I'm Lovin This New Management Team So Far

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8891-setting-standards-in-training

“Andy Murdoch coming up with Tom Walsh is good for the youth players and we hope that it spurs them on.

"Stuart will give youth its chance if they are showing enough on the training ground and giving an indication that they can step into the first team then they will be given every encouragement.”

Gallagher, Kelly, Halkett, Gasparotto, Hardie all bursting for a chance. And ready might i add.

You always hear so much about the more senior players passing on experience and helping to calm situations when dealing with a team full of youths, however in our case the youths might actually pass something on that has been missing from our senior players - energy & hunger. Who says it can only work one way?

You always hear so much about the more senior players passing on experience and helping to calm situations when dealing with a team full of youths, however in our case the youths might actually pass something on that has been missing from our senior players - energy & hunger. Who says it can only work one way?

The visible attitude of those that have come in compared to those that have been part of the undroppable squad has been night and day.

The visible attitude of those that have come in compared to those that have been part of the undroppable squad has been night and day.

Exactly, there was a staleness about McCoist's team because he refused to drop any one of his favourites unless he was forced to. The most shocking thing is McCoist couldn't see it, I'm glad McCall does.

Its encouraging to see a bit of the training there.. especially the bits about small triangles etc.. a bit of posession football.

It's brilliant, compare it to the last reign - all you saw was laughing and joking whenever Willie Vass published photos. It's not a holiday camp, it's a place where you should be pushing yourself to the limit to be the best you can be.

The early signs are definitely positive. I hope we see a few other youngsters get their chance.

I would happily see Gallagher replace Boyd's squad place and Sinnamon replace Foster's.

I think I heard Mbabu played in a development game recently and going by the few glimpses there he seems to be quite a fit lad. It'll be interesting to see where he fits in if and when he is ready.

I don't think it's fair to judge McCall on so few games in charge without being able to sign any players. We all know the disaster of a team that was left behind, him even getting us competitive again is an achievement. Going by first impressions I hope he gets a full season in charge no matter if we gain promotion or not.

Tbh this early in, he's done what practically any manager would have done, the impact comes from not having a manager for the last few years...

Will be interesting to see if McCall gets support from the board for off field changes/appointments before the end of the season or if they already have someone lined up to do that once we know where we'll be next year.

If we're in the championship next season I have no doubt McCall could get us promoted but it would have to be along with serious changes to the football philosophy from ground up

I agree JTF (tu)

I wasn't sure if McCall is the answer long term, I'm still not sure, but he's very switched on when it comes to training and development. I have no doubt there would be better options out there, but McCall deserves credit for taking on a real slog of a job at the minute. The three games we've played, Livi, Alloa and Hibs, I have seen more shape, movement and tactical changes than I have seen in 3 years watching Rangers. He deserves some time, regardless if he gets us up or not IMO, the damage has been done, if McCall gets us up he deserves a knighthood in all honesty. If he doesn't, but get's us competitive and close to going up, playing a beter standard of football, he deserves another season IMO.