Three Year Contracts

Noticed Waghorn and Tavernier both signed 3 year contracts, the management team are on 3 year deals as is foderingham and Halliday if he chooses along with Wilson and Kiernan is a 2 year deal I think. I know they're all just in the door and I really don't want to get ahead of myself but what do we see happening beyond the three year mark, where do you all think we will be in a footballing sense and if successful do you think the management team will stick around beyond the 3 year marker?

Noticed Waghorn and Tavernier both signed 3 year contracts, the management team are on 3 year deals as is foderingham and Halliday if he chooses along with Wilson and Kiernan is a 2 year deal I think. I know they're all just in the door and I really don't want to get ahead of myself but what do we see happening beyond the three year mark, where do you all think we will be in a footballing sense and if successful do you think the management team will stick around beyond the 3 year marker?

If we haven't won the Premiership in 3 years, someone is in deep shit!

I'm all in favour with having these type of contracts because it gives the board,management and players a decent time frame to assess the progress of every aspect of the club and whether to retain the setup or change direction.

If we progress as I think we will on the field then I hope Mark Warburton gets the financial support from the three amigos/board that would encourage him to sign another contract to remain at Ibrox. It seems evolution is the name of the game in football these days with players moving on more frequently than in latter years where it was not uncommon to play your entire career at one or two clubs.

If we are not challenging for the CL spot in season 2017-18 then It will be a big disappointment all round at Ibrox.

FFS, they're only just in the door, give them a chance to get started.

Warburton may be a failure, I do hope not. Or he may take us only so far, then the club starts to 'plateau' and he can't take us any further, but let the man get in the fucking door, and get his 1st game under his belt, before thinking too far ahead.

Maybe that's what's wrong with us, at times, we think too far ahead?

We forget, as a support, about the here, and now. We're too busy thinking about the Champions League music ringing out at Ibrox, & forget that there's a lot more work to be done before we can get anywhere near there.

We should be in the Premiership! We shoulda won the Scottish Cup, if only Simmonson hadnae fucked up against they Arab bastards, we coulda won the cup by now.

We shoulda won that Challenge Trophy by now, that game at Easter Rd still haunts me.

We've been through a hell of a lot, the past 4 years, we're not back where we deserve to be.

We'll only get there if we're good enough, last season we weren't, maybe it was a blessing in disguise?

Maybe next year we'll go up, bigger, stronger, fitter, than all of them, and wipe the floor with the bastards, only maybe though, because, the new guys have only just begun...

Makes more sense to give out 3 year deals, rather than the 5 year deals. If Wilson, Waghorn, etc are playing out of their skins and are gaining interest, theres no reason the board cant offer them increased deals.

Makes more sense to give out 3 year deals, rather than the 5 year deals. If Wilson, Waghorn, etc are playing out of their skins and are gaining interest, theres no reason the board cant offer them increased deals.

Or punt them on for a few million each and start all over again

There was comments made about Warburton being loyal to his club. He may well be here for a good while yet, providing he's allowed the freedom to go after players he wants.

Also I noticed Waghorn said he was here for the long term. Certainly doesn't seem to be wanting to use us as a stepping stone to the EPL.

I reckon if Warburton gets it right and we're back in Europe before their contracts are up, the draw of European football will be massive for players like we have as they're unlikely to get it at another club in Britain.

There was comments made about Warburton being loyal to his club. He may well be here for a good while yet, providing he's allowed the freedom to go after players he wants.

Also I noticed Waghorn said he was here for the long term. Certainly doesn't seem to be wanting to use us as a stepping stone to the EPL.

I reckon if Warburton gets it right and we're back in Europe before their contracts are up, the draw of European football will be massive for players like we have as they're unlikely to get it at another club in Britain.

Indeed, we will also have our tika taka football to encourage promising youngsters to sign for us amongst other things.

Things could be really good in 3 years time.

Three possibilities;

1. With a year to go they sign a new contract.

2. With a year to go they refuse to sign a new contract and are sold

3. Their contract runs down and they leave.

I take your point that we might be in the same boat in 3 years, however it is more likely we will strengthen in each window between now and then so contract renewals will be staggered.

I'm not looking past the first 3 months.

If we aren't top by then, most of MW's fan club will have already turned against him.

Three possibilities;

1. With a year to go they sign a new contract.

2. With a year to go they refuse to sign a new contract and are sold

3. Their contract runs down and they leave.

I take your point that we might be in the same boat in 3 years, however it is more likely we will strengthen in each window between now and then so contract renewals will be staggered.

Or 4. They have all left by then already.

Who knows but if they're as successful as we hope it's possible they might may be enticed to stay for a crack at Europe.

Even if Warburton does go back south he'll have transformed us for years to come & someone else with the same vision can take his place.

Mark's successor is already at the club.

As is the successor's new assistant manager.

I am whispering it to you and I won't name names but they are the future and a long-term vision is already being put in place at the club.

;)