Ross Perry

OlegKuznetsov

Used to watch the reserve games and was never overly impressed by him and when he went out on loan spells never seemed to do much especially in his spell at Falkirk where he could only be described as atrocious.

Was very surprised when he got into our first team and even more surprised that some rated him.

I remember Ian McCall saying in his column in The Star that he couldn't believe Perry was playing in our first team because he wasn't even good enough to get into the Falkirk team when he was on loan there.

I remember Ian McCall saying in his column in The Star that he couldn't believe Perry was playing in our first team because he wasn't even good enough to get into the Falkirk team when he was on loan there.

Always remember at the start of the journey Perry, Lewis, Crawford, Naismith and McKay were touted as our long term future.

Really it was only Lewis who came good, too good it seems now that he has gone.

Aird is still in and out the side but Ive not seen anything from him that tells me he has a future here.

Naismith failed to impress almost every time he was called upon while McKay who does have talent is too inconsistent and going by many seems to lack the effort and desire to better himself.

I dont know about Crawford, he was said to be one of our best prospects a few years back but he never stood out any time I saw him play for us.

Bring me tall athletic boys and i will turn them in to footballers.

Ross Perry being the perfect example of power before skill.

Horrendously bad footballer and no surprise to see him bombed out by Raith.

Thats the problem with a lot of the young players we have been bringing through under Sinclair, McLeod has been pretty much the exception rather than the rule (a good athlete and footballer) but if we look at the other one that has come through and became a first team regular in Fraser Aird you can't argue that he's not an athlete but I would argue he's a very poor footballer.

We need a philosophy with our youth setup to firstly bring in kids that have the required technical ability then worry about making them athletes rather than the other way around which is our backward mentality. I think if you look at Charlie Adam when we brought him through a very good footballer but a poor athlete, with proper coaching under PLG became a much better athlete but under poor coaching under Walter and Ally he reverted to a poor athlete again.

Thats the problem with a lot of the young players we have been bringing through under Sinclair, McLeod has been pretty much the exception rather than the rule (a good athlete and footballer) but if we look at the other one that has come through and became a first team regular in Fraser Aird you can't argue that he's not an athlete but I would argue he's a very poor footballer.

We need a philosophy with our youth setup to firstly bring in kids that have the required technical ability then worry about making them athletes rather than the other way around which is our backward mentality. I think if you look at Charlie Adam when we brought him through a very good footballer but a poor athlete, with proper coaching under PLG became a much better athlete but under poor coaching under Walter and Ally he reverted to a poor athlete again.

Did Walter bring back the Monster Munch to Auchenhowie?

One of the Rangers training staff who is my friend, no names, told me he was rotten and only made it to the first team due to others carrying him. I told him that he failed us as fans turning out that rubbish, the boy believed his own press, I believed him to be crap.

This. I thought he looked dependable enough in the top league but since then he's looked awful. Feel sorry for him.

He's a big strong, powerful boy, but he's got the heart of a mouse. When the going got tuff , he didn't want to know. He should have been able to dominate people with his size, and strength, never mind any ability that he may have had.