Warburton Work Ethic

UnionMen

Christ this place is just an uncultured troll pit. Are there any posters on here over the age of 21 with at least half a fuckin brain?

The historic, world famous "protestant work ethic" refers to a set of people and their values. You call yourself a Rangers fan. Smh.

People know what it means.

Some people just don't accept that it has much validity or influence any more, even if it ever did. Some that it has little meaning in a football context.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard work, thrift and efficiency will lead to eternal salvation is more of a sociological and religious theory than a way to train a few blokes to kick a ball about a park and beat the other team.

Just saying.

And I'm a shade older than 21

You are bringing a religious slant to what is basically work ethic. As an example of such you have given a basque (non protestant)team's ethic.

No, Scottish Presbyterianism is a ethnic & cultural group in it's own right, with a set of social and integral values that this club was built on.

I myself don't believe in Jesus Christ or any kind of personal god, yet I was raised on good old Protestant values and pride myself on my protestant work ethic instilled in me by my father and his father before. That still means something to some of us.

No, Scottish Presbyterianism is a ethnic & cultural group in it's own right, with a set of social and integral values that this club was built on.

I myself don't believe in Jesus Christ or any kind of personal god, yet I was raised on good old Protestant values and pride myself on my protestant work ethic instilled in me by my father and his father before. That still means something to some of us.

Fine words.

Has fuck all to do with MW training his players though.

Essentially the frugality aspect, a necessity amongst the many working class Presbyterians of a century ago and from where the term was born, is distinctly anonymous in your current analogy.

Breaking News - mystery yellow liquid which has been noticed strewn around Auchenhowie during Rangers training sessions has been traced to fat sweating out of Cammy Bell's tits.

:lol:

Where is the frugality, the cornerstone of this ethic?

You are bringing a religious slant to what is basically work ethic. As an example of such you have given a basque (non protestant)team's ethic.

You ask where all the over 21s with more than half a brain are. You ask this due to a distinct lack of support to your OP.

Well plenty of such people are here reading this and are embarrassed for you.

Silly billy. Warbles was a dedicated, and somewhat vociferous student of Max Weber during his days on the trading floor. Of course there is a religious slant to the protestant work ethic. Weber poured over it and argued that the religious ideas of groups such as the Calvinists played a role in creating the capitalistic spirit. Weber first observes a correlation between being Protestant and being involved in business, and declares his intent to explore religion as a potential cause of the modern economic conditions.

And here's another crank joining in the fun.

http://gmtristan.com/gamer-babe-keridwen/

He's a crank who is rage-trolling because Danny Wilson snubbed his beloved hoops.

No-one is really that much of a cunt.

Not too often I agree with you.

Bang on the money here.

Silly billy. Warbles was a dedicated, and somewhat vociferous student of Max Weber during his days on the trading floor. Of course there is a religious slant to the protestant work ethic. Weber poured over it and argued that the religious ideas of groups such as the Calvinists played a role in creating the capitalistic spirit. Weber first observes a correlation between being Protestant and being involved in business, and declares his intent to explore religion as a potential cause of the modern economic conditions.

Many eminent economists take issue with Max Weber's analysis though. The influence of a Protestant work ethic on anything is up for debate. If Warburton was a vociferous proponent of it, and has decided that his work ethic is due to a religious upbringing or heritage, his work ethic is still likely no different to anyone else's, regardless of what they attribute it to. And it doesn't make him necessarily right to attribute it to that either, if it's in relation to a perceived heritage, because nobody is really certain as to how influential the Protestant work ethic has ever really been. I have no idea if you're right re his outlook anyway.

Called him out as a taig a long time ago mate (tu)

Normally I'd want them banned but I think we should keep this one for the comedy value.

You're my biggest fan, everytime I click my link to see if the photo function is working you've been by for a wee visit. Do you want to PM me you're postal add and i'll send you out a wee autograph?

You're my biggest fan, everytime I click my link to see if the photo function is working you've been by for a wee visit. Do you want to PM me you're postal add and i'll send you out a wee autograph?

Just like to give you the attention you desperately crave. It's especially enjoyable when you bite to the sarcastic replies and have a wee meltdown and expose yourself for the donut puncher that you are. For example: threatening to "meat" Sket, asking to rattle my testicles with your bare hands, claiming that you've shagged GOAT's da.

You're definitely one of the Village People aren't you?