Daily Record Got Duped.

WATBB

You're on the wind up......aren't you

3rd hand party...check

Claims on Facebook....check

No independent corroboration....check

Guy in question is known numpty ....check

That's what I call a story run the presses.....and I didn't have to get off my arse

By these standards if I posted a photo of myself on the moon, the DR would print it as fact

No independent corroboration? The guy fucking said it was him! lol

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd hand party...check

That's what I call a story run the presses.....and I didn't have to get off my arse

By these standards if I posted a photo of myself on the moon, the DR would print it as fact

Come on, mate. This is desperate.

3rd hand party...check

I'm really not seeing whats that difficult to understand.

McKenzie posted a picture on his facebook page of him purportedly at Ibrox on Saturday. This came a few days after he was pictured at Ibrox at the QotS game.

Someone else has spotted this post and passed it to the Record.

The Record, may or may not have, checked exif data on the images to verify the images unsuccesfully as Facebook remove exif data from uploaded images. They then contacted McKenzie who got his wife/girlfriend/daughter/random lassie at his address to tell them he had no comment to make. He then refused to return their call. At which point does any of this jump out as being a fake?

Now, if you posted a photo of you on the moon it wouldn't get published for a few reasons. Mainly being that there hasn't been a manned Moon mission launched in 40 years or so therefore any journo would quickly pick up you were a crank with photo editing software.

Was thinking just the other day how the Press's desire to demonise everything Rangers could leave them wide open to someone setting them up. However was hoping it would be done by someone with a bit more intelligence and social standing, who would be able to sue the buggers for plenty.

The 'impartial' journalist who was tangoed is the same clown who put his name to the headline when the Dundee United fan who plays for Stenhousemuir and works as a steward at Celtic invaded Hampden pitch during the semi . The headline was "Former Rangers youth player invades Hampden pitch"...pathetic journalism in the ill-Phil mould.

The 'impartial' journalist who was tangoed is the same clown who put his name to the headline when the Dundee United fan who plays for Stenhousemuir and works as a steward at Celtic invaded Hampden pitch during the semi . The headline was "Former Rangers youth player invades Hampden pitch"...pathetic journalism in the ill-Phil mould.

You do know journos generally don't make the headlines up?

You do know journos generally don't make the headlines up?

I saw the hag having a go at someone for their headline not so long ago and recall thinking if she was a real journalist she'd know he probably had nothing to do with it.

I saw the hag having a go at someone for their headline not so long ago and recall thinking if she was a real journalist she'd know he probably had nothing to do with it.

Of all the places I've had stuff published, only one has left me to do my own headline and that was a website. Everywhere else my editor/sub editor has done the headline and I've written the copy.

Out of all that, you chose to be the grammar police? You're at it.

Aye, it's a pet peeve of mine that folk don't know when to use bias and when to use biased. I'm not even sure it's a question of grammar either. I've already said all I can on the actual topic but at least you'll know next time

Of all the places I've had stuff published, only one has left me to do my own headline and that was a website. Everywhere else my editor/sub editor has done the headline and I've written the copy.

I got published in the Warlord once i never talk about it.

The only ones who have been done up like a kipper is the club.

Thanks to rhebel and other mhedia outlets and those that run to them with stories thinking that they will be in the clubs camp. Don't work that way, never did, never will ! We are still an agenda, they are still trying to kill us ! Anyway I'm away to the game there's a team to support !

So he tries to dupe the Record the first game of the new regime(timing doesnt sit right with me), then he goes to the game on Saturday anyway?

Sooo, even if he duped them the first match he's broken the ban by going on Saturday?

I hate the record in general but I don't think this guy knows what he's doing.

People sticking up for this idiot bringing the name of the club down need to look at why this guy was jailed in the first place. Hopefully he'll be pointed out if he shows his face at Ibrox.

However, the name of this paper needs analysed a wee bit here. The Daily RECORD! If they choose to "record" stories that are proved to be untrue, or print opinion pieces and try to pass them off a facts, then they show the country they are not fit for the role they have.

The piss poor, bigoted and biased journalism in this country has been brought into the spotlight, by a man who should never be allowed to darken the doors of Ibrox again.

Aye, it's a pet peeve of mine that folk don't know when to use bias and when to use biased. I'm not even sure it's a question of grammar either. I've already said all I can on the actual topic but at least you'll know next time

You're a bundle of fun aren't you. Should of just stayed on topic, otherwise you will be having yourself a busy time on the forum.

Either that or you're fishing for attention. Congratulations you got it, do you feel better now? :)

Now how about your undivided attention back on topic rather than my accidental spelling mishap...I will make it easier for you from now on :tu:

Defending the Record. Why am I not surprised. Any doubt in a story you don't run it for fear of litigation.

So, where would the doubt be in this story? The person in question was claiming he was at Ibrox on Saturday. There was no exif data on the image to show it was old. McKenzie had been pictured at Ibrox 4 days earlier and oh aye McKenzie was claiming that he WAS at Ibrox. So what exactly creates doubt about the image?

I'm all for ripping the piss out of the tabloids but not by dragging our name through the mud in the process. OK, it's a bullshit story but everyone's going to see the headline but how many are going to find out it's a fake?

You're a bundle of fun aren't you. Should of just stayed on topic, otherwise you will be having yourself a busy time on the forum.

Either that or you're fishing for attention. Congratulations you got it, do you feel better now? :)

Now how about your undivided attention back on topic rather than my accidental spelling mishap...I will make it easier for you from now on :tu:

*Should have*

zEGkFcf.png