Read It And Weep Ally

Carsons Dog

I'm not sure I fully agree with that; the squad Stuart inherited was pretty appalling, and it appeared to lack the unity that is synonymous with successful Rangers teams; I think, reading between the lines, that this was not a squad Stuart would have had anywhere near Ibrox. Getting third was Stuart's doing though, I would say; the Falkirk result proved to me that he wasn't up to it, and it eventually hindered us that we had to play those two extra matches in the play offs. We looked gone by the time the final play-off matches came around, but this squad was very poor into the bargain.

The squad wasn't great. There's no doubting that. Guys like Black and Mohsni are and were nowhere near good enough for Rangers as some said when they signed, even if there was plenty who thought Mohsni was great (for reasons I still don't quite get) off the back of a couple friendlies. You're right that getting third was Stuart's doing, although based on the results in the games played before he gave his notice, McCoist's side were on to finish second. Some of the hypocrisy is mental just now. I completely understand why people aren't happy with McCoist but some are too quick to ignore other's actions while kicking McCoist for similar.

Results are shite for McCoist and McCall? McCoist's the bad guy, McCall had his hands tied.

Sell a highly rated youngster? McCoist doesn't know what he's doing & playing all his pals, Warburton does it and it's not questioned.

Look to sign an injured 30 something? Same again.

It just gets really tiresome. We've got positivity throughout the club and fans for the first time in years and some would rather bitch and snipe at McCoist over a players code of conduct (which Lee Wallace says in the article was something that had been in place in the past anyway)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCall's side won less, scored less and conceded more than McCoist's. McCoist has a huge share of the blame to take but McCall doesn't come out of it well. Motherwell was one of the most toothless performances I've seen from a Rangers side. He was utterly lost and totally out done by Ian fucking Barraclough.

You won't get any arguments from me there, I said quite early on I didn't want him to get the job as he continued with McCulloch even though he was pish.

McCoist ruined the season, McDowall continued the trend, McCall kickstarted them then failed to deliver.

Bottom line was that it was Ally's team, not Stuart's but he certainly made an arse of the Motherwell ties.

The squad wasn't great. There's no doubting that. Guys like Black and Mohsni are and were nowhere near good enough for Rangers as some said when they signed, even if there was plenty who thought Mohsni was great (for reasons I still don't quite get) off the back of a couple friendlies. You're right that getting third was Stuart's doing, although based on the results in the games played before he gave his notice, McCoist's side were on to finish second. Some of the hypocrisy is mental just now. I completely understand why people aren't happy with McCoist but some are too quick to ignore other's actions while kicking McCoist for similar.

Results are shite for McCoist and McCall? McCoist's the bad guy, McCall had his hands tied.

Sell a highly rated youngster? McCoist doesn't know what he's doing & playing all his pals, Warburton does it and it's not questioned.

It just gets really tiresome. We've got positivity throughout the club and fans for the first time in years and some would rather bitch and snipe at McCoist over a players code of conduct (which Lee Wallace says in the article was something that had been in place in the past anyway)

I think those criticisms will fade as we begin to win and get back up the table. Over time I think Ally there will be a re-revisionism on Ally, and he'll be seen a better light!

It's quite funny actually. There's a thread on here moaning about the 'bias' in the media. This is the exact same trick they pull. Take a story (any story) and apply negative spin.

The players are happy under the new management and are looking to kick on and make up for the massive disappointment of last season. Warburton has seen to treat them like professionals and instil some pride and professionalism to the squad.

But fuck that. Let's use it to take a kick at McCoist.

It's quite funny actually. There's a thread on here moaning about the 'bias' in the media. This is the exact same trick they pull. Take a story (any story) and apply negative spin.

The players are happy under the new management and are looking to kick on and make up for the massive disappointment of last season. Warburton has seen to treat them like professionals and instil some pride and professionalism to the squad.

But fuck that. Let's use it to take a kick at McCoist.

Theres always an excuse for some

Perhaps if you could get your head out of Allys arse for two minutes you would realise McCall was only there because of piss poor job McCoist had been doing. So when you criticise McCall you might want to think about criticising the man whose fault it was we had to bring him in.

Perhaps if you could get your head out of Allys arse for two minutes you would realise McCall was only there because of piss poor job McCoist had been doing. So when you criticise McCall you might want to think about criticising the man whose fault it was we had to bring him in.

Two points.

1. McCall was there because of the piss poor job McDowall was doing. Said 'piss poor job' by McCoist yielded more goals per game, more points per game and less conceded per game in the league than under McCall.

2. I have criticised McCoist. Lots. What I'm not going to do is criticise McCoist for McCall standing with his arms folded looking lost as his team was getting ragdolled at Ibrox by Motherwell (the same Motherwell side McCall almost relegated) some 5 months after he resigned.

Two points.

1. McCall was there because of the piss poor job McDowall was doing. Said 'piss poor job' by McCoist yielded more goals per game, more points per game and less conceded per game in the league than under McCall.

2. I have criticised McCoist. Lots. What I'm not going to do is criticise McCoist for McCall standing with his arms folded looking lost as his team was getting ragdolled at Ibrox by Motherwell (the same Motherwell side McCall almost relegated) some 5 months after he resigned.

1. McDowall was there because of McCoist so again McCall only ended up there because of him and McDowall only carried on everything McCoist had been doing so whether you like it or not it all traces back to McCoist. Give up and stop trying to scapegoat Stuart McCall for the mess McCoist made.

2. I'm not happy with McCall's performance in the playoffs either but it does not alter the fact it all started with McCoist and we need never have had Stuart McCall if he had done his job properly or at the very least had the decency to end his contract thereby allowing the money to appoint a proper replacement. McCoists greed and laziness were the catalyst for it all which is an undeniable fact.

Two points.

Fux sake Dude stop throwing them pesky facts around, them folks don't like them pesky facts. And while I'm at it stop talking a whole load of sense.

Two points.

I applaud your defending of McCoist in that "his" team scored more goals, conceded less goals and achieved more points per game.

But can you remind me of where this team were in the league when McCoist left, and how many points we were behind the league leaders?

Ally McCoist was not a second rate striker. :lol:

He is an absolute bellend of a person though.

Sorry Goat in real world of football he wouldn't even get a mention, Ronaldo, klinsman, messi, to name but a few and could go further back in time if need be. When was the last time a good player came out of Scotland, need to think hard about it.

He was ok in Scotland, then so was Gary Hooper FFS.

1. McDowall was there because of McCoist so again McCall only ended up there because of him and McDowall only carried on everything McCoist had been doing so whether you like it or not it all traces back to McCoist. Give up and stop trying to scapegoat Stuart McCall for the mess McCoist made.

2. I'm not happy with McCall's performance in the playoffs either but it does not alter the fact it all started with McCoist and we need never have had Stuart McCall if he had done his job properly or at the very least had the decency to end his contract thereby allowing the money to appoint a proper replacement. McCoists greed and laziness were the catalyst for it all which is an undeniable fact.

If, and feel free to go back through the results and verify this, McCoist had seen the season out (based on the league games he'd managed that season) we were on course to finish 2nd. Had McCall had the full season (based on the games he managed) we wold;ve finished third.

Under McCall we shipped more goals than we did under McCoist, we dropped more points and we scored less. If you think that's an improvement then there's something seriously wrong.

Sorry Goat in real world of football he wouldn't even get a mention, Ronaldo, klinsman, messi, to name but a few and could go further back in time if need be. When was the last time a good player came out of Scotland, need to think hard about it.

He was ok in Scotland, then so was Gary Hooper FFS.

So he wouldn't be compared to two of the greatest players to have ever played the game. Well shit. Neither could Brian Laudrup. Second rate too I take it?

Fux sake Dude stop throwing them pesky facts around, them folks don't like them pesky facts. And while I'm at it stop talking a whole load of sense.

The only fact is McCoist was the catalyst for McDowall and McCall to get in the managers chair in the first place and all those precious stats didn't keep him in a job did they.

McCall = Legend who stepped in to help the club it its hour of need but the damage was already done the players already didn't care and nothing he could say would change that (see Boyd, Foster comments when they left for proof).

McCoist = Legend? who took the club for all he could in its hour of need (and still does) and then jumped from the sinking ship he ran aground before he was pushed.

Those are the facts. You can quote stats all you want the above is what ACTUALLY happened.

I'm not sure I fully agree with that; the squad Stuart inherited was pretty appalling, and it appeared to lack the unity that is synonymous with successful Rangers teams. I think, reading between the lines, that this was not a squad Stuart would have had anywhere near Ibrox. Getting third was Stuart's doing though, I would say; the Falkirk result proved to me that he wasn't up to it, and it eventually hindered us that we had to play those two extra matches in the play offs. We looked gone by the time the final play-off matches came around, but this squad was very poor into the bargain.

And unfit

If, and feel free to go back through the results and verify this, McCoist had seen the season out (based on the league games he'd managed that season) we were on course to finish 2nd. Had McCall had the full season (based on the games he managed) we wold;ve finished third.

Under McCall we shipped more goals than we did under McCoist, we dropped more points and we scored less. If you think that's an improvement then there's something seriously wrong.

McCall took over a Rangers team when both All and Kenny had fucked it up big time. He tried to turn it around and the first game or two it looked encouraging but then the same rank formation, substitutions and lazy attitude from the players they had all season came back to the fore.

Anyone wishing him back is just blind, to stick up for a hero from childhood who was a player is one thing, as a manager Ally sucked the arse out of anything moving towards motivation from both the players and fans.

Thank fuck we have a chance now it would seem.