So What Did The Boycott Achieve?

macranger

What did the boycott achieve? Here's the new boss - same mentality as the old boss. Just there for the power and the 'see me I'm important' image. Where is the plan to deliver the sort of football results and performance we all want to see? Where is the investment plan? Where is the plan to cut costs so that they are well below revenues and investment? Where is the plan to engage on a meaningful basis with the Support? What is the plan for next season? What is the plan for the rest of this season?

What's the plan for dealing with McCoist and McD?

Have they been published? They've had a lot of time to figure this out. Surely they have not just started since Friday? Surely not. Or is it that they are simply not ready with any plans so all the rhetoric over the last umpteen months has been just that - rhetoric? The season is ticking away, sliding down a greasy path to an inglorious ending. And the new Board is doing what of any positive nature to try to rescue this season? Exhortations to try harder, be more enthusiastic, vote with feet and turn up in large numbers to Ibrox? Is that it? I mean, is that all? After all this time is that all that boycotting has produced? Here's the new boss - same as the old boss. Its for King and company to prove otherwise. And soon.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King and T3B's buying shares and calling an EGM done that. Something which could have been done at any point in the last 3 years...

I agree with this, and if there hadn't been the boycott we could have had the new regime in place without it having to raise the funds to pay down the MA loans as these loans would not have been required if our crowds had held up.

We need massive changes team wise right now.

We have to change coach/ Manager rapid and need Football techniques to resort these players we have to change them.

Double or triple training sessions with strict techniques and regime.

If you don't turn up for extra training your out.

Simple.

The boycott and McCoist's horrific management created the need for loans paving the way for Ashley and his minions. If we had still been getting crowds of 40k+ and been watching decent football then Ashley wouldn't have been required to lend us money. I don't believe the boycott was particularly effective in keeping fans away, I think it was mostly due to the shocking standard of football. One obvious way to see how many actually boycotted will be the attendance figures for the remaining home games. We have 23k+ ST holders and those who normally pay game by game. There were 43k at the Hearts game during the boycott but after losing that game the rest of the home league games have been approx 30k. If we are to believe that the boycott was effective then we should be looking at an additional 15k at every home league game. I very much doubt that we will have any more than 35k at the remaining home league games with the possible exception of the Hearts game.

What did the boycott achieve? Here's the new boss - same mentality as the old boss. Just there for the power and the 'see me I'm important' image. Where is the plan to deliver the sort of football results and performance we all want to see? Where is the investment plan? Where is the plan to cut costs so that they are well below revenues and investment? Where is the plan to engage on a meaningful basis with the Support? What is the plan for next season? What is the plan for the rest of this season?

What's the plan for dealing with McCoist and McD?

Have they been published? They've had a lot of time to figure this out. Surely they have not just started since Friday? Surely not. Or is it that they are simply not ready with any plans so all the rhetoric over the last umpteen months has been just that - rhetoric? The season is ticking away, sliding down a greasy path to an inglorious ending. And the new Board is doing what of any positive nature to try to rescue this season? Exhortations to try harder, be more enthusiastic, vote with feet and turn up in large numbers to Ibrox? Is that it? I mean, is that all? After all this time is that all that boycotting has produced? Here's the new boss - same as the old boss. Its for King and company to prove otherwise. And soon.

I have been saying much the same for months. The new board should have had a blueprint for rebuilding, they have had years to prepare it. I don't expect it to be a plan set in stone as there will be anomalies which would necessitate tweaks. There is an immediate need for £10m which must be obvious to everyone. £5m to pay back Ashley and the rest to get us to the summer. Is there such money coming in at this juncture? How much are the fans expected to put in? How much is King willing to put in? The list of unanswered questions goes on. The much-praised blazer and attention-seeking self-appointed fans reps appear to have omitted to ask their heroes such pertinent questions. The question to them is WHY?

I wonder if King and co might at some point thank the thousands of supporters who stood by their team through a horrible season.

Only thanking the boycotters will eventually alienate a load of people so they should have a think about that.

Well said!

They got the change that was required to get rid of the charlatans running our club!

Unfortunately it was not just the charlatans the boycotters got rid off, they also caused the loss of employment of a number of loyal Rangers employees- it is a little ironic to hear of the likes Ally McCoist expressing his hurt at the loss of jobs of staff/ friends when his remuneration package was not helping the overall finances stack up, plus hearing members of the new board express concern over how few staff have been left as a result of the old regimes cost cutting- when part of their strategy was to cut the income streams to the Club.

Maybe the reason there are any staff left is due to the fact that an element of the fan base chose to continue supporting the Club through all.

However if you genuinely believe the end justifies the means then King and Co have been successful. Let's hope for the sake of the Club and all who depend on it that they now deliver the stability and leadership they have promised. For which they will require the support of all- through thick and thin and whilst making at times unpopular decisions.

So, do the guys who are saying the boycott achieved nothing believe that the Club was running along perfectly fine until this season? And it was only due to the boycotters that Ashley got his claws into the Club?

Geez peace, lads. He was in this from the start and received the naming rights of the stadium for £1. Do you really think it was only because people never bought season tickets that Ashley decided to take advantage of us? That was always going to be his game but the lack of revenue this season just made it easier for him.

While I don't know if the boycott directly achieved anything it certainly changed the mood surrounding the Club and make some unknown shareholders realise that this wouldn't just be a free and easy ride to take money out of the club.

I think the boycott has to be taken in conjunction with other factors, for example shares being bought by external investors. Look at what has happened in GM's in the past with Sandy Easdale receiving a 80 or 90% vote of confidence.

It seems like some people think that if the Rhecord and the Bheeb write it then it must be bad therefore anyone they report negatively on must be good.

I'm not saying I think the new board are messiahs, but surely nobody can believe that the Club was in any way, shape or form being run well up til now?

For me the boycott helped get rid of the most corrupt board we've had in our history. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in this. As for those who continued to turn up, week in, week out, they are basically strike breakers deserving of our contempt who see themselves uber alles and who prolonged our suffering.

For me the boycott helped get rid of the most corrupt board we've had in our history. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in this. As for those who continued to turn up, week in, week out, they are basically strike breakers deserving of our contempt who see themselves uber alles and who prolonged our suffering.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Righto

You are a nut job.

Away back to bed mate, your uncles getting cold.

Proof positive that its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt :lol:

What would you understand about being a Rangers supporter?

I don't think anyone regards themselves as saviours, perhaps campaigners for change?

Tell that to the numerous Rangers employees who were made redundant at least in part because our club was starved of money.

The boycotters had no vote last week; only the shareholders did.

It achieved unemployment for a lot of the ordinary workers at Ibrox while some profited by selling strips and taking handouts from the BBC and Record.

It also gave Mike Ashley more power over us with his loans.

This. 100%.

Ashley didnt give two fucks about how many people were in the stands. It just meant he had to loan a few more millions (or pennies to MA). If the boycott was so effective then why did it take almost a year of boycotting for it to work?

Nothing changed until Sarver put in a bit, forcing King etc to make a move.

All the boycott acheived was ensuring that the Club became dependant on Ashley, not the fans. For the first time ever the Club had no one to turn to. If it werent for those who stayed loyal we could have well been sunk. But the boycott made it impossible for the Club to continue without someone like Ashley to give us shite loans in his favour.

The way the SOS etc are going on is like someone walking by a homeless guy refusing to give him a penny, then taking credit a year later when they see hes finally got his life in order.

How will the sons of satan and the union of fannies get their weekly 15 minutes of fame now with nothing to protest.

Bhoycotters should stay the fuck away.

People staying away because of three years of dross may be more difficult to entice back.

Talk of Walter and Ally is another step backwards, surely King has more up his sleeve than that old nuggett.

Its funny how theyre all acting the big hero now, yous turned your back on the Club, whatever reasons you give mean fuck all, I didnt want to sit there half the time this season but I did because I love Rangers. The boycotters wouldnt come to Ibrox but were at every other ground, funding our enemies and supporting papers like the daily rhebel.

According to their numbers, we should have complete sell outs for the rest of the season. we'll see.

This ones an out and out beast.

Your a cracker. Your only on here to cause division, never a Rangers fan.

The boycott achieved two things:

1. Undermine the club in its finance and support as we try for promotion back to the top division.
  2. Put Dave King back in the driving seat for basically no contribution to the cause.

I can only hope King is a success, but his history with us (and elsewhere) suggests we would be wise to watch him like a hawk.

Absolutely nothing, there's a lot of back patting going on but the boycott had no positive effect whatsoever. The solution eventually arrived at was the one required from day one, for Dave King to put his hand in his pocket and I'm glad he finally did after talking about it for over 2 years.