So What Did The Boycott Achieve?

macranger

I have never advocated encouraging boycotts, however it has certainly highlighted some of the approach taken in the boardroom and flushed out the agenda of those in power. Ultimately if has allowed others to buy shares from companies who were desperate to get out, not just DK and T3B but also the increased shareholding from RF and the RST.

Your nose must grow with every post

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing.

I didn't support the boycotting but I supported the board even less.

IMO, the protests and demonstrations were far more effective in forcing change (for example the abandoned game against Hearts).

Hopefully now we can put it all behind us and get back to/continue to support the club.

We need to look forward now not back.

This type of thread only starts arguments between those with an entrenched position.

Well when the new Board only thanks the boycotters and no mention of the ST holder and other that kept the club going because we support or football team thick and thin good and bad times, I think we should have been thanked for our loyalty to the team and not the said board it would have went a long way.

To this day I still think Ally's "brand" of football and tactics drove more fans away than all the boycotts added together.

Certainly from the ST holders I've spoken to.

Looks like a sell out tomorrow after playing shit on Saturday the team will not change that much but the board has want to rethink

What has happened is it has set Ranger against Ranger.

Just as Fat Eck and his sidekick Jimmy Krankie set Scot against Scot.

And i hope the wounds in Rangers case are not too deep to heal.

I held no loyalty either way, i think Sarver caused King and Co. to act for fear of losing out big time. Or else i believe he would have still been sitting on his hands.

I truly hope the worst is now behind us, and we move onwards and upwards but not without the diligence that was afforded to all previous incumbents, so we never allow another David Murray / Whyte situation to arise ever again.

if I was you OP I would sign off from R M and maybe try and slip back in under the radar at the end of the week. :thumbup:

Know what ur saying mate lol. My point was as someone already said, no thanks were given to the fans that kept going. DK & co could have bought shares at any time. When DK said if the vote didn't go for him, he'd just buy more shares, it just made me think, why didn't they just buy them at the floatation? There's fans who probably saved like mad to get the £500 minimum investment only to see their shares drop by 50%. Like I said, I'm glad they have came in. They seem to be saying the right things, so let's hope they do them. I'm not trying to start arguments amongst our support, if people wanted to boycott that's up to them, I'd never tell anyone what to do. Each to their own. Now let's just all stick together.

It achieved nothing. It was meant to drive out the board because they failed to oust them at the AGM. But the board were defiant till the end so clearly didnt care about the boycott.

If there was no boycott Cashley would have raped us even more than he has done. He didn't give a fock for the supporters. All he wanted was as much money as he could steal from us

to give to sports direct. So we had to starve the fookers out. And we did.

im sure the 2.5billion quids worth sports direct were really in need of the less than million quid they made from their deal with us

It achieved unemployment for a lot of the ordinary workers at Ibrox while some profited by selling strips and taking handouts from the BBC and Record.

It also gave Mike Ashley more power over us with his loans.

To this day I still think Ally's "brand" of football and tactics drove more fans away than all the boycotts added together.

Certainly from the ST holders I've spoken to.

Aye, but we're trying to condemn DK in this thread keep up, we'll blame Ally tomorrow for the attendance's.

It achieved unemployment for a lot of the ordinary workers at Ibrox while some profited by selling strips and taking handouts from the BBC and Record.

It also gave Mike Ashley more power over us with his loans.

Put the knife down smile, you seem to be taking the boardroom change badly.

I'm not taking any sides here, I'm glad Dave King & Co have taken over, but as far as I can see, the only thing that fans boycotting done, was allow Dave King & co to buy Rangers on the cheap. I keep reading about all the fans that boycotted seem to be holding themselves up as if it was them that made it all happen. The REAL fans who bought into Rangers when they were floated, paid 70p a share, whereas it looks like DK & co have got them on the cheap. At one point, the shares were as low as 18p & are still only trading for 35p today, a 50% loss for anyone who bought shares back when CG floated us. I don't have any problems with the new board, hopefully they can take us forward, but just get pissed off reading about CERTAIN fans (think we all know who I mean)who boycotted, holding themselves up as the people who made it happen, & other certain multi millionaires, who could have bought us outright, but the amount they did spend was probably what they had in their wallet at the time. This isn't a dig at DK & co, more a dig at the boycotters. We could have got the same result without a boycott.

Rant over. :7325:

Great post, and they've only alienated decent fans who bought shares and kept the club afloat buying season tickets as usual while patting those who starved the club of vital funds nearly to extinction point on the back to aid them to buy shares on the cheap ! Divide and conquer ? Divide and prosper more like !

People are kidding themselves if they thunk the boycott changed the people on the board.

If king and co never bought shares then an egm would never of been called, it has f all to do with the boycott, but to do with the purchase of shares.

What also happened to the going game by game people, all the boycotters have done is got us further into debt, and now they think they are some sort of saviours.

People are kidding themselves if they thunk the boycott changed the people on the board.

If king and co never bought shares then an egm would never of been called, it has f all to do with the boycott, but to do with the purchase of shares.

What also happened to the going game by game people, all the boycotters have done is got us further into debt, and now they think they are some sort of saviours.

We were taking out crisis loans before anyone boycotted.

I don't think anyone regards themselves as saviours, perhaps campaigners for change?