Cricket

9 hours ago, Badger said:

Just Stop Oil have the opposite effect on me from intended.

Anytime I see them, I want to start burning hydrocarbons - for fun. The more black smoke the better.

Should throw them all on a good old tyre mountain fire 🔥 

As for the cricket. England need to keep their mouths shut. Aussies are strolling this test after day 1. 

And why was it so friendly today.?? Perfect conditions to bowl and England didn't take advantage. 

Worried that Jimmy Anderson is going to retire after a 4-1 or 5-0 Ashes disaster tbh. When he should be going out after an Ashes win. 

Ultimately England want to entertain whilst the Aussies actually want to win. 

12 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Should throw them all on a good old tyre mountain fire 🔥 

As for the cricket. England need to keep their mouths shut. Aussies are strolling this test after day 1. 

And why was it so friendly today.?? Perfect conditions to bowl and England didn't take advantage. 

Worried that Jimmy Anderson is going to retire after a 4-1 or 5-0 Ashes disaster tbh. When he should be going out after an Ashes win. 

Ultimately England want to entertain whilst the Aussies actually want to win. 

I am definitely getting the impression the England team have fell too much in love with Bazball and believed their own hype. They've won the toss twice, failed to win despite getting the best of conditions in the first test (and getting a gift in getting Smith and Labuschagne for low scores), and again look like they've failed to capitalise in conditions that suited them - I think yesterday was every bit England bowling poor as Australia batting well. 

England talked big going into this Ashes, but this is the ultimate test of Bazball.

Whenever England get a skelping...especially against the Aussies, there is always a post mortem over reaction.

I'm guessing that Broad and Anderson will get chucked on the scrap heap. Both have looked extremely poor this Test. 

This series has the potential to be the death of Bazball. Which might not be a bad thing. 

I genuinely can't believe how moronic some of shots to short balls were from English players after Lyon went off injured. 

Keep letting the seamers bowl bouncers, don't engage with them, tire their attack out and just see out the day taking runs from the bad balls.

Could be sitting 240-2 instead. 

Like Tuffnell said 'I'm generally a fan of Bazball, but you need to have a brain'.

22 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Whenever England get a skelping...especially against the Aussies, there is always a post mortem over reaction.

I'm guessing that Broad and Anderson will get chucked on the scrap heap. Both have looked extremely poor this Test. 

This series has the potential to be the death of Bazball. Which might not be a bad thing. 

Broad and Anderson cannot go on forever.

Anderson will be 41 at the end of the Ashes, an old man by fast bowling standards - and brilliant as he is, tbf he has looked it at times this Ashes. Broad still has the ability to go on runs where everything just goes right, but also looked poor at times. 

Not convinced at all by the bowling talent coming through for England. I'd be concerned selectors see Robinson - who despite his size is ultimately a 80mph seamer - as the main bowler for the future. 

The batting talent England have just now is pretty adequate. Still unconvinced with the openers out there, but the middle order is pretty strong. 

I'm also unconvinced about Stokes going forward, injuries look like they are starting to take their toll.