Oleg Salenko - Video

julescotia

I've not checked up but im sure he only got 8 goals, he was a tidy enough player but after being spoiled by McCoist and Hateley for the last 5 years when both within that time were at their peak he was always going to struggle to be seen as a genuine replacement for either or both, the fact that Durie had his best ever season also didn't do him any favours, despite that horrific miss, we won a watch when we managed to swap him for Van Vossen

Good video. Think would should have an official pinned video section though keep them all together.

A Claudio Cannigia one would be good thanks!!

Put some Argentina stuff in too if you'd like!

Top Tip:

If you click the youtube logo in the bottom right of any of Julescotia's videos, it will open a new window and play the video there (streams much better that way too!)

Then below the video, you will see Julescotia's Youtube name - "AyeReady"

Click on AyeReady, and all of his videos and playlists are there for you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AyeReady1872/videos

Top Tip:

If you click the youtube logo in the bottom right of any of Julescotia's videos, it will open a new window and play the video there (streams much better that way too!)

Good man (tu)

Good video. Think would should have an official pinned video section though keep them all together.

A Claudio Cannigia one would be good thanks!!

Put some Argentina stuff in too if you'd like!

Already completed, and is uploading to youtube as I type. Spooky and all that :lol:

Top Tip:

Thanks I'll check it out. Was meaning more of just a section where anyone can put up a video of atmosphere or just goals.

Maybe not with any comments to clog it up but purely videos.

• 6 years later...

Oleg Salenko about Scottish Premiership (Ukrainian media):

- Oleg, you said that Scottish Championship is comparable to St. Petersburg city championship. 

- It was a jock. I would say that Scottish championship is like Ukrainian. There are two good teams only, while all the rest just fight but not play football. The kicks the legs in Scotland are not fouls.  Old Firm derby is not football at all, but rugby.

When you look at his wiki, his goalscoring record at other clubs certainly isn't the worst. A goal every 3 games

Didn't realise he is the only player to win the Golden Boot at both the U-20 World Cup and FIFA World Cup?

Bizarrely... He never appeared for Russia again after winning the golden boot?

Goals below

1986–1988 Zenit Leningrad 47(10) 

1989–1992 Dynamo Kyiv 91(28)

1993–1994 Logroñés 47(23)

1994–1995 Valencia 25(7)

1995–1996 Rangers 16(7)

1996–1998 İstanbulspor 18(11)

1999–2000 Córdoba 3 (0)

2000–2001 Pogoń Szczecin 1(0)

Total 248(86)

National team

1984–1991 Soviet Union U20 4(5)

1992 Ukraine [1]1(0)

1993–1994Russia8(6)

There is a bit of a oft repeated myth about players like Salenko and Flo,usually repeated ad nauseum by tarriers and imbecile "pundits" that they were flops etc. In fact Salenko in his short time with us was nowhere near as bad as is made out and i think Flo was top scorer both seasons he was here. We signed Salenko i think after his scoring exploits in a world cup and while he never really lived up to that he was by no means a bad player. I remember him having an excelent game at the knewcamp in the match Gaza scored.

• 1 month later...