Cricket

I'm a neutral.

What makes it grey for me, is Carey through the ball immediately on catching it and Bairstow was still in his crease.

On one hand I think it's a cheap shot from the Aussies - and I get England's anger. On the other Bairstow was very sloppy assuming the ball was dead - he never looked behind to see what was happening.

Personally, I don't think it's any worse than say Broad not walking at Trent Bridge in 2013.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

This pitch looks wonderful for batting on the Aussies have been very poor in this sessions. Enjoyable start to the match 

Whilst Aussies haven't been great, I disagree that the current pitch and conditions are good for batting. Looking at pitch and forecast - whoever won the toss was always bowling first.

Been overcast for majority of the session, and it's a fast green top with variable bounce - the pitch looks tailor made for seam/fast. This mornings conditions and pitch - it was probably playing to a par score of about 250 IMO.

Def a pitch and conditions to bowl first on - although overhead conditions are improving, pitch should start drying and slowing down. With blue skies forecast it might be a 350 run par pitch tomorrow.

England have made winning the toss count in the first session (for first time in the series). Aussies may not go beyond 150 from where they are imo. If the salvage anything >200 from here they've gone well.

England are still on top, but their fielding needs to improve.

Again, as said before, I don't understand how you can have somebody who is in the equation for being called the best wicket keeper in the world - Ben Foakes - and don't play him.

Bairstow can be a more destructive batsman, but Foakes isn't exactly awful with bat either.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Robinson potentially injured currently off the field getting treatment. 

Don't think it weakens England too much tbh, other than it gives the bowlers a higher work load.

Unsure why Robinson is so liked for England selectors. He is very average and surely there are better bowlers in county cricket?

Happy to see Wood have a good game. Likeable guy who's had his career stalled by injury.

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

Don't think it weakens England too much tbh, other than it gives the bowlers a higher work load.

Unsure why Robinson is so liked for England selectors. He is very average and surely there are better bowlers in county cricket?

Happy to see Wood have a good game. Likeable guy who's had his career stalled by injury.

Wood has been phenomenal the day. If they can keep him fit they still have a chance in this series.. Game changer 

I think a slight reset is needed for the 4th test. 

Bairstow has been poor with the gloves and his battings not exactly set the world alight this series, Foakes should come in. 

Robinson should be nowhere near the test side currently, bowling high 70s is laughable for someone who is meant to be a pace bowler and doesn’t swing the ball that much. I’d also argue despite it being his home ground, Jimmy has done nothing to warrant being selected this series. 

Moeen at 3 doesn’t work and I’m not sure Brook does either, we probably need to get Root in there. 

Finally Mark Wood has to be wrapped in cotton wool and is vital for the outcome of the series…