Cricket

On 29/06/2023 at 11:12, TEFTONG said:

Whenever England get a skelping...especially against the Aussies, there is always a post mortem over reaction.

I'm guessing that Broad and Anderson will get chucked on the scrap heap. Both have looked extremely poor this Test. 

This series has the potential to be the death of Bazball. Which might not be a bad thing. 

I don't think it will end it but they need to evolve it to bazball v2.0.

Bazball is good for the game. It makes England entertaining.

However it doesn't need to always be played - even at the expense of sensible cricket. Last night's session proves that. Day 2 of a test and they're attacking everything.

Bazball will be a disaster if England lose a bit of confidence and swagger and keep trying it.

2 hours ago, DietofWorms said:

I know Stokes has been brilliant but other than his captaincy...he's offering nothing with the bat or ball. England basically playing with 2 bowlers. Anderson looks like this is one Ashes too many.

Anderson’s fielding has been brutal, 2 drops today and he looks like he’s way off it. 

What was the actual fuck was going on with Lyon?

Whatever happened to giving the injured player a runner?

Is their not a subs rule for cricket.....not sure how you can replace a fielder but not a batsman 

As @KingKirk said about Cummins, was it really worth the extra 10-12 runs to see Lyon in distress....i doubt England will get past 300 anyway

4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Anderson’s fielding has been brutal, 2 drops today and he looks like he’s way off it. 

He's nearly 41. Can't be easy having the reactions.

Sadly for Jimmy, legend that he is, I think he's done as a top level bowler. Still dangerous in the right conditions.

19 hours ago, shotstopper said:

Not saying Aussies were cheating but shameful dismissal of Bairstow was shocking sportsmanship.

Superb innings by Stokes but ultimately too much on his shoulders. Bring on the next test.

Shameful really? Bairstow left his wicket before over was called =ball was still live blame bairstow not the Australians