*** Ireland V Scotland / Euro 2016 Thread ***

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away game against an Ireland team with some dangerous players... I think this is a good result, and I can't really fault Strachan for being cautious.

Considering that many players looked less than at their sharpest as well, I think we definitely need to see the positives in this.

With Poland at home and Georgia and Gibraltar away, we've got every chance.

Good result for Scotland, play-off spot looking likely. When do Germany come to Hamdump?

R. of Ireland1-1Scotland

Sat 13 Jun Full time Report September 2015

GeorgiavScotland

Fri 4 Sep 17:00

ScotlandvGermany

Mon 7 Sep 19:45

ScotlandvPoland

Thu 8 Oct 19:45

GibraltarvScotland

Sun 11 Oct 19:45

Another 6points from here will get us 3rd Imo to get 2nd Scotland will need 4wins imo

Because of our goal difference, it's looking unlikely third will get us best places 3rd place team, and some of the possible third placed teams look like tough games.

I really, really hope we push for 2nd and avoid a tough playoff.

Scroll down and it shows the 3rd placed teams in a league table. Before today's results, but gives an idea. At this moment Russia would be the automatic qualifier. Games against the bottom team in the league are discounted for the purposes of that table...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016_qualifying

Because of our goal difference, it's looking unlikely third will get us best places 3rd place team, and some of the possible third placed teams look like tough games.

I really, really hope we push for 2nd and avoid a tough playoff.

if we beat Georgia and Germany beat Poland we go equal..

Question is I expect by The time Poland come to Hampden well be 3points behind them if we beat them will we go into 2nd because of H2H records?

if we beat Georgia and Germany beat Poland we go equal..

Question is I expect by The time Poland come to Hampden well be 3points behind them if we beat them will we go into 2nd because of H2H records?

We do, yeah...

Tiebreakers[edit]

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following tie-breaking criteria are applied:[10]

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
  2. Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question;
  3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question;
  4. Higher number of goals scored away from home in the matches played between the teams in question;
  5. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 10 apply;
  6. Superior goal difference in all group matches;
  7. Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. Fair play conduct in all group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card);
  10. Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system;

I hope Germany kick on now and romp the rest of the group..

If that happens I would've took a one of game v Poland to get 2nd spot at the start.. Georgia is a massive game win that we then have a free shot at the Germans before the game v Poland later in the year