Is Cammy Bell Now 3Rd Choice?

kanjo

Think Rangers are looking to punt him this window. Shoulder injury had cleared up and he was due to start training again at the start of preseason. Shame really as he's not that bad a keeper, although I admit he was shite when he came back from injury last season, he seemed to have lost all confidence in himself, but like others who were not performing at their best last season I had hoped that Warburton would have got the best out of him again. Looks like that's not to be.

I thought Wes did okay against Burnley from what I saw. Less so today.

But Bell didn't really look comfortable at any point last season (at least in the games I was at), and the less said about the play-off game the better.

I don't see Bell as our number 1 this season.

Agreed hopefully he settles down

Just feel a bit sorry for Cammy, met him a few times as he's good friends with some pals of mine from Annan, he's truly decent guy and a massive bear so it just seems a shame for last season to be his last part to play, as I honestly believe he is still a good keeper.

Just feel a bit sorry for Cammy, met him a few times as he's good friends with some pals of mine from Annan, he's truly decent guy and a massive bear so it just seems a shame for last season to be his last part to play, as I honestly believe he is still a good keeper.

i can see you're point mate and i was quite happy when we signed him as i always thought he was decent but i think the pressure of playing for us was maybe just too much

i can see you're point mate and i was quite happy when we signed him as i always thought he was decent but i think the pressure of playing for us was maybe just too much

Could be mate, but I thought before he got injured last season he was ok, considering he was playing behind a shocking defence that didn't offer much resistance. Still in all fairness all I want is the best man for the job in each position so if that's Wes then that's good enough for me.

Wish he was to be honest, although, I'm hoping he'll be firmly planted to the bench for the majority of the year.

Imagining Bell playing in the MW system with the kind of role he'll be expected to play gives me the fear, even without the flapping seal impersonation against Motherwell taken into account.

Could be mate, but I thought before he got injured last season he was ok, considering he was playing behind a shocking defence that didn't offer much resistance. Still in all fairness all I want is the best man for the job in each position so if that's Wes then that's good enough for me.

yeah dont get me wrong any keeper in the world would have struggled behind our defence , after what happened in the play off tho it would probably be easier for him too find himself a no1 position somewhere and regain his confidence under less pressure