Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

My understanding is McInnes - he was approached prior to the ousting of the old board by someone representing the new board. He was asked to consider a senior coaches role akin to the european style and had agreed in principle.

Source - an ex team mates brother who knows him reasonably well.

Id be happy with McInnes.

Just for the record. Billy Davies was approached before the old board were ousted aswell.

I'm sure I read somewhere this week that the English Championship is the 4th richest league in Europe. If he'd managed a smaller team in France or Portugal with the success he had at Brentford I'm sure we'd be delighted to be linked with him.

I've been to see Brentford a couple of times this season and they played decent stuff but I am first and foremost a Rangers fan.

If we'd been linked with Robbie Nielsen last season I'm sure I would have opened a vein, but as it turns out Hertz made our team look like overpaid slobs, so maybe there's value in giving Warburton a chance. It's possible we need him more than he needs us at the moment.

I just feel this is a risk. He did a great job at Brentford, but it was success over a short period of time and he's only done it with one club which I feel is always a risk. There are lots of managers who have had success with one club but failed to replicate that success elsewhere.

I would much prefer Davies and if not Derek McInnes. They have both done very good jobs at more than one club. To me that is a better guide than Warburton having done an excellent job at just one club. This is not a time for a gamble, that time was possibly 3 years ago but not now. We need safe hands at this time.

Any manager we bring in will be a risk.

Warburton stands head and shoulders above all potential targets we have.

Man talks sense any time I've heard him, has shown he can work equally as well as a director of football and a manager, which is something the club could really do with, he could combine the two roles and lay out plan for us on abd off the field. He will bring a whole new outlook towards the club in terms of philosophy and perception of the Scottish game. He also has Davie Weir he knows all too fine what is required at the club both in performance and mentality.

Be delighted if he took the job.

We need someone with vision and a grand plan for the club, I doubt we can afford someone capable of that who also has experience. It is however a unique opportunity for someone willing to take the chance.

It's a massive gamble no matter who we go for, especially when you consider it's not just a case of throwing money at it. We need to work within our means. If we have less than 30k ST sales then the likelihood is actually that the budget will be far reduced from the last few years.

I do appreciate he has shown character flaws in the past, but he's now had some time out of the game to contemplate past errors and I really think he'll now be in a position to have a very positive impact on his next club.

He did great jobs at Preston and Derby, and did some great work at Forest who were a side fearing for their Championship status when he took over in his first spell. It didn't end well, but then circumstances were difficult at Forest at boardroom level as reputable managers in Steve McLaren and Alex McLeish later found out.

I don't think the way it ended at Forest should dampen the fact Davies has proven himself to be a very talented manager who has had a positive impact at every club he's managed. I really think a more mature Billy Davies will now be ready to fulfil his potential.

I do like the sound of Warburton on paper, the man management accolades from fellow pros and his modern approach to management, but I just feel nervy about a guy that has done very little beyond 18 months at one club.

Billy Davies has been a car crash everywhere he's been i don't see the big attraction with him

Took unfashionable Preston into the play offs on two occasions which in itself was punching above it's weight. Then took a Derby side that had almost been relegated from the Championship and had a small, ageing squad straight up into the Premiership. And then saved a struggling Forest side from relegation and the following season got them into the play off spots. He left all of those clubs in a much better position than when he arrived.

Took unfashionable Preston into the play offs on two occasions which in itself was punching above it's weight. Then took a Derby side that had almost been relegated from the Championship and had a small, ageing squad straight up into the Premiership. And then saved a struggling Forest side from relegation and the following season got them into the play off spots. He left all of those clubs in a much better position than when he arrived.

When he left derby they were in a mess and they've never really recovered. He's a loony and a risk I'd rather Rangers didn't take tbh

Its better what Warburton and Weir have achieved i mentioned this last night.

Just seen this on the Sky Sports website.

Former Brentford boss Mark Warburton would be the leading candidate to succeed Sean Dyche at Burnley should the latter join Sunderland, according to Sky sources.

Sunderland are understood to be interested in Dyche becoming their new manager after Dick Advocaat declined the chance to make his interim role permanent, having kept the club in the Premier League.

Dyche, who was unable to avoid relegation with Burnley, is currently on holiday and the Clarets have not yet received a formal offer for his services from the Black Cats.

The trouble is you have only stated the positives on his CV and missed out all the negatives.

He's got an iffy record

He's also working in Qatar making a absolute fucking mint. No chance we could afford him/he'd drop down to the wages we could offer. It'll be Warburton, Mcinnes, or McCall.