Opposition Players Who Gave You The Fear

TheCutch

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ham'n'Egg used to send the bow-legged Saltcoats sprinter into Row Z.

In fact.....he launched him so far off of the pitch one day, Lennox had to buy a ticket to get back in. :D

Saltcoats?... I thought legend had it that the ugliest team to win the European Cup were all from within 100feet of Septic Park?

John Greig had ways of dealing with Lennox.

Lennox scored in three Old Firm cup finals at Hampden, in each case on the winning side. Greig commented about Lennox in the the 1969 Scottish Cup Final: "Off he went at that great speed of his. Nobody could catch him. He swept the ball inside Norrie Martin's right-hand post and we were two down". I'll spare our feelings about what happened next with John Greig.

Several celtc players not so long ago but Sutton in particular, using that backing-into-the-defender-then-collapsing trick that they pulled usually just outside the box. Refs fooled on way too many occasions.

I remember on the bus going to porkheid years back n I was the young vocal mouthy one who proclaimed to all "who is this moravcik cunt, 35 year old, ducking shite, never heard of him, oot midfield will walk this."

5-1 later he had ripped us a new arsehole n the boys have never let me forget it.

After that I was always wary of that old pikey!!!

Never feared anyone but hated playing against Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura and Samaras. That is about it from the last 15 years or so.

As much as I hate to admit it I agree these players regardless if they were ceptic players were great players and if any one could score against us it would be them. except Samaras.

even still WATP!!! FEAR NO FOE!!

Showing my age here but I will go for Bobby Lennox, speed merchant that always seemed to score against us.

Cunt

showing my age to, but his buddy Jimmy Johnstone , when going at us, used to scare the sh** out of me , Davie Provan (our full back) said that as well, in later years.

During our UEFA Cup run, Diego from Bremen and Arshavin from Zenit probably doubled my heart rate every time they were on the ball.

Over the past few seasons, not so much a player, but got the fear every time it was announced that Alloa, Peterhead, Annan Athletic or whoever were coming to Ibrox having never taken a point there before. You just knew what was going to happen :anguish:

There's a good one, Arshavin, he was on fire that season.