Mccoists Legacy From Being Our Manager

Most knew it wasn't going to be an easy ride through the leagues and that we couldn't just have a team of boys playing but to not have the core of a team that's capable of challenging for the championship, let alone in the Premiership is a total disgrace. That's McCoist's legacy let alone how much money has been pished against a wall doing it.

However, anyone with a bit of savvy and bringing in a few decent, hungry players could challenge in the premiership, half of the teams in that league are shite as well.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team we seen on the park today is a direct result of his decisions as manager and it's a situation and scenario that many people predicted we would end up in when we were giving average players the contracts of their lives to come to the club when it was in the lower tiers of Scottish football.

The club has been a shambles for years and McCoist has more than played his part in it.

The board are 100% responsible.

1. They have the money to bring in a new manager right now if they want.

2. The scouting system should have been addressed 2 and a half years ago by different CEO's etc.

3. Selling your best young player at a key point in the season showed all the ambition the Rangers board have.

4. Turning down millions in funding from anyone but Ashley that would have allowed better players to be signed.

The Board gave McCoist plenty money over the seasons he wasted it all. Your blame the board for everything theory is badly flawed.

The board are 100% responsible.

1. They have the money to bring in a new manager right now if they want.

2. The scouting system should have been addressed 2 and a half years ago by different CEO's etc.

3. Selling your best young player at a key point in the season showed all the ambition the Rangers board have.

4. Turning down millions in funding from anyone but Ashley that would have allowed better players to be signed.

Frankly I'd be scared to give any of our coaching staff the last four years a penny to spend.

McCoist is no longer a Rangers legend to me. Totally incompetent and the worst manager in Rangers history. Showed an inability or unwillingness to coach and develop players, especially youth. From the outset he simply wanted to win but outspending everyone else arround him. As soon as we come up against an okay Hearts side his team crumbles in the same way it did during 10 cup embarrassments under his tenure. Even now, Ally seems more interested in money than freeing up that wage so the club can go and find someone else to come in and start the process of clearing up his cluster fuck. McCoist has set us back years, and years, and years. I will never forgive him for the absolute cunt he's made of this club.

this. I officially hate him. He is a parasite to me.

People blame Ally for the finances so it's fair enough to blame the board for the football.

You are another McCoist bumboy . Everything about the playing and coaching of this squad is McCoists doing , no one else , he brought them all to the club and he will always be remembered that way .

We all know how bad this board and others before them are but the state of this squad lies at his door.

To all those who have been bleating "a win's a win" for the last three years when we should have been working on a total rebuild, this is what it leads to. Scaling home against the Elgins of this world was never going to get us back to where we want to be and ex-legend McCoist is primarily to blame.

The "a win's a win" theory should still have seen us get back to the top league. The major flaw this season is we couldn't even manage that with what we've had served up on the park.

The chance of us not getting back up this season makes me shudder.

When you look at some of the players who actually came and went and were often paid decent wages, I think it begins to give an even truer perspective of our scouting and coaching abilities over the past three years.

Cribari, Peralta and Malky Mackay were experienced internationalists. Sandaza, Kyle etc were credible players in better leagues. They should at least have been able to put in professional performances on the park.

These are the ones who really makes you wonder what Rangers management's ability and vision was over the last three years.

We are not only the poorest footballing Rangers team in history, but we are also the unfittest too.

Right from the word go, the tarriers were in about us running at pace. We lacked energy as well as skill. Some of our players lokked like they hadn't a clue what to do with the ball. No vision, and no end product when passes were on. So, yep, add lack of coaching to his legacy.

At least they had a good time at training while they became the poorest squad we've ever had.

When you look at some of the players who actually came and went and were often paid decent wages, I think it begins to give an even truer perspective of our scouting and coaching abilities over the past three years.

Cribari, Peralta and Malky Mackay were experienced internationalists. Sandaza, Kyle etc were credible players in better leagues. They should at least have been able to put in professional performances on the park.

These are the ones who really makes you wonder what Rangers management's ability and vision was over the last three years.

Malky Mackay?? :pipe:

We are not only the poorest footballing Rangers team in history, but we are also the unfittest too.

Right from the word go, the tarriers were in about us running at pace.

hard to run at pace when you need to lift your zimmer frame

unsurprising that the teams that run over the top of us are all young pups, our old duffers need directions to the pitch

It's naïve in the extreme to think the board have nothing to do with this as they just sold our best young player for a fraction of his true value and now have the funds to act but won't.

wearing thin now. U accuse the board of wasting 80m. How much did mccoist waste?? I challenge u.

Plenty of guys out of work right now who would jump at the Rangers job one of them sitting in a TV studio today.

Keeping KM in this job when he's already quit is crazy, Rangers are probably the only team in the UK right now who are in such a ridiculous position.

do u remember the fans reaction when charles green wanted to sack mccostalot??? The less discerning backed mccoist.

The board aren't responsible for the disgraceful mess that our footballing department has become, we've spent millions on wages these last three years, continued to have a top class training ground and gotten what out of it all?

Talking about our inept football management is not defending the boardroom, they're to blame for our finances but lets not use them to shield McCoist and his lackeys.

The board are 100% responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure of the Club, to suggest otherwise is mental. Look at any successful sports team and there will be a good people in every position, top to bottom, sadly we are a sorry state in that regard the now.

One thing though the mast majority of the attenders today were only there to see one team..

Rangers F.C (tu)

Also the legacy of Green, Mather and Wallace. The 3 diddies that allowed a diddy manager to go in this direction.

All equally to blame in my book.

Both groups use each other to hide behind. Its been the perfect storm. A manager who doesn't have a clue with clone support staff. A board that don't have a clue how to run a football club, and don't seem to mind how bad the football is or how disenchanted the support is.

Almost £40m spent on the football side of things in 3 years and not one single player we could comfortably take into the Premiership for a title challenge.

A squad needing rebuilt year after year and filled with hasbeens, duds and mercenaries.

No scouting network, no coaches, no development, no vision, no plan, nothing.

Having every team in Scotland fancy their chances against us.

Having the whole country laughing at us.

Having karaokes after cup final defeats.

Changing annual targets and expectations with each cup exit.

Prolonging Walters jobs for the boys mentality.

Rejecting the likes of Scott Allan to persist with Ian Black and Nicky Law.

Forcing exciting prospects out of position and out the door to accommodate mediocre experienced imposters.

Bringing back Ricky Foster.

Not winning the Scottish 2nd Division.

That is Allys Legacy.

Tbf, it goes on and on like Ariston........his tenure from start to finish and beyond has been a complete failure in every aspect possible. From Sportfruende Lotte to Celtic today. We will feel the effects of his management for some time to come.

A disastrous era for the club.

Fuck me head in the sand or what. Law was the only one chasing down the ball. Looked as though he should have been the lone striker and not Miller.

I have to disagree with you, the only thing Law done all game for me was contribute to making an arse of their 2nd goal!!