Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

I heard we were supposed to be announcing new manager within 48 hours (yesterday) so guessing we'll hear tomorrow, although saying that, the club don't seem to tell us anything these days - So we'll probably not know until like pre-season.

McParland at Burnley I can see Warburton going there as I can see someone taking a punt on Sean Dyche. Question then is, why can't we take a punt on Sean Dyche?

£1.5 million compensation owed to Burnley.

I've made my mind up now and I would be really happy with Warburton and weir. Even though we might not be his first chice I think we will definitely be Weir's first choice

That's my worry tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Warburton to Burnley on his own and Weir decides that after a couple more years as an assistant he's better prepared to have another shot at management and we give him that shot.

I heard we were supposed to be announcing new manager within 48 hours (yesterday) so guessing we'll hear tomorrow, although saying that, the club don't seem to tell us anything these days - So we'll probably not know until like pre-season.

Doubt it if he hasn't even had formal talks yet.

We need someone to totally sort out or youth set up, scouting network and coaching. Similar to what Advocaat done when came in. Someone with a vision of how the club should be from the medium to long term. Not entirely sure Warburton is that type of manager or has enough experience in the game. Patrick Viera?

I think he's defo interested. If he wasn't I don't think he'd have done the interview or in doing the interview he'd have nipped it in the bud. If you know there's no chance of you taking a job I think you would say as much.

I agree he'll have other clubs interested in him but I wouldn't necessarily say that means he'll knock us back if we want him.

I would say managers are much different to players. They could easily have a 30/40 year career making loads of money even if they fail, so they have time on their side.

I'd imagine therefore the chance to win trophies with us at a club the size of ours, with our history and fan base, if sold correctly by Murray, King whoever would be very appealing to many. Our potential is huge. The possibility and pressure of competing in Europe as opposed to fighting relegation all the time would be a plus too.

The fact he is still young and raw can work both ways. I'd imagine if you asked him about being Rangers manager a few years ago he'd have bitten your hand off.

Just need to wait and see. All very interesting though. I think he's certainly the right type of candidate we should be looking Al.

Can't believe how impatient I'm getting!, think it's just desperately wanting some good news for a change.

Its not really impatience you are probably just being realistic, we need a complete team and get them to gel if i remember right pre-season started on july 3rd last year and we need everything in place the now.

I would say managers are much different to players. They could easily have a 30/40 year career making loads of money even if they fail, so they have time on their side.

I'm not sure it's all about wages for this guy. Someone said he was a successful businessman before giving it all up to try his hand at being a coach.

We need someone to totally sort out or youth set up, scouting network and coaching. Similar to what Advocaat done when came in. Someone with a vision of how the club should be from the medium to long term. Not entirely sure Warburton is that type of manager or has enough experience in the game. Patrick Viera?

Patrick Vieira :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep the heid, lad.

I'm not sure it's all about wages for this guy. Someone said he was a successful businessman before giving it all up to try his hand at being a coach

I agree. I just mean generally. Players are generally more about chasing the money, understandably to an extent, as they have a shorter career span, and a lot are quite young and naive. Managers are generally a bit older and wiser. I think, sadly a player would probably pick Burnley or Sunderland, and the like over us. However, I believe a manager would sway more to us IMO.

Patrick Vieira :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep the heid, lad.

Just trying to think outside the box mate and thinking about what he done at City. No chance of it happening right enough but just throwing it out there ha ha