Should Mccoist Be Recalled As An Assistant?

McCoist recall  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Should McCoist be recalled to assist for the remainder of his contract?

• Yes
    • No

Some of the comments on here are a fucking disgrace, Ally made a complete balls up yes and he is never a manager in a million years but the personal digs and the way he is described in this thread is an absolute joke, after all he is our record goal scorer and would have died on the field for our team. Some of you have a fucking look at yourselves, he hasn't covered his self in glory I'll admit and yes he has taken loads of money but a simple no is the answer to the question asked and not the rest of the fucking shit you have all written about him, I can only put it down to the younger bears who don't remember much about him but he is a fucking bluenose and one of the biggest you will ever meet

Disgusting thread

No

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely saddens me what has become of Ally, it always will. That this for many will be his legacy...it just wasn't meant to be like that. I am sure that many who grew up with him as their hero (like me) will be forever gutted.

I just cannot however blame anyone for being angry. Not for him making an arse of the job, although he does stand accused of treating that sacred role with contempt but for continuing to take money from the club. That is just appalling. Indefensible.

I so wish he had got to the end, acknowledged that was far enough for him and quit. I honestly think over time many would have moved on from the pain of his managerial tenure and he would have retained his playing legacy and perhaps one of a guy who tried his best but wasn't good enough, he just didn't have it. His continued choices however have done damage that I cannot see ever repairing. What he has become now? A guy that a few years ago you could have argued was on a path to become our greatest ever.... It's a sad end to his story however is the end he has chosen.

No-one disputes what he was as a player. We know as a manager he was a complete dud, but that obviously wasn’t something he wanted to be. As a player legend there’s a place back for him, even if that’s only as a Club rep doing some hospitality-Club ambassador role. We’re not the only Club in the world that thought a great player could make a great manager and got it wrong.

McCoist will make a big show in the new season by buying season tickets for his sons ( to show us just how much of a fan he is) he could buy 40 each and every week with the dosh he is still receiving from the club, the king of chat is strangely subdued, saving it all for his book? which will be in the 99p stores swiftly after release as I cant think of any Rangers fan who would want to read his guff.

Some of the comments on here are a fucking disgrace, Ally made a complete balls up yes and he is never a manager in a million years but the personal digs and the way he is described in this thread is an absolute joke, after all he is our record goal scorer and would have died on the field for our team. Some of you have a fucking look at yourselves, he hasn't covered his self in glory I'll admit and yes he has taken loads of money but a simple no is the answer to the question asked and not the rest of the fucking shit you have all written about him, I can only put it down to the younger bears who don't remember much about him but he is a fucking bluenose and one of the biggest you will ever meet

Disgusting thread

I agree with you mate, but I can also understand "some" people on here. With his previous TV & media jobs, he "should" be set up for life, but still taking money from us after MA's men were ousted? It's not right. He would have gained a lot of respect if he did something along the lines of converting what he was due into shares & gifted them to a fans group, but he didn't. I know some will say "he's due the money as it was in his contract" & "would you walk away with nothing" but hey, this is Rangers. It's no ordinary job.

Disgusting thread

Younger bears my arse, I am exactly the same age as him and recall all too well what he did for us as a player

Had he walked away having failed miserably to rebuild a team capable of even getting to the SPL never mind challenging for it his reputation may have survived.

Even had he hung on simply to spite Ashley's placemen he may have gotten away with it

What he has done since the takeover has damned him forever

Biggest spiv of them all,arrogant prick of a man bleeding us dry and as for all that pish about holding us together and not walking away etc who the fuck would have took him.Cant deny what he;sdone as a player but his legend status is long gone for me.

So disappointed in Ally McCoist, will always be a legend for me as a player, but the rest has been so poor, he could have come to some agreement with the club instead of still taking a wage, not done himself any favours

Disgusting thread

If he only failed as manager he'd still have John Greig like status.

But he stole from us. Biggest bluenose my arse. He's a fat fuckin spiv. Had McCall pulled off the playoff win vs Motherwell that cunt would be first in line for his fuckin bonus.

If he only failed as manager he'd still have John Greig like status.

But he stole from us. Biggest bluenose my arse. He's a fat fuckin spiv. Had McCall pulled off the playoff win vs Motherwell that cunt would be first in line for his fuckin bonus.

What did he steal exactly?

He did stop others stealing our titles and trophies right enough. Maybe that's what you mean.