Macleod officially signs for brentford

GOAT

I wish him all the success in the world - but I can't help thinking that he has chosen the wrong club.

Even if they are promoted (which I doubt), I believe they will go straight down again. Had he held on until the end of the season his choices would have been significantly better.

Best wishes Lewis - I hope it all goes well for you.

---

Better to shine for Brentford, even in the championship next season, and earn a bigger move than do a Danny Wilson and stagnate for 3 years.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to him but i feel he may become another Ness or Wilson.

Ness and wilson went to premiership clubs. MacLeods away to a championship team not long promoted from league 1. I hobestly think he'll make it big down south.

My prediction is that he'll tare up the championship which will alert a premier league club.

I wish him all the success in the world - but I can't help thinking that he has chosen the wrong club.

Even if they are promoted (which I doubt), I believe they will go straight down again. Had he held on until the end of the season his choices would have been significantly better.

he was forced to go no choice which club, the dirty bastard board make sure of that. Shower of fukking shite.

He's probably been our best player along with Wallace but I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Our financial situation is to blame for this more than Macleod being too good.

---

What I meant stb is we won't be able to hold on to his type of talent right now, and for the foreseeable future. Of course if our financial situation was better we could raise the price but it's inevitable players like him will leave, in future it would be nice on our terms though.

I honestly think he is one of the best young British talents around. Plenty will say I'm wrong, or deluded, but it's my opinion.

He has everything. Pace, strength, awareness, intelligence. He can create goals and score them.

What's he got like 20 for us? He's increased his goals tally each season and he scores worldies. A large percentage of his goals were jaw dropping, still remember his first when he one touch Cruyff turned the defender on the edge of the box. Took my breath away.

He's been our standout player since he came in, this despite having 3 serious long term injuries.

Ness and wilson went to premiership clubs. MacLeods away to a championship team not long promoted from league 1. I hobestly think he'll make it big down south.

My prediction is that he'll tare up the championship which will alert a premier league club.

McCabe went to a Championship club, how's that worked out for him?

Absolutely gutted, it's been a bitter/sweet kinda day.

Must wish Lewis & his new Club all the best though, hope he helps get them to the EPL first attempt, as that is his level.

Can't help but question, if it was really necessary though, just release the fucking Rangers Retail dividend already!

He's probably been our best player along with Wallace but I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Our financial situation is to blame for this more than Macleod being too good.

---

What I meant stb is we won't be able to hold on to his type of talent right now, and for the foreseeable future. Of course if our financial situation was better we could raise the price but it's inevitable players like him will leave, in future it would be nice on our terms though.

I honestly think he is one of the best young British talents around. Plenty will say I'm wrong, or deluded, but it's my opinion.

He has everything. Pace, strength, awareness, intelligence. He can create goals and score them.

What's he got like 20 for us? He's increased his goals tally each season and he scores worldies. A large percentage of his goals were jaw dropping, still remember his first when he one touch Cruyff turned the defender on the edge of the box. Took my breath away.

He's been our standout player since he came in, this despite having 3 serious long term injuries.

I just don't think we'd quite reached that stage with Macleod yet, he hasn't even had a season in Scotland's top flight. The rumoured interest from the likes of Everton and Newcastle obviously never came to anything, and Brentford have got themselves a pretty cheap deal because of the state we're in, if we'd been a position where we could have held out for more money who knows if they'd have been willing to pay it?

I know you rate him very highly and you could be right, I'm naturally sceptical because we've seen the same happen so many times before with young Scottish players and nine times out of ten they end up back here playing for someone like Aberdeen, stuck at an obscure English team or even at some virtually unknown league abroad. I'm not resentful towards him and I hope Lewis does go on and have a brilliant career but I don't believe we've lost him because he'd become too good for us to keep yet, simply we're fucked financially and that's been taken advantage of.

---

Better to shine for Brentford, even in the championship next season, and earn a bigger move than do a Danny Wilson and stagnate for 3 years.

------------------------------

Spot on with this, Al.

Best of luck Lewis - you've been the best part of the last 2 & a half years.

In past years I'd be fuming that a young player that I rated very highly had flown the coop without us seeing the best of him. But the state of our football and coaching these days means I'm wondering if we have begun to hold him back. I think he must move to improve.