We Are Getting Reported For Sectarian Songs

minstral

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody said anything about giving in. They'll never stop chipping away at us and a certain section of our support is assisting them royally (npi).

and that's exactly why we need to start fighting back. If we keep giving in with the little chips we will lose

It is actually a shame you get the feeling on here that some of our fans would be quick enough to pony up to the nearest steward if they heard a "banned" song.

The modern day fan eh. Just stick in your own instead of looking out for one and other. The SFA banned song list is just that, a list. Not taken seriously by the wee team from the East so why should we be in the firing line?

They don't exist outside the internet.

so you re now going full spiers and telling me what I mean when I say something

how very bizarre

I have never used the word fenian to refer to a roman catholic, never

I use the word fenian regularly but unlike you I use it to refer to fenians who can be of all religions (if they are crazy enough to believe in such bullshit) colours and creeds

and I really despise illiberal, leftist, oiks who try to tell me how I think and what I mean when I speak

Who gives a fuck who you despise? You can be the world's biggest racist and bigot for all I care; you can vote UKIP/BNP, hate everybody who's not in your tribe, you can take your prejudices to the grave; so what? It's how you behave when supporting Rangers that matters.

and that's exactly why we need to start fighting back. If we keep giving in with the little chips we will lose

I agree but you wont be fighting back by continuing singing song lines that are perceived as sectarian. Ask yourself this...do you think Tims would like us to 'clean up our act'? No fucking way.

Who gives a fuck who you despise? You can be the world's biggest racist and bigot for all I care; you can vote UKIP/BNP, hate everybody who's not in your tribe, you can take your prejudices to the grave; so what? It's how you behave when supporting Rangers that matters.

you are the one telling everybody that you know what mean when people say things

I never mentioned rangers I only spoke about the word fenian and its meaning

anyway nice to see you moving on from telling us all what we men, when we speak, to displaying the same crass judgement in reference to political parties

what next will you educate us about I wonder

The club needs to get a decent lawyer involved if any probs.

As play back the game at Hampden out to sports channels thought the world bringing in lots of cash to the Spfl.

Or last night's game to be watched by us Rangers supporters.

What difference can you hear okay at Hampden ...(can't move the goal posts )

Your confusing the fans!!!!

the fenian movement contained members of both protestant and Catholic religions and people from Scotland,Ireland and Americans too,if anyone claims the song to be bigoted or anti-irish racism then they're showing their own bigotry by wanting it to be an exclusive Irish Catholic entity,or just come from a poor educational stock,no case to answer

In a case around the turn ifhe century the court of session deemed the word fenian non sectarian for this reason

Oh.and wasnt the original fenian,wolfe tone a prod,yip he was

For a jolly with Charles Green.

Considering the amount of unadulterated shite he came out with it's amazing anyone believes any of it was even remotely viable.

You mean the Dallas Cowboys link wasn't true ?.

Gutted, was looking forward to seeing their cheerleaders.

Fare point however we need someone to take on the fight ? Who , it won't be the club , only this week at work I was called a Hun , the daft manks don't care because the law doesn't recognise it as being a sectarian slur albeit nil my mouth do , but we need to get our own house in order first then take on the use of this slur by every opposite fan , the hibs fans were chanting it last week at ibrox , nothing said

Oh, yes they do.

Perhaps not consistently, but they do.