Should Mccall Get The Job?

631 members have voted

1. 1. Should McCall get the job?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe, but we need to consider other options first.

Definetly not. Did his best and will always be grateful but let's be honest he left Motherwell before he was sacked. Yet on here they think he is a great manager? Did his best but was always a tall order, time to move on.

Either McCall was implying there wasn,t 11 players at the club that were capable if winning the league or he has to take responsibility for poor team selection and poor tactics stand up and be counted

We couldnt not concede and we couldn't score, does that make everyone useless.

His about mc call taking some responsibility for a poor run in.

The performances as and results were marginally better but we stuttered to the finish line.

He mentioned in his interview that he had galvanised the squad utter bollocks. I bet Daly,moshni,mc culloch,Robinson,aird,Hutton,temps, clark to name a few didn't want him to succeed as he's shown no support to them as nd certainly didn't get the best out if them.

On the other hand he's consistently played Bell Wallace and Law i rest my case the guys got nothing going for him except that he's a good bullsh@tter

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one can truly know how unfit the players were before McCall took over, i thought we looked much fitter in the latter stages of the Season but 6 extra games was just too much of a stretch and the players were dying on their arses - I'd not be opppsed to Stuart getting the job, as mad as it sounds there was actually a genuine chance we'd not even finish in the Play-Off spot - we were 3rd with only 5 clear of 5th space and where on a 9 game winless run, fuck knows were would have finished under McDowell, there was just to much to fix and not enough time to fix it in my opinion

McCall took an underperforming unfit tactically inept collection of overpaid individuals and got them working together as a group, if he had come in sooner then maybe his influence could have been greater. As it is 2 months was never going to be long enough.

The fact that we got into the playoffs should be enough considering that we looked like we would finish 5th

McCall took an underperforming unfit tactically inept collection of overpaid individuals and got them working together as a group, if he had come in sooner then maybe his influence could have been greater. As it is 2 months was never going to be long enough.

The fact that we got into the playoffs should be enough considering that we looked like we would finish 5th

Can't agree with a lot of that.

They never once looked like a unit, no improvement in the style of play and clueless with sekection, substitutions and tactics.

It was always going to be easy fir him to blame what he inherited, but as I've said many times before, he shouldn't have taken the job if it was too big for him.

If he's in charge next seasons team will be

Bell,?,? Wallace,?,?,law,?,?,?,? If you are happy with that sign him up.

He had 17/18 games. More than enough time.

After watching us all season when he was commentating on the games he knew what was wrong with the team and players, yet the longer he was here the more we retuned to everything that was wrong when he took over.

McCall was never a person I wanted to see even if he had got us promoted I still wouldn't have wanted him but TBH he would have deserved a shot at least and couldn't be denied that, we need to get away from these so called Rangers men and start fresh.

Anybody who wants mcall as manager wants their head examined for the following reasons:

1.continually playing McCulloch

2.ditto foster

3.bringing in robbie Crawford for a couple of games

4.bizzare substitutions

5.playing Boyd at all in any game

6.dropping hardie after 2 excellent goals

7.not giving gallacher a chance

8.playing ferguson ahead of the above 2(what a kick in the teeth for these boys)

9.playing the invisible man in midfield,even when his form dropped

10.not sorting out a powder puff midfield,who never dominate even the basic of teams

Anybody who wants mcall as manager wants their head examined for the following reasons:

1.continually playing McCulloch

2.ditto foster

3.bringing in robbie Crawford for a couple of games

4.bizzare substitutions

5.playing Boyd at all in any game

6.dropping hardie after 2 excellent goals

7.not giving gallacher a chance

8.playing ferguson ahead of the above 2(what a kick in the teeth for these boys)

9.playing the invisible man in midfield,even when his form dropped

10.not sorting out a powder puff midfield,who never dominate even the basic of teams

11, Playing bell

He had 17/18 games. More than enough time.

After watching us all season when he was commentating on the games he knew what was wrong with the team and players, yet the longer he was here the more we retuned to everything that was wrong when he took over.

Yeah he saw the same issues that we all saw, but what did we not see? What was happening away from the cameras that we didn't hear about? He did what he could in a short space of time and at the end of the day the players that he was given were not up to the job.... As I have said on another thread, if he's the manager next year we will win the division and at least 2 cups.

Yeah he saw the same issues that we all saw, but what did we not see? What was happening away from the cameras that we didn't hear about? He did what he could in a short space of time and at the end of the day the players that he was given were not up to the job.... As I have said on another thread, if he's the manager next year we will win the division and at least 2 cups.

Based on what?

Absolutely not. You can argue that he never signed the players but let's compare how the same players performed under different managers this season. This is from all competitive games.

McCoist P 27 W 20 D 2 L 5

McDowell P 10 W 3 D 3 L 4

McCall P 17 W 7 D 6 L 4

I say the same set of players but there were a couple of changes. Obviously losing Macleod was a blow but I believe Vuckic has made just as much a contribution.

The simple answer is that with the same group of players McCall's results are worse than Ally's.

As a sidenote, while I never was an Ally fan his results this season weren't actually that bad on reflection.

If Warburton & Weir aren't available (I've yet to see us linked with another name that strikes me) then I think McCall should be given a chance to build his own squad.

However if W & W are available then I'd love to see them given a chance.

Exactly my thoughts also.

To fuck, no. Absolutely fucking not.

Aside from the fact that he failed to get us promoted, he took over as we sat second and we finished third. In no way has he earned a crack at this job, permanently.

As I've said before, we need a fresh approach. Someone new with no connections to club. Someone who will turn the club upside down and rid us of the jobs-for-the-boys mentality.

No from me. Started off well but in the last 3 or 4 games he has made major tactical mistakes. Plus he has relied on some of the same rubbish McCoist did.

Weaknesses in our defence, midfield and attack were not addressed and Motherwell took full advantage.

I said after we beat Hibs before the play offs our best formation was either 3-5-2 or 4-5-1. He went 4-4-2 in the crunch games and we were brutally exposed as a result.

He came, he tried his best and he goes with my thanks but we need someone far better.