Vuckic & Streete

TheQueensEleven

Vuckic looked promising and is probably the pick of the bunch,, how much service he will get with our lot tho will be the deciding factor,, also looking forward to seeing how the NI lad ferguson does,, but I'm not getting too carried away,, remember how promising Law looked when he arrived before our coaching/management staff sorted that out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nicky Clark played infront of Vuckic, I think we'd get the best out both players. Clark getting in behind defenders with Vuckic supplying him and having the odd shot at goal.

I also liked the look of Streete, strong, pacy, no bullshit defender. Hope the rest of the lads show the same promise.

Plenty of threads about the dead wood in our team that have been a sorry excuse for a long while now!

What did everyone think of the new guys' performance today? Looking forward to seeing more of them?

I think Vuckic looks like a promising player who's constantly trying to get the ball forward (as oppose to our usual, get it up the park then pass it back to our defenders). Well taken goal as well.

Streete looks like a solid defender with the pace to match. Brilliant slide tackle from him during the game. Would like to see a CB pairing of him and McGregor.

Still early doors obviously, but I'm quite optimistic about them and the others.

The way he moved etc.reminded me of Jelavic (maybe just wishful thinking)

Aye?

The bottom line is the Newcastle lads have something to play for, either shop window or a place at Newcastle. Six of our starting 11, plus our sub of Boyd are out of contract in the summer and have chucked it.

For that very reason, we should be playing youths who want to make a mark and stake a position in the team.

Vuckic looks like he was born to play in this current Rangers team since he bottled it by ducking out the way at the first goal he should have faced up to the ball like a man not duck out the way in case it hurt. Granted he did try to make amends and got a goal but needs to man up.

Streete looked decent from the little we seen of him. If he's fit for the next game then we'll see what he's made of.

Vuckic took his goal well and had a couple of flashes, may get better with match fitness but to be honest I seen nothing in him that made me think we'd be worse off playing someone like Gallagher or having Barrie McKay back. At least they are our players and we'd get a longer term benefit from playing them.

Streete looked decent from the little we seen of him. If he's fit for the next game then we'll see what he's made of.

Vuckic took his goal well and had a couple of flashes, may get better with match fitness but to be honest I seen nothing in him that made me think we'd be worse off playing someone like Gallagher or having Barrie McKay back. At least they are our players and we'd get a longer term benefit from playing them.

You mean anyone with pace would lift the team?