Walter Smith | Mccoist Wasn't Given Enough Time.

WATBB

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Smith had come out and slated McCoist this would be more newsworthy purely because everybody knows McCoist was Smith's pick and he's going to defend him to the hilt because of that and the strong relationship that they have.

I've already made my mind up about McCoists managerial ability, or lack thereof, and I don't think he will prove himself as a capable manager anywhere but it's certainly going to be interesting to see how he gets on if he does manage to land another job where he can work in "normal circumstances".

Think myself this is the start of the attempt by friends to de-toxify the McCostalot brand to help him into another job. Six month of hard done by stories, sycophancy and cheeky chappy charity appearances etc to see out the gardening leave and he will likely try for a punditry role somewhere. After making sure his garden work is fully completed.

Sorry Sir Walter but the man was given 3 years, 2 and a half of which he blew every other team out of the water in terms of resources, money and professional footballers and still could not put any sort of decent football on display.

He failed to win the ramsdens cup and embarrassed Rangers with the performances and results over the past few years with a few exceptions.

He was given to much time.

This (tu)

I wish Walter and all the rest of Allys pals spoke up for the Club even half as much as they speak up for the worst manager in our history.

The fact that McCall has turned the team around in less than 2 months should have put the bullet in any belief anyone had for McCoist, if McCoist is so great then why could he not do in 3 years what McCall did in 2 months?

McCoist is a shite manager, and has bled this club dry.

Anyone who thinks hes a capable manager is a fucking moron. There is absolutely nothing at all that suggests hes a good manager. Folk just love their hero Ally so much theyd let us wallow in div 2 for the next decade till Ally figures out the first thing about management.

Just shut up Walter, brass neck and a half. Try sticking up for the club instead of your useless pal.

Took you a full 3 mins to support Ally.Pathetic.Open your eyes.Ally was a dud.

Just out of curiosity what in my statement was supporting Ally? I was just predicting a multi page thread based on the OP, and in the usual manner of these types of things.

This will bring the haters out in force - they even critisise Walter now I suspect.

Well said Walter!

Walter is a Rangers legend but he's not beyond criticism when he comes out with utter nonsense like this. I wouldn't expect you to understand though, you were incapable of separating McCoist the legend from McCoist the inept manager.

Just out of curiosity what in my statement was supporting Ally? I was just predicting a multi page thread based on the OP, and in the usual manner of these types of things.

You always supported ALLY .I Will give you your due for backing the wrong horse and supporting it but even Walter was wrong in this statement.

It's regrettable that a highly respected figure such as Walter Smith should make such an inane and patently inaccurate statement. To say that he wasn't given enough time is utter nonsense! McCoist had 3 years to develop a team capable of producing good football and failed miserably.

Much as I respect SWS, I believe he should keep his thoughts on Mr McCoist to himself, if for no ther reason, to ensure that his credibility is not called into question.

Sorry Walter Ally was given too much time . Never in my life have a seen a poorer Rangers Manager and someone who failed to see how badly we were doing and did not realise how much of it was his own fault . Yes there was plenty of problems in the board room but that does not excuse his performance as a manager

Why the need for this? Seriously. We're pushing for promotion and trying to look forward and forget the last 3/4 years and we could do without this. I'd have expected nothing less for this comment to have come from Derek Johnstone but Walter would be better washing his hands of the McCoist era.

McCoist with all the money and time in the world wouldn't have been successful, let's just end it there.

This will bring the haters out in force - they even critisise Walter now I suspect.

Well said Walter!

Uncle ,Brother,sister,son,mom,dad,You must be one of them.Or a complete bellend.Cant make my mind up.Anyway you have been good for a laugh.