Waggy

Dan Deacon

Was excited about him arriving and just hoping he wouldn't turn out a James Beattie!

Tavernier as well today seemed excellent.

Both Waggy and Tavernier looked like with a few games under them, finding a bit of form and confidence that they will be top quality. Tavs FK was perfect and although I thought he looked a little reserved he got up and down the wing, looked strong going forward and capable defensively. This is going to be a good season. :D

Where he scored his second goal from today, lee Wallace finds himself in that position plenty of times during a game. lee pisses me off when he just aimlessly hit it across the box and the ball gets cleared. around the 20 min mark I was screaming for lee to do what waggy did yet funnily enough he passed it square and Hibs cleared. yes I know that Holt near scored with a Wallace cut back but I wish lee could just shoot across goal more often to give strikers a tap in.

Where he scored his second goal from today, lee Wallace finds himself in that position plenty of times during a game. lee pisses me off when he just aimlessly hit it across the box and the ball gets cleared. around the 20 min mark I was screaming for lee to do what waggy did yet funnily enough he passed it square and Hibs cleared. yes I know that Holt near scored with a Wallace cut back but I wish lee could just shoot across goal more often to give strikers a tap in.

To be fair, Waghorn's shot was going wide. The Hibs goalkeeper just fucked it up royally.

To be fair, Waghorn's shot was going wide. The Hibs goalkeeper just fucked it up royally.

Was it? who cares! My point is it will no doubt lead to more goals if he hits a shot across goal. This was Albertz's trade mark and led to him, or a team mate tap in, scoring!

Was it? who cares! My point is it will no doubt lead to more goals if he hits a shot across goal. This was Albertz's trade mark and led to him, or a team mate tap in, scoring!

Wallace has nowhere near the shot power that Albertz did though. Don't get me wrong, The little cut back almost never pays off and it annoys me as much as you, but I'd imagine that if Wallace was to shoot more often we'd see him hit it straight at the keeper more often than not.

He does need to add a bit of variety to his end product though. I can't remember the last time I've seen him hit a cross on the deck across the front of the goal.