll be expecting a higher tempo for 90 mins, better off the ball movement and better set pieces and corners. KMD might surprise us. I hope so. I just have a niggling doubt that McCoist's influence will remain to hamper progress.