Warburton & Mulholland Press Conference

AlBear.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern is that we only have MW contracted for 3 years. Obviously this year will be spent hopefully winning the league but most importantly getting promoted. I'm sure we will all hope to at the very least challenge the following season, some may even expect us to win the league but imo that will be very difficult. So as I see it, he may only have 1 season where we have a really strong opportunity to win the league. Now hopefully if we are successful we can extend his contract but I'd hate to see him tempted back to England when there is such a massive job to do at the club. For the changes he's trying to implement and the scale of work needing dine in all aspects of the club I'd have been much happier to see him sign on for 4 or even 5 years.

If the gaffer gets us that far he can do what the fuck he wants, didn't I hear Champions League mentioned in one interview?

If he does well with us, which I'm confident he will, then it won't be long before a Premier League club come calling and when that does happen I think it will be very difficult for him to say no.

What's of paramount importance now is that we continue building the club so that it has a clear structure and philosophy that will outlast any manager or coach.

Swansea implemented ideas like this nearly a decade ago and the structure is so engrained in the foundation of the club now that they got themselves to a position where a long serving player was able to seemlessly move into management because he knew and understood it so well and that's what we have to strive for too. That's the ultimate goal.

Warburton won't be here forever, but the things he's implementing could last for a generation providing we stick with them, develop them and continue to appoint people throughout the coaching staff with a similar vision and ideas on how the game should be played.

This sort of change should have happened years ago and without wanting to turn this discussion into some sort of pro board or anti board post, I think they deserve massive credit for making an appointment that allows these changes to happen and for convincing somebody who is clearly a talented and highly thought of coach to come here when they could easily have gone for cheaper and more obvious options who would have simply carried on the status quo.

It's a great time to be a bear at the moment and it's been a long time since I've felt as excited about what's going on at the club as I am just now.

Waiting for the actions to speak louder than words before I commit my emotions.

That's understandable mate, especially after all the disappointments we have had over the last ±4 yrs., but you can't blame everyone for being upbeat about his appointment, as he is such a positive guy and this is contagious.

Hopefully he is the man to take us forward, will ease all our minds, and proves we are really on the mend this time.

Actions speak louder than words, I agree, but I think MW will please us all very shortly.

:uk:

Every time our new manager speaks I can't help but be impressed and he really seems to "get it" both the level of expectation & the potential that our club holds. I know it's not going to be all plain sailing and as a support we will need to be patient @ times but he's got my full support I just hope the bears rally & buy the season tickets that will give the club the best chance to back him in the transfer market going forward. It's fuckin great to be looking forward to a new season starting. I can't remember the last time I felt this positive.

I've noticed that the last few articles I've read tonight, all resulting from Friday presser all seem to lead with the same vein ... RFC fans aren't particularly happy with the standard of signings so far.

Now I'm not sure if that's one journo selling the same article to a few different papers or it's just something I'm reading that isn't there but it's certainly not the attitude I've seen from most fans.

I'm never one for "they're out to get us" and won't be starting here but it's just an odd tone to take, especially when covered by different publications.

An example as follows (from the Hootsman ...

IT IS fair to say that apprehension has replaced anticipation among sections of the Rangers faithful as pre-season has progressed under new manager Mark Warburton. The Englishmans confirmation yesterday that Andy Halliday was in the process of becoming his fourth signing will hardly cause fans to go all a-flutter. The winger is yet another arrival who might be young and hungry but who has bounced around clubs without fulfilling early promise.

Warburtons recruitment of such modest captures has fuelled cyber- rumourmongering that the financial muscle promised him by the board when he and David Weir were installed last month has not materialised. Rangers chairman and would-be major investor Dave King has hardly convinced on that front. Yesterday, however, Warburton was content to go on the record that he had received full backing from the board in seeking to overhaul a squad shorn of 11 players this summer.

I've noticed that the last few articles I've read tonight, all resulting from Friday presser all seem to lead with the same vein ... RFC fans aren't particularly happy with the standard of signings so far.

Now I'm not sure if that's one journo selling the same article to a few different papers or it's just something I'm reading that isn't there but it's certainly not the attitude I've seen from most fans.

I'm never one for "they're out to get us" and won't be starting here but it's just an odd tone to take, especially when covered by different publications v

I had a run in with the press this year about a story and tracked it down to a wannabe journo students blog (taig Obv). Every email I sent was with a wall of silence from the papers so would not surprise me if they are looking for the shittest response as may sell papers. I can judge by my mates and not one is pissed off at signings as have as I got faith in MW and DavieW who I think has been very quiet where is the bigman does anyone know?

I'm intrigued to see how Warbuton and weir get on at Rangers I wish them all the best .The problem with Mark Warbuton (being a Brentford supporter) there is strong belive he never actually signed any players only he might, might have had some influence in getting Alex Pritchard on loan .that is was why he departed from Brentford .Matthew Benham preferred a mathematical statistics to make assessments and hired two people from his other club in Denmark these statistics were based on how far a player runs he's optimum speed , average speed and so on.

The signings incidentally were fantastic and eventually I'm sure more and more clubs will be using these type of analysts rather than a recommendation from a coach.

The problem I had with Warbuton was tactically I thought we were naive in the sense with this cavalier approach of attacking football we were very exposed at the back our record against the top eight teams in the championship was poor. An example that we lost last year four times to the best defensive team Middlesbrough. our league match against them at the riverside was extremely poor trailing 1-0 he elected to play three at the back? leadbeater tore us apart it could have been 6-7 !the reason I belive he departed from us was Benham could see through this .for me the reason for Brentford success was our new owner and he's approach too recruitment. I hope for all you gers I'm wrong.

I'm intrigued to see how Warbuton and weir get on at Rangers I wish them all the best .The problem with Mark Warbuton (being a Brentford supporter) there is strong belive he never actually signed any players only he might, might have had some influence in getting Alex Pritchard on loan .that is was why he departed from Brentford .Matthew Benham preferred a mathematical statistics to make assessments and hired two people from his other club in Denmark these statistics were based on how far a player runs he's optimum speed , average speed and so on.

The signings incidentally were fantastic and eventually I'm sure more and more clubs will be using these type of analysts rather than a recommendation from a coach.

The problem I had with Warbuton was tactically I thought we were naive in the sense with this cavalier approach of attacking football we were very exposed at the back our record against the top eight teams in the championship was poor. An example that we lost last year four times to the best defensive team Middlesbrough. our league match against them at the riverside was extremely poor trailing 1-0 he elected to play three at the back? leadbeater tore us apart it could have been 6-7 !the reason I belive he departed from us was Benham could see through this .for me the reason for Brentford success was our new owner and he's approach too recruitment. I hope for all you gers I'm wrong.

Away and piss on your own chips.

Difference is Brentford were/are a very small fish in a large pond,at Rangers a major gripe of mine has always been paying inferior opposition way too much respect so it's all good for me,I do wonder how we'll fare in Europe tho when we're back with this approach but Warburton is fairly new to management and still learning his trade so I'm confident he's intelligent enough to adapt his tactics

I am beginning to think that Warburton could be the best thing to have happened to our club.

He has me sold. We have values like respect, timekeeping, disipline and appearance in the work place and those who don't like it will be shown the door.

Wants to sign young, hungry players who want to settle at a club after they have gained experience on loan. Small first team pool so all can fight for a place.

Nothings but positives and even if takes a little bit of time to get the side playing the way he wants I for one will give it to him.

Read in another interview that he regards the start of the season to be the St Mirren game and the cup games before that to be pre season friendlies. Games he wants to win but clearly is focused on the league.