Football Superstitions

GOAT

I don't really believe in superstitions but I always give the good ship Ibrox a wee tap as i leave, have done since my first game back in the early eighties. Don't even know why I do it!

I always tap the exit in the stands with my right hand, tap the roof coming down the stairs with both hands, then kiss my hand and tap the exit as I leave the Copland Rear. :lol:

I don't really believe in superstitions but I always give the good ship Ibrox a wee tap as i leave, have done since my first game back in the early eighties. Don't even know why I do it!

Many people do that and I have heard a few people say its to show an intention and loyalty to return again

I have always tapped the exit sign when leaving Ibrox.

Aye and no the fukking thing is hanging off - vandal :D

I used to have a wee superstition that involved alcohol and beating up tarriers before a game. It didn't always have a positive impact on the result but it sure as hell made me feel better. I long for the old days.

In all seriousness though I always remember my old man lifting me up and telling me to kiss my right hand and slap the exit sign in the back of the copland road rear stand (first half season ticket stuck in a stocking) he says it was to show you were a true supporter. And I still do it to this day. I also kiss the memorial for my mum every time I am at ibrox in rememberence of her cousin who died that day. ...

Nope he was allowed to grow a beard because he had facial stitches. He was permitted to keep the beard due to superstition you mention - it worked :D

cheers , knew there was some sort of story regarding greigs beard. Was baxter not also the first player to get away with only having one side of his shirt tucked in and the other side hanging over the shorts. Although not sure if this was done for superstitous reasons or for style etc.