Sums Up This Disgusting Ally Reign

Murtaugh

Making McCoist the scape goat for all the ills that have befallen the Club over the past few seasons is just plain ludicrous.Fact is that no manager could have functioned normally in the utter madness that has surrounded the Club.Collectively we need to move on from this now - roll on the EGM.

The old excuse, Ally was hamstrung by the board, Couldn't function normally.

Most managers would have given their eye teeth to have been in his position, a board feart to fire him, while still allowing him to let the team play pish football, get knocked out of cups by lesser teams and still allowing him to bring in a bunch of duds on high wages

Allys only job was to manage and build a team and he made an arse of it, the boardroom shambles was not his concern

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old excuse, Ally was hamstrung by the board, Couldn't function normally.

Most managers would have given their eye teeth to have been in his position, a board feart to fire him, while still allowing him to let the team play pish football, get knocked out of cups by lesser teams and still allowing him to bring in a bunch of duds on high wages

Allys only job was to manage and build a team and he made an arse of it, the boardroom shambles was not his concern

Agreed. Another point that was raised earlier that I don't understand was the difficulty of attracting players to us while we were dumped into the bottom division. There is documented evidence of players saying they would have signed for far less money than what was offered to them. So this is again showing McCoist had excess funds available to him, and that players didn't need the money they eventually got to attract them to sign on.

I'm not down playing anyone's achievements, least of all Rangers record goal scorer.

No you're much better. You'd allow his poor managerial career to shit colour his great history.

These boards, that you defend consistently (all of them), gave this poor manager "exceptional" financial backing yet you blame the manager for pissing it away? Isn't that just obvious of your persistent, ignorant bitterness?

I, like you, have no idea of the situation or how it will be resolved. If you want a head start on condemning him before all the facts go ahead. Don't expect everyone to join in though.

Clearly one man is bigger than the club, because for some who think he had the ability to destroy us all by himself.

Are u saying he did not piss all these millions away??

Why are we not top of the league if he did not butn that cash on rubbish???

Boyd?

Black?

Foster?

Cmon then

Are u saying he did not piss all these millions away?? I'm saying he didn't sign the cheques, trying to solely blame the manager for our financial woes is ridiculous and surprising more levelheaded posters aren't pulling you up on that.

Why are we not top of the league if he did not butn that cash on rubbish??? This is an astonishingly ambiguous question. Do you seriously expect an answer?

Boyd? Lazy.

Black? Arsehole.

Foster? Shite.

Cmon then

Are u saying he did not piss all these millions away?? I'm saying he didn't sign the cheques, trying to solely blame the manager for our financial woes is ridiculous and surprising more levelheaded posters aren't pulling you up on that.

Why are we not top of the league if he did not butn that cash on rubbish??? This is an astonishingly ambiguous question. Do you seriously expect an answer?

Boyd? Lazy.

Black? Arsehole.

Foster? Shite.

Cmon then

Well according to kevin kyle ur hero was the.one doing the wage.negotiations if u can call them that. He would have had a wage budget from the board. It was up to him to spend that wisely. Did he do that????

The question is clear. As is ur inability to answer in a manner that doea not embarass u cause of your protection of mccoist.

Boyd? Lazy.

Black? Arsehole.

Foster? Shite.

Cmon then

Oh and who bought boyd, black and foster?????

Well according to kevin kyle ur hero was the.one doing the wage.negotiations if u can call them that. He would have had a wage budget from the board. It was up to him to spend that wisely. Did he do that????

The question is clear. As is ur inability to answer in a manner that doea not embarass u cause of your protection of mccoist.

You're basing your whole outlook on what KK said in an interview? Do you believe everything he said or just that part?

The board control finances, it's the same at every club. Deride Ally for his tactics, criticise him for his team selection. Blaming him for wasting money the board had control of is just a desperate attempt at tarring the man.

Oh and who bought boyd, black and foster?????

A combination of McLeish, Smith and McCoist have deemed them useful.

You're basing your whole outlook on what KK said in an interview? Do you believe everything he said or just that part?

The board control finances, it's the same at every club. Deride Ally for his tactics, criticise him for his team selection. Blaming him for wasting money the board had control of is just a desperate attempt at tarring the man.

That was then.

This is now.

Derek Parlane was a player in the 70's.

Probably not now (although he sat a row away from me at a game last season & looked as if he could still fit in a jersey!).

Point is, he didn't cast any significant net beyond what had played for us before, other than McGregor.

Clutching straws big style now.

Boyd was always dodgy. Many of us though he would cost us and we have been proven right. The fact.that mccoist saw him first time makes it worse for him to sign him.

Mccleish and smith did their bit when these players were younger and fitter. Are u saying it is acceptable for mccoist to sign players cause of what they did for previous managers??? Really

Who decides what players to buy and pay wages to if not the manager. Was food enough for struth.

Clutching straws big style now.

Boyd was always dodgy. Many of us though he would cost us and we have been proven right. The fact.that mccoist saw him first time makes it worse for him to sign him.

Mccleish and smith did their bit when these players were younger and fitter. Are u saying it is acceptable for mccoist to sign players cause of what they did for previous managers??? Really

Who decides what players to buy and pay wages to if not the manager. Was food enough for struth.

The funny thing is, only one of us is clutching at straws.

Your posts make no actual sense. Good enough for Struth?

That was then.

This is now.

Probably not now (although he sat a row away from me at a game last season & looked as if he could still fit in a jersey!).

Point is, he didn't cast any significant net beyond what had played for us before, other than McGregor.

Tbf HG5 we don't even have a net.

I'm not defending the signings in hindsight, neither am I claiming not to understand a logical reason behind them.

Tbf HG5 we don't even have a net.

I'm not defending the signings in hindsight, neither am I claiming not to understand a logical reason behind them.

Too true re the net!

You were suggesting that these guys were good enough for the previous managers, which was fair enough at the time.

But what was good for them has obviously aged out a bit & carries a certain risk.

Which may be ok, if you've got a training regime which can get them in top condition & form, but the evidence shows anything but.

Too true re the net!

You were suggesting that these guys were good enough for the previous managers, which was fair enough at the time.

But what was good for them has obviously aged out a bit & carries a certain risk.

Which may be ok, if you've got a training regime which can get them in top condition & form, but the evidence shows anything but.

It was a gamble either way. We went with the safer bet, IMO, it didn't work out in the long run. It's hardly a black or white issue with a wrong and right way. Everything is possible with hindsight.

Well bob swollenbaws reckons Kyle's interview is a good enough source to judge, he also said our training was 'intense'(or similar word).

Once again we have another thread showing total contempt to a Rangers Legend.

Now before some of you start reaching for the keyboard let me state categorically McCoist failed miserably as a Rangers Manager.

In fact, he was inept. But that's as far as it needs to go. To use the word disgusting at mccoist is out of order.

The OP is probably one of the first to rip into "the traitors" eg Naismith McGregor et al. Yet where is the loyalty nee respect for a guy who scored 355 goals - 27 against the rhats to boot. By all means criticise him, but for gods sake keep it real.

P.s. Is it just me or is the OP's name slightly Oirish? Just saying like.

Being a legend doesn't give you a free pass to be an absolute failure as a manager.

It was a gamble either way. We went with the safer bet, IMO, it didn't work out in the long run. It's hardly a black or white issue with a wrong and right way. Everything is possible with hindsight.

Well bob swollenbaws reckons Kyle's interview is a good enough source to judge, he also said our training was 'intense'(or similar word).

If it'd been Walter resigning these guys, one would have thought 'fair enough'.

Ally obviously thought he had what it took to make it work.

Thinking it and having it aren't quite the same thing.

That was then.

This is now.

Templeton

Black

Law

Zaliukas

Faure

Mohsni

Bell

Shiels

Sandaza

Kyle

Daly

The five loanees (according to DL at least)

Each and everyone a returning has been.

We've been in this position before with a club legend as a player being a terrible manager and this for me is what's defining Ally. Do I believe in the same circumstances that John Greig would have milked the club for every penny he could could get and then, knowing he'd been a failure as a manager, still sit for a year taking a ludicrous wage when he knew full well it was holding the club back and as a secondary consideration was forcing a good friend of his to do a job he had no interest or desire to be doing? I'm just guessing of course but no, I don't think he would. I think he would be a bigger man, I think he would have more integrity.

John Grieg, greatest ever Ranger and club legend.
Ally McCoist the player was a legend but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to seperate him from Ally the manager ..... or Ally the man.