Cam1872

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ.

Ooft, menacingly curt, squire! :(

From my memory he strolled about a bit, had nothing much to do defensively because St Mirren were rotten, had a good long range effort, strolled forward from time to time... and we pumped them 5 - 0.

Nothing exceptional as far as debuts go, but instinctively got the impression he was going to be a right good player.

Alright, first post.. Go easy.

Lot of chat just now around Tavernier's form so far. Early doors, but he does look like a great capture.

Got me thinking, who in your opinion has made the best impression after the fewest games when signing for us?

Mines would be Mols.. I genuinely thought after a few games he looked like he was a world beater.

Mols for me as well. Nearly commited suicide when he was injured

I had a wee look on the Brentford forum and when they found out we had signed him they reckoned he'll be the best right back in scotland and a great player for us. Apparently he ripped Brentford apart in a league game when he was at Rotherham.

Ooft, menacingly curt, squire! :(

From my memory he strolled about a bit, had nothing much to do defensively because St Mirren were rotten, had a good long range effort, strolled forward from time to time... and we pumped them 5 - 0.

Nothing exceptional as far as debuts go, but instinctively got the impression he was going to be a right good player.

I suppose my memory may be a little contaminated by the friendly game we played against Kiev the season prior to him and Miko signing. (My memory may be contaminated by other things too.)

No disputing Negri Goat but you are probably not old enough to remember Colin Stein. I was in the Centennial Stand when he scored his hat trick in his first game. First ever 100k signing. He was the talk of the town.

That's 3 for Stein. Mon the rest o you auld cunts. Get voting for Big Colin. 8 goals in first three games. Apart from scoring in ECWC final and the winning league goal which broke the domination by the scum. A true legend.

Mols springs to mind for me, if I remember correctly he scored a couple of great finishes against a Finnish side in champions league qualifying.

I seem to recall Tugays first game being a substitute appearance against Aberdeen at home where he came on and was brilliant, Advocaat accused him of playing "circus football"!