Jason Holt.

Turnberry18

I think it would be good if he was on the team sheet tonight. When he came on against Peterhead he had an impact on the game; it was evident that he brings others into the play, and he looks the kind of player that others in a team like playing alongside because he opens up options going forward, and we began to find more options in attack when he came on. I think we will see this guy become a big player for us this season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be good if he was on the team sheet tonight. When he came on against Peterhead he had an impact on the game; it was evident that he brings others into the play, and he looks the kind of player that others in a team like playing alongside because he opens up options going forward, and we began to find more options in attack when he came on. I think we will see this guy become a big player for us this season.

Agreed (tu)

Thought Shiels did well, moved the ball well, got into the box and should have scored when Waghorn dummied it, but thought Holt didn't deserve to be dropped initially.

It's as tough as it's ever been to get in that midfield IMO, Murdoch, Law, Shiels, Halliday and Holt, it's a strong part of our squad. Eustace to come in too.

Think our middle three, especially Halliday, have been superb so far.

Agreed (tu)

Thought Shiels did well, moved the ball well, got into the box and should have scored when Waghorn dummied it, but thought Holt didn't deserve to be dropped initially.

It's as tough as it's ever been to get in that midfield IMO, Murdoch, Law, Shiels, Halliday and Holt, it's a strong part of our squad. Eustace to come in too.

Whenever we won the league it was because we had the strongest midfield; in Walter's time that was true, and last season our midfield was partial, to put it midlly, and it showed. I like that we have so many options, but I think this player in particular could be a telling factor this season.

i think he's just trying to find the right blend in there at the moment, maybe we'll see law missing out tonight at the start?

assuming that the midfield is going to be where the formation and tactics are adjusted by personnel this season given the number of options we have in there

I've got a mate who is a season ticket holder at hearts.

When we signed Holt he said give him time to settle in and you will love him. Actually said that when he plays centrally that he reminded him of a young Barry Ferguson.

I've been impressed so far, hopefully he keeps up the standard and performance levels we have seen so far.

Excellent since he has been signed did not deserve to get dropped last game but dont think that was down to performance just MW trying something else. Expect him to start tonight ahead of sheils would be the only change i would make on last weeks team sheet. Sheils has been decent tho i must say and good squad player and also a good sub to bring on like in the hibs game would just start holt instead than wack sheils on when we need some more legs in midfield thought he was excellent coming on against hibs and was decent last game just think holt is a better attacking option.

Agreed (tu)

Thompson looks like a very useful young player also.

Bearing in mind MW said the Peterhead game was completing our pre-season, I wouldn't read too much into him being omitted from the start on Sunday.

It's all about finding a blend, so someone has to make way until he settles on what he wants.

He's a bit lightweight.

When the keeper was flapping kicks against Hibs Holt gave him a right bollocking too.

The slide tackle on the Hibs player right after our equaliser that day was superb.

I have no idea why people are so sure about Jordan Thomson ffs, people haven't even seen him in action yet people want him to be jumping straight into the starting line up. I'm not saying he isn't good enough but I am bewildered at where this assurity comes from regarding him.