Quality Food At Ibrox

JWAC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only thing that may be workable is big fuckoff pots of pasta, quick to make and just have a selection of easy stuff to go with it.

Drink would be a let down as well, can you imagine the prices of it? Folk would still get carryouts before hand rather than pay £3 or £4 for a bottle of Bud.

I've not eaten inside the stadium for well over a season. Due to quality and value for money. £3.00 for a Cola is as far is it goes for me at the kiosk.

I'd rather grab something from mcdonalds or the chippy pre-match. At least at McDonalds/KFC the burger rolls aren't as hard as brick.

I can't imagine the fans flooding back if the hot dog buns aren't rock solid anymore.

I wouldn't be so sure mate, as it's often just the small things that annoy people. I've personally been on a boycott for nearly 5 years due to the club's refusal to open up a Yo! Sushi in each of the concourses.

David Murray just ignored my letters, Craig Whyte's always came back "not known at the address" and Charles Green said it was a great idea and promised me a meeting him and Imran that never happened. :mad:

Can't we just take in our own sandwiches wrapped in some clingfilm?

You'd need to stash them down your pants and hope they don't do a thorough search.

Good idea about the clingfilm though; I remember once concealing an unwrapped steak bake in my briefs; pastry based chaff was horrendous :(

Not really practical to provide quality food to 15,000 people in 20 minutes, ain't going to happen

I was working in Prague for a few weeks and took in a few Slavia and Sparta matches and even went downmarket and watched Zizkov and the whole matchday experience was completely different. Stadiums got busy about an hour or two before kick-off and inside the stadium you could buy a beer and they had chickens on rotisserie grills being served with fresh crusty bread and a decent selection of other local foods that were all tasty and cheap as well as the usual burgers and hot dogs. Even after the match there were lots of people still behind the stands but inside the ground, having a bite and a drink together and I reckon I spent over fours in total inside Sparta Praha's ground and that was on a day they had a crowd of about 18 thousand. Was the same experience at Zizkov even though the crowd was under 3000 but the food and beer were cheap and lovely and fresh!

It can be done and the secret is to widen the selection available and serve fresh decent quality food and we also need to work out how we can make the whole experience of being inside the stadium better and increase the income.

Even older stadiums serving big crowds can do it and anyone who watched Arsenal at Highbury would have had a choice of sandwiches that included fresh salmon or bacon and brie, etc.

The problem we have is that when things are contracted out poorly we end up paying over the odds for inedible shite so that profit is maximised and its just accepted that this is now the norm with a few grounds having slightly better pies but overall its all shite.

I had a mate come up from London earlier this season with his two young boys and after he had paid up for tickets, bought some burgers etc and a visit to the superstore afterwards I think he was down about 140 quid and you still have to add on a few beers before and afterwards!

To make it worse it was one of the Alloa games!

As said above by trains, catering to fans inside the stadium could be done very differently with a few sensible selections of food caterers willing to work with the club in bringing a more enjoyable experience to our fans while attending pre or post match. It can be done on the continent and in the USA, so what is the big difficulty here at Ibrox? Indeed, the prices and quality of the muck on offer within our Stadium is atrocious, bringing any overseas visitors and for them to see or experience the "food" on offer is embarrassing. Time for us all to no longer accept the lukewarm pies and scalding "Bovril" like our fathers did without a murmour. Peoples expectations have changed greatly over the past 40 odd years, our club should be implementing changes regarding the quality of grub on offer in the concources too.

The main problem in improving the catering would be the length of contract we have the catering company

Very true although the bigger problem is the fact we need to change the whole matchday experience! As i said before, I often bring friends up from down south and after the match they want to get some pics with the pitch behind them or just stadium shots but your hunted to often by a steward within minutes of the whistle if you dont move quick enough.

Thats absolutely ridiculous, in Costco that would have cost you £20.50 and you'd get a million times beyter quality from one of them plus you get as many refills as you want, football prices are a disgrace

I could just imagine them getting in Costco, the pizzas are nice, cottage pies are my favourite, and always change out of a fiver.

I wouldn't be so sure mate, as it's often just the small things that annoy people. I've personally been on a boycott for nearly 5 years due to the club's refusal to open up a Yo! Sushi in each of the concourses.

David Murray just ignored my letters, Craig Whyte's always came back "not known at the address" and Charles Green said it was a great idea and promised me a meeting him and Imran that never happened.

Pity Craig Whyte never reached out, he was always good at getting low cost funding. Is there VAT on raw fish btw.

The food is an absolute disgrace. I've been to most grounds in the top flight and most in the bottom division or two, and I can't think of a single one with worse food than Ibrox. Pisses me off no end, I bet if the various chairmen were made to eat the food every day they'd soon change. We don't need an expensive tie up with a celebrity chef, just bring in food that doesn't taste of dried out cardboard filled with dried shit.

As an aside, the pasties at Dunfermline I think were probably the best.